2019 signings

vic

Lee is contracted to Hunslet for 2019, good player but can’t see us getting him. If true, would seem that it’s more likely to be Wright, know nothing about him, would far prefer Newts being signed back on but that seems to be unlikely from everything that’s been said.

Looking at the squad details on the town website, although there are 4 still unsigned on the list, Scott Akehurst has recently been removed so I take it he won’t be part of the squad next season. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LancashireTown said:

Our social media has been fantastic this year, but always seem let down with news and co-operation with fans on news like this. Hope it’s soon, I’m excited. 

Just a tweet saying “signing announced Thursday 5pm” goes along way and gets people interested. 

UTT

I'm sure they do that before signing. I never feel let down with with news. We have real quality social media compared to other clubs. Our website has improved unbelievably. Talked to someone involved at the club and they said players are signed but they await paperwork being sorted which means they can then announce

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

I'm sure they do that before signing. I never feel let down with with news. We have real quality social media compared to other clubs. Our website has improved unbelievably. Talked to someone involved at the club and they said players are signed but they await paperwork being sorted which means they can then announce

Surely it doesnt take that long to register a player, it seems like weeks since OW was announced other clubs seem to manage fine within a few days unless of course its overseas players but they obviously come with extra cost.

4 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

Surely it doesnt take that long to register a player, it seems like weeks since OW was announced other clubs seem to manage fine within a few days unless of course its overseas players but they obviously come with extra cost.

Maybe they drip feed info to maximise exposure like any clued up business would.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Maybe they drip feed info to maximise exposure like any clued up business would.

or struggling to make signings at the end of the day preseason has started and any good business would want there product to be on top form for the start of the season would they not.

Edited by tbgfc

8 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

or struggling to make signings at the end of the day preseason has started and any good business would want there product to be on top form for the start of the season would they not.

There’s been years when players were still coming in in January so yes I’d say it’s desirable but definitely isn’t essential.

Do you sign a player because he’s right for what you want or do you just sign him to bolster numbers?

2 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

There’s been years when players were still coming in in January so yes I’d say it’s desirable but definitely isn’t essential.

Do you sign a player because he’s right for what you want or do you just sign him to bolster numbers?

You said about drip feeding info meaning the club had players signed but not publicly released. what you stating now is completely different circumstances.

52 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

54 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

no idea. You're a negative wee chap aren't you? 38 posts in 5 years. Strange

9 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

no idea. You're a negative wee chap aren't you? 38 posts in 5 years. Strange

? 16 posts in under a week. Ex member under a new name i would say, you remind me of someone that got laughed off here not that long ago??

Not negative just inquisitive.

• Like 1

If theres no announcement tomorrow im gonna proper full on cry like...

• Haha 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

15 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

Bit of both maybe?

If there signed they would be announced and at preseason training no matter what you say. 

I do believe there are players that have possibly agreed terms or trying to but havnt actually signed yet.

Maybe some news tomorrow.

Edited by tbgfc