Hemel Stags.....

roughyed34

D-Day for Keighley today according to some sources, really bad situation by the sounds of it. Lingard doesnt think they will make it but of course thats just his opinion. Very late in the day if they do recover for recruitment etc and would players trust a new regime if that was the outcome.

The league with 10 teams if Keighley go pop, is borderline but i suppose just about enough, the problem for other clubs is that season tickets etc have been sold on the 10 home games basis which could reduce to 9, that is a blow to all clubs in league 1 and a bit of an admin nightmare.

20 games was a short enough season in the first place, 18 is worse as a comp.

Personally i would have thought the RFL would have looked at the dreaded loop fixtures in the first place to make it 30 games or so, 5 home,5 away extra to give clubs 15 home games and maybe a bit more chance of income (reduced to 27 games if Keighley went bang)

Its another mess and coming so late in the day will affect all clubs in league 1 if Keighley dont make the starting line.

Some sort of bond needs to be place to secure fixtures for the season well in advance. I know that is tricky, even for us, but the current situation is farcical.
RFL really need to get a grip of the lower leagues and provide support,security  and proper govrenance for all rather than just Bradford...

2 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

D-Day for Keighley today according to some sources, really bad situation by the sounds of it. Lingard doesnt think they will make it but of course thats just his opinion. Very late in the day if they do recover for recruitment etc and would players trust a new regime if that was the outcome.

The league with 10 teams if Keighley go pop, is borderline but i suppose just about enough, the problem for other clubs is that season tickets etc have been sold on the 10 home games basis which could reduce to 9, that is a blow to all clubs in league 1 and a bit of an admin nightmare.

20 games was a short enough season in the first place, 18 is worse as a comp.

Personally i would have thought the RFL would have looked at the dreaded loop fixtures in the first place to make it 30 games or so, 5 home,5 away extra to give clubs 15 home games and maybe a bit more chance of income (reduced to 27 games if Keighley went bang)

Its another mess and coming so late in the day will affect all clubs in league 1 if Keighley dont make the starting line.

Taff it is really a very sad day if Keighley fail to make it. 

I think that if they go bump get Manchester rangers in, on a 3 season trial that will make up the numbers. If marketed in the right way and with a full set of players they could be an untapped market 

On 11/21/2018 at 3:52 PM, sheddingswasus said:

They have now been placed in Special Measures, which means they can't sign or register anyone with the RFL

I believe Leigh are still in "special measures", but arne't they signing players, or are there different types of "special measures"?

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

3 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

I believe Leigh are still in "special measures", but arne't they signing players, or are there different types of "special measures"?

I don't think they have signed any players yet (officially), but they do have a new coach which has upset Fev.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived