2019 signings

vic

56 minutes ago, AndyD said:

OldRake9 should I reveal your identity to the forum? ???

He’s someone with a Maryport bias that blinkers his views it would seem.

ive seen plenty of Litherland and as an out and out centre believe he will be one of our starting pair as he runs great lines and when in his stride he’s away

• Like 2

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

6 hours ago, LancashireTown said:

I think your very wrong and will be surprised with how he goes. Another big lad added can also play in back row, head and shoulders above akehurst for me.

I watched Akehurst play union for Aspatria. He didn’t stand out defensively which at that level he should’ve.

6 hours ago, oldrake9 said:

At least a dozen

4 hours ago, AndyD said:

OldRake9 should I reveal your identity to the forum? ???

Well Andy has played a maximum of 13 games a season over the last 4 seasons with only 7 last year, and half of those will probably have been away games so more than a dozen games is an impressive number for a Town fan and a lot of watching Barrow.  So I'm guessing oldrake either doesn't live in Workington or saw him as an amateur.

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

30 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Well Andy has played a maximum of 13 games a season over the last 4 seasons with only 7 last year, and half of those will probably have been away games so more than a dozen games is an impressive number for a Town fan and a lot of watching Barrow.  So I'm guessing oldrake either doesn't live in Workington or saw him as an amateur.

Andy has played 45 times in the last 4 seasons for Barrow and has scored 22 times, which backs up what I said... He's good with the ball in hand, my concern (with watching that "dozen" times) was his defensive qualities..... But, again, like I said previously, hopefully Leon will fix that side of his game ?

Getting back to my original point..... Sorry if you feel like I'm slagging the lad, I'm not.....I welcome him with open arms, my point being if we want out of this league, you ALL would've preferred and would definately start Stefan marsh over Andy litherland, if you say otherwise you need your heads looking at... I'm a town fan, have been since the 70's, sorry for wishing big and wanting success at the club. 

Edited by oldrake9
  • Like 1

Ambition matched with realism.

Stefan Marsh was a name banded about by folk on here and not the club so for you to compere the two is pretty ridiculous. 

I like Tomkins and he's available but the club got Fieldhouse probably because ones realistic the other isnt, supporters just wanting to sign any player currently unattached. 

Edited by BlueVintheblood

9 minutes ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Ambition matched with realism.

Stefan Marsh was a name banded about by folk on here and not the club so for you to compere the two is pretty ridiculous. 

I like Tomkins and he's available but the club got Fieldhouse probably because ones realistic the other isnt, supporters just wanting to sign any player currently unattached. 

Again, read my last post, I AGREE, Andy litherland is a decent signing for us, nothing wrong with wanting better 

2 hours ago, oldrake9 said:

Andy has played 45 times in the last 4 seasons for Barrow and has scored 22 times, which backs up what I said... He's good with the ball in hand, my concern (with watching that "dozen" times) was his defensive qualities..... But, again, like I said previously, hopefully Leon will fix that side of his game ?

Getting back to my original point..... Sorry if you feel like I'm slagging the lad, I'm not.....I welcome him with open arms, my point being if we want out of this league, you ALL would've preferred and would definately start Stefan marsh over Andy litherland, if you say otherwise you need your heads looking at... I'm a town fan, have been since the 70's, sorry for wishing big and wanting success at the club. 

Fair do's,  it's just typical that our new signing is greeted with negativity.  It might be good to covet players, but totally pointless if they aren't signing. So how can you lament what might have been if it was never on the cards in the first place? Might it not been as well just to say nowt? I felt really underwhelmed when we signed newts, but he signed and got my support while he was here.

Andy will wear the famous unicorn on his chest and as long as he does it with pride and gives 100% he has my full support. Let's face it if he keeps his scoring rate up I'll forgive him an odd lapse in defence.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

24 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

Brookie. Negative all the time. I take it you are an back surgeon? Do you think he had a medical or the club just take a punt on people

Didn't the New Zealander also have a medical? Can't  remember his name, but he never played a game and nearly cost the club dearly.