2019 signings

vic

56 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

is he decent centre ???cant say ive heard much about him.

We got 2 or 3 tries past him at center a couple of year ago but he's maybe improved since then, decent with the ball 

Edited by oldrake9
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, oldrake9 said:

Not as good as Elliott or Perry, think I'd like akehurst back instead of him ?

Nice confidence boost for him before he’s set foot on the pitch. Looks like Olly must rate him as it seems he’s had a bit to do with persuading him to come. Good luck to the lad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Nice confidence boost for him before he’s set foot on the pitch. Looks like Olly must rate him as it seems he’s had a bit to do with persuading him to come. Good luck to the lad.

People have said on these forums, that to improve we need to bring in better players than we've got, we done that with Tylar, which is great but I'm afraid, in my opinion, litherland is not better than what we've got.

2 minutes ago, oldrake9 said:

People have said on these forums, that to improve we need to bring in better players than we've got, we done that with Tylar, which is great but I'm afraid, in my opinion, litherland is not better than what we've got.

Different coahing staff, different team mates different focus. Give the lad a chance FGS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldrake9 said:

I think your very wrong and will be surprised with how he goes. Another big lad added can also play in back row, head and shoulders above akehurst for me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, oldrake9 said:

And you have seen him play how many times to form that opinion?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

26 minutes ago, oldrake9 said:

Haven’t seen the lad play so can’t comment. However as I said it seems Olly has had a bit to do with him coming, he has seen him play and played with him so with no disrespect to your opinion for the minute I’ll go with Olly until I can form my own view. 

You're all taking this the wrong way, read my post again, it's about bringing in better than what we've got. I said, again my opinion, he's not as good as Elliott or Perry. Good squad member, big lad, handful when he's got the ball, the only negative about him was my comment about him defensively.... But as someone said, a new start for him under Leon, so hopefully Leon can put his defensive game right. Can't beat getting shot down for having an opinion, thought that's what forums were for ??

Edited by oldrake9
  • Like 1

It was only last week we were thinking we were getting Stefan marsh so forgive me for being a little bit disappointed, i'm sure everyone on here is, if you are totally honest. Compare the 2 centres and you can see why I'm having a little moan, I thought we were getting an ex super league centre 

Edited by oldrake9

I think it’s a decent signing a local player which I wanted. Oreet signing a lot of travellers but what’s say we don’t go up next year and Leon gets a better job offer moves on then I personally think we could be abit lost and do a full circle again, we have to look at signing players in Cumbria again coz I believe Leon is a big part in getting these travellers. But them down the road have already jumped the gun and setting there local team for few years to come. 

Welcome Andy. 

• Sad 1

Some good points made but at the end of the day he's been endorsed by our ex- SL captain who obviously knows whether he's any good.

Barrow supporters like him although the injury is a concern I believe he took time away to get sorted rather than trying to overcome the injury whilst fighting for a place in the Barrow side. 

He's big by the looks of it and knows where the line is by all accounts a handful, defence can be worked on and a natural centre is a better fit than using Olstrom there who can back among it in the middle.

Sometimes supporters have to put a bit more faith into the recruitment team in my opinion. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldrake9 said:

How much have you seen of him playing?