2019 signings

vic

Would be nice If we could get a couple of our own permanent signings in before any loans (Which we will probably only see once the season has started)

I believe the trialists we have been looking at will play next week, along with the lads who only started training this week, so we may be a bit off the pace. 

1 hour ago, havenhater said:

Caine a years loan?

3 from Huddersfield if we require them? Pretty good that 

I was told it was 4? I wouldn't say it's "pretty good"..... I'd prefer our own squad for us to build on and not rely on loans every year

• Like 1

I would say it is pretty good. There is a budget. A budget which is limited. We have crowds that do not allow us to run a reserve team, a squad of 30 etc.

I think the board have done a magnificent job in attracting good quality Cumbrian players and adding some quality experience from out of the county. 

What is the alternative.  Put the club at risk by signing players we cannot afford. 

I think it is pretty smart by the board.

If crowds increase then i am sure we will have mid season signings like Les indicated recently. 

24 minutes ago, LondonTown said:

I would say it is pretty good. There is a budget. A budget which is limited. We have crowds that do not allow us to run a reserve team, a squad of 30 etc.

I think the board have done a magnificent job in attracting good quality Cumbrian players and adding some quality experience from out of the county. 

What is the alternative.  Put the club at risk by signing players we cannot afford. 

If crowds increase then i am sure we will have mid season signings like Les indicated recently.

How can it be good only having a squad of 16/17 of Town players! Are you for real!!?

6 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Off top of my head. 

Fieldhouse, Mellor, rooke, hambley, Litherland, Miller, singkleton, K Maudling, Doran, Forber, Wilkes, Dawson, Curwen, Penky, Barnes, G Maudling, Scholey

Have I missed anyone? That's 17. Rather light.

Olstrum

1 hour ago, LondonTown said:

I agree. I don’t think any team in this league will be running with a big squad. Loans and dr will play a part for most clubs. In an ideal world you’d want a reserve team but that ain’t gonna happen as even super league don’t seem to be able to manage that. The fact you have to run with only 10 home fixtures isn’t good for revenue and what’s the point of having players signed on who become quickly fed up at little or no game time. I think the way that the town are bringing youngsters into train is a good way to show them what is required for the step up to the semi pro game and it will hopefully bear fruit in the years to come. I certainly won’t be disappointed if the standard of loanees match those from last year because no one could say that we didn’t benefit from them, they gave their all for the shirt and obviously led to Tylar signing this year. Until such times we are in a position to run a reserve team or develop an academy, which will only come with significant investment, I can’t see things changing. 

48 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Off top of my head. 

Fieldhouse, Mellor, rooke, hambley, Litherland, Miller, singkleton, K Maudling, Doran, Forber, Wilkes, Dawson, Curwen, Penky, Barnes, G Maudling, Scholey

Have I missed anyone? That's 17. Rather light.

Tickle

8 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Has anyone noticed the face transplant on one of the photos of training on facebook? Obviously at least one more to announce...

Yeah i noticed the wilkes head stuck over someone elses, that must mean they are recognisable, whether thats because they are local or famous we'll have to wait and see!

Some of the things said on here are way off the mark. The board have said that they will not overstretch. That's greta news for a start. Leon has said that there were mistakes made last year early recruitment wise. BARLA lads don't want to sign. We have a squad that is mostly Cumbria on decent length contracts. The quality of loans from Huddersfield has been outstanding. Any loans probably won't be sorted until after the friendly. 

Haven are announcing McGoff tomorrow. If we were announcing him I'd be nervous

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Has anyone noticed the face transplant on one of the photos of training on facebook? Obviously at least one more to announce...

Same guy is on last photo stood next to Leon, guy with a beard

35 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

the quote by charlton on mcgoff is a corker 'he's not the most skilful of players but....' 

He will fit into charlo,s standard game plan, up the middle and see what happens (unless of course he has changed, but doubt it)

Edited by Onreport
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Town Army said:

Would be nice If we could get a couple of our own permanent signings in before any loans (Which we will probably only see once the season has started)

I believe the trialists we have been looking at will play next week, along with the lads who only started training this week, so we may be a bit off the pace. 

I hope they don’t. It would be a stupid move after we lost last season.

If we lose the Ike game the momentum shifts to Haven and the attendance for the first league game reduces (and revenue) in an instant.