The Great Buff-Ski Night

scott

**Carl Forber Testimonial Event**

The Great Buff-Ski Peaky Blinders Night will be held on Friday 9th November at Hunday Manor, Workington. Food will be provided as well as music from the fantastic Collision! Tickets are £20, if you would like one contact me, Helen McDowell or Carl’s Testimonial pages!  

Dressing up is optional don’t feel like you have too!  

Please share ?????

To all concerned, Carl’s testimonial committee have had to change the venue for our Great Buff-Ski Peaky Blinders night, this will now be at Zebras rugby club, Workington. Sorry for any inconvenience! We still have hot food, games and the awesome COLLISION! If you would like a ticket there are still some left get in touch ASAP!????

28F7F9BF-E97D-44ED-883C-5513C9875179.jpeg

2 hours ago, scott said:

To all concerned, Carl’s testimonial committee have had to change the venue for our Great Buff-Ski Peaky Blinders night, this will now be at Zebras rugby club, Workington. Sorry for any inconvenience! We still have hot food, games and the awesome COLLISION! If you would like a ticket there are still some left get in touch ASAP!????

28F7F9BF-E97D-44ED-883C-5513C9875179.jpeg

Is the Gus Risman bar unavailable then?

3 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

Is the Gus Risman bar unavailable then?

As a member of the testimonial committee, we thought it would be a nice change of scenery from dp were we spend most of the season and to show support to other local teams venues 

1 hour ago, Cassonkirk said:

As a member of the testimonial committee, we thought it would be a nice change of scenery from dp were we spend most of the season and to show support to other local teams venues 

That's a nice gesture to Zebras marra, but when every penny counts that's a lot of lost revenue to town especially in the off season when we need it most, sorry just my opinion. I hope zebras return the favour in the future. 

3 minutes ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Zebra's  do sponsor Town games and always bring a good bunch of drinkers down to enjoy the game and spend in the bar and i am sure they will continue to do so.

Good to see both clubs supporting each other.

I'm not meaning sponsor marra as I am sure town do the same, I'm on about zebras putting a do on in our club house like the we are in there's, to me we are losing good money for our club especially when in the off season we have very little coming in. 

45 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I'm not meaning sponsor marra as I am sure town do the same, I'm on about zebras putting a do on in our club house like the we are in there's, to me we are losing good money for our club especially when in the off season we have very little coming in. 

Seems to be a long standing theme players having testimonial do’s anywhere but the club (the club that pay their wages to ensure  they get a testimonial), Mossop did the same, as dis Cotter but at least Cotter had a game that brought a few down.

Then again I don’t suppose the players have the call on it, it’s just a pity the testimonial committee’s don’t see fit to use the club. Bizarrely they’re mainly Town fans too I’d imagine.

12 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

Seems to be a long standing theme players having testimonial do’s anywhere but the club (the club that pay their wages to ensure  they get a testimonial), Mossop did the same, as dis Cotter but at least Cotter had a game that brought a few down.

Then again I don’t suppose the players have the call on it, it’s just a pity the testimonial committee’s don’t see fit to use the club. Bizarrely they’re mainly Town fans too I’d imagine.

As clearly stated by you we don’t hold events at dp, did you attend the race night that was held at the club or will you be attending this event that is held at the club. We chose to have a change of scenery as most events are held at the club, unless you would like to support the player concerned then please talk garbage somewhere else 

EE3E557B-291D-4CC8-9144-8666977127E4.jpeg

It's a fair point from both. 

As the committee has taken the decision and showed good will towards the Zebras it is a good opportunity to ask for a reciprocal agreement where the Zebras hold an event at D.P 

Or even suggest a mixed cross code game at Derwent Park as a fundraiser for Carl providing the coaching staff agree. Be harder match than playing BARA like last year in any case....even if it's just for getting back into contact as first hit out...

1 hour ago, Ginock1 said:

It's a fair point from both. 

As the committee has taken the decision and showed good will towards the Zebras it is a good opportunity to ask for a reciprocal agreement where the Zebras hold an event at D.P 

Or even suggest a mixed cross code game at Derwent Park as a fundraiser for Carl providing the coaching staff agree. Be harder match than playing BARA like last year in any case....even if it's just for getting back into contact as first hit out...

Good idea marra, I'm not knocking any event as I try to attend as many as possible for both the Travellers Rest Ladies committee and  , but I just think that we are losing money with bar takings etc, 50 people sending as little as a tenna on drinks it's £500 lost. 

20 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Good idea marra, I'm not knocking any event as I try to attend as many as possible for both the Travellers Rest Ladies committee and  , but I just think that we are losing money with bar takings etc, 50 people sending as little as a tenna on drinks it's £500 lost. 

Of that there is no doubt. However as I say as long as we work with the other sporting teams and short term loss can be offset with long term gain. 

Good relationships are worth it, sometimes mixing in new circles can lead to new and exciting developments. 

We have a great club, lets hope a millionaire from the 1920s is there, they'll be worth a bit now! 

3 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

That’s exactly my point 

Archived