2019 signings

vic

15 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Fifita played well in one of the derbies

Was a class act, unfortunately had been out half a season through injury before we signed him, surprising we didnt know given Veivers,s connections in oz!

4 hours ago, havenhater said:

His freindship with sammut was a brillaint thing!

Thanks for the memory 

Even though fifita was probably the biggest waste of money in the long history of our club if we had to sign him again to get sammut back I'd probably di it. 

Anyone fancy setting up a haven style crowdfunder??

5 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Even though fifita was probably the biggest waste of money in the long history of our club if we had to sign him again to get sammut back I'd probably di it. 

Anyone fancy setting up a haven style crowdfunder??

One where we pretend we’re more skint than we are and then con our supporters so we can have more funds to start to the following season?

• Haha 3

38 pages on Town on the Haven forum. Our moderator has managed to make an issue out of something talking about investigations which is ridiculous. We must be daft on here. As soon as something is posted the haven vultures are off posting it on their forum. Obviously nothing to talk about at their own club. We now have money issues and there's 'something up' because we haven't announced our promised signings. Bitter lot 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GentlemanJim said:

38 pages on Town on the Haven forum. Our moderator has managed to make an issue out of something talking about investigations which is ridiculous. We must be daft on here. As soon as something is posted the haven vultures are off posting it on their forum. Obviously nothing to talk about at their own club. We now have money issues and there's 'something up' because we haven't announced our promised signings. Bitter lot 

GJ you will find both sets of fans are as bad as each other, theres nothing wrong with a bit of rivalry but between us its quite embarrassing really. 

20 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

GJ you will find both sets of fans are as bad as each other, theres nothing wrong with a bit of rivalry but between us its quite embarrassing really. 

I agree I love a bit of banter with you guys but fans from both clubs spoil it it’s like on match day 10 year back I used to go to the Derby’s home and away and I’d stand with the town fans and have a laugh and crack and now it’s fighting at matches something I’ve never witnessed before at our games people need to chill and realise it’s a game that’s all I know we are passionate for our respective clubs and have our moments but surely we can all talk about things happening at both clubs without acting like a bunch of kids in a school playground come on guys it’s christmas 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

I agree I love a bit of banter with you guys but fans from both clubs spoil it it’s like on match day 10 year back I used to go to the Derby’s home and away and I’d stand with the town fans and have a laugh and crack and now it’s fighting at matches something I’ve never witnessed before at our games people need to chill and realise it’s a game that’s all I know we are passionate for our respective clubs and have our moments but surely we can all talk about things happening at both clubs without acting like a bunch of kids in a school playground come on guys it’s christmas 

Well said! I know we can all be guilty, myself included but imagine being an outsider looking in at our forums?!? ?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

The atmosphere at the derbys is terrible as you say its just a game, the players do it hard on the pitch then go and have a pint together,the way it should be..

• Like 5

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

12 minutes ago, anok4u said:

The atmosphere at the derbys is terrible as you say its just a game, the players do it hard on the pitch then go and have a pint together,the way it should be..

Over recent years its ended up more like a football game which is shocking for our sport, it could end up with fans being segregated which takes away alot of the family atmosphere which should be there. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

Are they really saying town have money issues? Wow you couldn't  make it up?. They seem to have forgotten about the collection buckets very quickly ?, just giving err i mean just saying

Edited by town4me

I still sometimes stand with my work mate Haven fans at matches. But we have had to move away from the half way line area at the wreck as there are a very small contingent intent on throwing drink and intimidation. They lads I stand with say it isn't just saved for Town fans though. To be fair we seem to have our own handful that think they are watching football and its ok to cross the line in terms of respect. Banter and abuse are completely different things, and as always the minority spoil it for the majority. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

4 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

MODERATOR:Hi Jim,Where did i say investigations,All i said it was rumours about Leon not an investigation.Thankyou..

1 hour ago, troutmaster said:

MODERATOR:Hi Jim,Where did i say investigations,All i said it was rumours about Leon not an investigation.Thankyou..

Apologies you didn't. However 'i would ask members for their cooperation to assist Workington Town to carry out further enquiries. I ask all members of the Forum too please to let this matter drop until it is proven either way' is just as bad. You're the moderator not Dixon of Dock Green

9 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

Apologies you didn't. However 'i would ask members for their cooperation to assist Workington Town to carry out further enquiries. I ask all members of the Forum too please to let this matter drop until it is proven either way' is just as bad. You're the moderator not Dixon of Dock Green. Ok jim,I plead guilty marra.UTT...