Interesting development at Sheffield

coolie

13 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Is that true I thought a new club was formed after the original merged with Huddersfield... but hey old age and wisdom and all that! Next you'll be telling me Bradford have a long and noble past even though they ceased to exist a few seasons ago!

There has been a pro RL club in Sheffield for 30+ years then, and there has been a pro RL club in Bradford for even longer. It isn't in the same category as London Highfield..........................................Prescott now is it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

There has been a pro RL club in Sheffield for 30+ years then, and there has been a pro RL club in Bradford for even longer. It isn't in the same category as London Highfield..........................................Prescott now is it?

Stop digging BSJ before it all falls in!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Stop digging BSJ before it all falls in!

If you choose to be perverse on a Sunday morning then that is up to you PM.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Same could be said for Patch. He has been brilliant for us, a great leader and organiser on the field. This season has not been a good one for him either. Maybe the years are catching up with him, maybe he has been carrying a injury, maybe does not get on with the coach etc. who knows?

Regardless of the reasons, he hasn't had a good season for us.  

Maybe Tubby will get the form we got out of him in the first 3 years? Hope for Patch's sake he does. 

45 minutes ago, BROADEDDIE said:

Only because he converted all of Brownies tries, Glover a better kicker

Don’t forget who made most of Brown’s tries with his kicks, Dom Speakman or have you forgotten that he’s left,for me he’s just as big a loss to us than any of the 3 players mentioned. 

2 hours ago, BROADEDDIE said:

You've posed that Browny was far from best last season but when faced with the question of who top scored you ignored it, why?

Sykes has been done as a player for a while, he's stealing a living at Dewsbury and that is why your best players leaving 

Sounds bitter to me Eddie - pots and kettles?

1 hour ago, BROADEDDIE said:

Not forgotten that but don't rubbish a player just because he's leaving. 

He gave 100% every game.

He now needs to kick on, if it's with Sheffield so be it.

He was Dewsbury Rams now Sheffield Eagles

I am assuming you have a connection with Brown, being as your posts have gone from "we" to "you". If that is the case, I suggest you read the posts again, and I think you'll find that everybody is sorry to see him go, and nobody to my knowledge has "rubbished" him   That said, he has not realised his full potential at the Rams, which could be/probably is down to poor coaching, but most fans appreciate that he has never given less than 100% on the pitch, for which we are all grateful.  Maybe a move will get him back him  on track, and I for one really hope so (except when he lines up against us), because I genuinely feel he has it in him to be SL quality. If you do have a personal connection with Brownie, then please let him know that most of us appreciate his efforts, and we genuinely wish him all the success he deserves.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

I am assuming you have a connection with Brown, being as your posts have gone from "we" to "you". If that is the case, I suggest you read the posts again, and I think you'll find that everybody is sorry to see him go, and nobody to my knowledge has "rubbished" him   That said, he has not realised his full potential at the Rams, which could be/probably is down to poor coaching, but most fans appreciate that he has never given less than 100% on the pitch, for which we are all grateful.  Maybe a move will get him back him  on track, and I for one really hope so (except when he lines up against us), because I genuinely feel he has it in him to be SL quality. If you do have a personal connection with Brownie, then please let him know that most of us appreciate his efforts, and we genuinely wish him all the success he deserves.

It sounds like his dad as he’s had a pop at some fans on Facebook as well.

8 hours ago, BROADEDDIE said:

Sykes has been done as a player for a while, he's stealing a living at Dewsbury and that is why your best players leaving 

8 hours ago, BROADEDDIE said:

Only because he converted all of Brownies tries, Glover a better kicker

Not really sure where you see anyone really criticising Brownie .... In the main we would all have preferred him to stay!!   ..... But it also appears you have a real problem with Sykesie  and have criticised him in a way that you rightly point out is unacceptable to a player that give 100%... is that your own opinion or maybe that of an ex player or two .. which might explain some of the morale issues last season!  For me Sykes is our most creative player ... our best tackler .... and our most reliable kicker!!  ... .. and I for one hopes he signs on again this season!  

21 hours ago, BROADEDDIE said:

You've posed that Browny was far from best last season but when faced with the question of who top scored you ignored it, why?

OK own up

Who put 10 bob in the

Chatterbollox vending machine

What a rubbish statement 

But we all have an opinion 

Whether right or wrong

7 hours ago, Superdave said:

It seems they have enough support and backing to look after one of their stalwart performers and record try scorer. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-46072029

Good luck with this lot if that's where you plan to play your rugby.

Brilliant player at our level, and never been tempted to jump ship. You'd think loyalty like that would be rewarded, even by a bunch of spivs like sheffield. Personally, I reckon he has another season in him, and I'd be happy if we paid his naturalisation costs, and signed him on.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, grumpyoldram said:

Brilliant player at our level, and never been tempted to jump ship. You'd think loyalty like that would be rewarded, even by a bunch of spivs like sheffield. Personally, I reckon he has another season in him, and I'd be happy if we paid his naturalisation costs, and signed him on.

Maybe bring Aizue back as well - equally effective IMHO.

Archived