2019 signings

vic

Did he not sign for Rochdale . . Good luck to Brett, if he gets back to the player he was , all the other teams are having to face him , having said that we never won anything with him in our team or any of the others who have gone down the road . I think the team we are putting together  its much stronger than in the past few seasons  so teams will be looking at us not Whitehaven .   UTT

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, town2018 said:

Yea we had similar size squad last year but back end off season we could have done with a couple more due to the circumstances 

Said he has 3 to call on from Huddersfield at any given time at the forum. Also heard from an outside source we are after Shorrocks from Wigan so god knows 

1 hour ago, donald said:

Cracks being going around for couple if months he's joining town summit about 12k contract which is out of our budget 

Surely he would want to stay at the Haven family ,great lads love Haven xx cbgthrunthru( cringe) and play for the badge,harbour, fans ,mayor ,spoons ,beacon,rum story,Sally Madge.Did I forget anyone?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bomberisgod said:

Surely he would want to stay at the Haven family ,great lads love Haven xx cbgthrunthru( cringe) and play for the badge,harbour, fans ,mayor ,spoons ,beacon,rum story,Sally Madge.Did I forget anyone?

by all accounts he heard from other players that training had started. Thats how he found out he wasn't wanted

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bomberisgod said:

Jon paul Jones

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It sounds a weird one with Abram, he was meant to have signed a 2 year deal but haven fans say it was only ever 1 year and they wouldnt sign him again because of his high money demands but then he is released by mutual consent?

If he had another year to run there would be no negotiating over money for a new contract but if he was out of contract he wouldnt be getting released by mutual consent?

Something seems a bit strange to me, maybe terminating his second year to save some money so they can throw it at ex town players?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

It sounds a weird one with Abram, he was meant to have signed a 2 year deal but haven fans say it was only ever 1 year and they wouldnt sign him again because of his high money demands but then he is released by mutual consent?

If he had another year to run there would be no negotiating over money for a new contract but if he was out of contract he wouldnt be getting released by mutual consent?

Something seems a bit strange to me, maybe terminating his second year to save some money so they can throw it at ex town players?

Surely such an upstanding honest club wouldn’t tell fibs though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Surely both town and haven will have players on more than that, it works out at about £350 a week?

Yes but 12k will be contract money alone, then the match money on top...£200-300 a win. A lot of money for league 1.

Edited by oldrake9

6 hours ago, donald said:

confirmed tonight he,s leaving haven expect him to sign for town in next few days

Cheers for the info donald. It might be true as its the crack on havens forum. Here's a message about it from a poster called spacecake on your forum.

Good luck to the lad wherever he goes as long as it's not to town,

Do you know spacecake donald ???

30 minutes ago, oldrake9 said:

Yes but 12k will be contract money alone, then the match money on top...£200-300 a win. A lot of money for league 1.

Ah right, i thought the 12k would have included his match pay so he would have had winning pay plus probably a try/conversion bonus on top. In that case it does sound a lot of money! 

I notice in the statement on the haven site he thanks his agent, firstly surely there cant be many players in league 1 with agents and secondly if he hasnt got another club sorted he might struggle as most teams are pretty close to finalising their squads now? 

Edited by Carlisle1921
  • Like 1