2019 signings

vic

16 minutes ago, town2018 said:

We have signed moi moi been a bit off disagreement on board but personally think it’s going to great signing 

Was under the impression he had retired, 

3 hours ago, JMB said:

Was under the impression he had retired, 

He virtually was last season. Why anyone would sign anyone that can only give you 30 minutes and has a shocking disciplinary record is beyond me. 

Unless we’re struggling for numbers?

Edited by GeordieTownie

Just having him on the team sheet will put fear into some teams, he's virtually unstoppable near the line and worth every penny imo...

• Like 5

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

9 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

He virtually was last season. Why anyone would sign anyone that can only give you 30 minutes and has a shocking disciplinary record is beyond me. 

Unless we’re struggling for numbers?

What a load of rubbish, how can you say he virtually retired? He was excellent in every game he played for us, his disciplinary record wasn't anything like shocking. As ever your way off. 

Edited by dkw
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Cl1998 said:

Moi moi is signed and speaking to someone close to the club yesterday we’ve more to come in the few week and I quote a few surprises that’ll make everyone’s day 

Won't he miss the first 3 games due to suspension? As for his disciplinary record, he got sent off for a fair tackle. Still good for this league

• Like 1

Just now, Brookie said:

Won't he miss the first 3 games due to suspension? As for his disciplinary record, he got sent off for a fair tackle. Still good for this league

Just 2 as he missed the Swinton game and can use one friendly as a game so will miss Oldham away and Cru at home 

38 minutes ago, dkw said:

What a load of rubbish, how can you say he virtually retired? He was excellent in every game he played for us, his disciplinary record wasn't anything like shocking. As ever your way off. 

So 2 bans in one season isn’t bad? Aye ok. And if he gets another he’s likely to get another 4.

We need a young hungry prop who can do minutes to cover Olly, not some has been. If you know anything about rugby you’ll know that.

But then again, Dad’s army didn’t do too badly in the 2003 RU World Cup.......

I said the other week I thought it had been quiet regarding signings? One or two in before the Ike game would be nice. Always hard to judge in the opening friendlies as we basically field 2 different teams and its hard to fins consistency.

Does the new 8 subs, rather than 10 apply to us this year? Fui may be asked to up his minutes if so?

2 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

So 2 bans in one season isn’t bad? Aye ok. And if he gets another he’s likely to get another 4.

We need a young hungry prop who can do minutes to cover Olly, not some has been. If you know anything about rugby you’ll know that.

But then again, Dad’s army didn’t do too badly in the 2003 RU World Cup.......

Where do we find this young hungry prop who can do minutes? Very hard to find one of those available who would be as dangerous as Fui !

I’m split on this tbh and can see it both ways . Ultimately the guys down there know the sums and the coach and conditioning team knows what to do with the players , so I’ll go with that . I can’t knock Fui at all , he put it the hours , effort and commitment to us and gave everything as well as being a great character . If we moved on fine , but as a proud guy who feels he can offer more and we’re happy with the deal then fine to. He’s talismanic . We have the props to cover an impact like Fui if we sign him and he can still do things and cause intimidation few others can  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dkw said:

hat a load of rubbish, how can you say he virtually retired? He was excellent in every game he played for us, his disciplinary record wasn't anything like shocking. As ever your way off. 

Very dubious sending off at Bradford, he was very good for us last year, in fact our only consistent line breaking threat that actually tired out defences.

You could see the difference he made on opposition middles after each spell, if he isn't back on board this year, we really need to replace that kind of fire power which is not really Olly's style, who leads more by example whilst Tom and Stevie are not really line breakers, out and out workhorses (which every team needs) Tickle doesn't offer that sort of threat either in my opinion.

1 minute ago, havenhater said:

There's plenty ex players who are free agents who I think we should personally be looking at. Jordan walne, Jamie Acton to name 2 lost goes on if they havnt already been snapped up

Acton never on the field so wouldn't go there,

Walne was always decent for us but doesn't have the fire power we need if to replace Fui.