2019 signings

vic

20 minutes ago, Worky1 said:

Dom did brill yest. Assisted Barnes with a try, got involved in tackles and head is in the game. Watch this space I’d say 

I dont think dom is a bad player but I would prefer a more experienced half, we've gone from wanting sammut to maybe signing dom as cover for Forber and Doran.... If it's just to gain him experience fair enough but if it's to play him now I'd be a bit worried, forgive for wanting to progress..... I'll wait for the barrage of abuse.........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldrake9 said:

I dont think dom is a bad player but I would prefer a more experienced half, we've gone from wanting sammut to maybe signing dom as cover for Forber and Doran.... If it's just to gain him experience fair enough but if it's to play him now I'd be a bit worried, forgive for wanting to progress..... I'll wait for the barrage of abuse.........

No abuse from me old rake,Dom done well, but would be better to have another season with Seaton.I thought Liam had a good game,passed the ball well,made 1 mistake with a forward pass but who doesn't pass forward in games today.The guy from Huddersfield at hooker looked a good prospect,but,I would like a more experienced halfback for this season if we can find one..?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brookie said:

He was a good finisher, but defence was suspect

Overall I reckon the positives outweighed the negatives and he did a good job on the wing I’d say . Big lad , took the ball , ran it back strongly out of our end and a good try scoring record .

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, scott said:

Gutted about Joe. Gets better every game imo 

I agree Scott. He’s still only a young and relatively inexperienced player and was getting better all the time. He obviously had a love for the club as well when you read his tweets after the swinton game last season so hopefully something can be sorted out and we can see him in blue and white again. 

• Like 4

The guys on trail were solid performers. Maybe to soon if we want to challenge for promotion. But I can remember how we nursed a young tee ritson into things years ago. And look at him now!

My concern is where Kurt is? Has JP hung his boots up? And Olstrum yesterday? 

5 minutes ago, townie88 said:

The guys on trail were solid performers. Maybe to soon if we want to challenge for promotion. But I can remember how we nursed a young tee ritson into things years ago. And look at him now!

Need Olstrom on board

1 hour ago, townie88 said:

is this where we pretend we're concerned to make trouble? JP is injured. Everybody who misses a match hasn't left

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

is this where we pretend we're concerned to make trouble? JP is injured. Everybody who misses a match hasn't left

???? Not trying to make trouble at all. They are all serious questions that I am yet to hear an answer to. 

I've heard no injury update on JP. Was reported Kurt threw a wobbler before Whitehaven, then wasn't involved against the giants. And heard no reports as to why Olstrum wasn't playing. 

12 hours ago, townie88 said:

???? Not trying to make trouble at all. They are all serious questions that I am yet to hear an answer to. 

I've heard no injury update on JP. Was reported Kurt threw a wobbler before Whitehaven, then wasn't involved against the giants. And heard no reports as to why Olstrum wasn't playing. 

im not so sure that the club needs to constantly report on every single thing in pre season. We're fans but just because you demand an answer doesn't mean that the club should answer. In the world of whatsapp gossip is worse than ever but I think that peoples desire for gossip shouldn't drive the comms approach of any club. Olstrom wasn't playing so what?

2 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

im not so sure that the club needs to constantly report on every single thing in pre season. We're fans but just because you demand an answer doesn't mean that the club should answer. In the world of whatsapp gossip is worse than ever but I think that peoples desire for gossip shouldn't drive the comms approach of any club. Olstrom wasn't playing so what?

Only asking because everyone else got a run out. Your quite right, the club don't have to update us every time. But I wasn't asking the club directly. More if anyone knew why?

If it wasn't for gossip, this forum would have half the content it has. It was a genuine question. That I still haven't heard a reason for him not playing?

1 hour ago, townie88 said:

Only asking because everyone else got a run out. Your quite right, the club don't have to update us every time. But I wasn't asking the club directly. More if anyone knew why?

If it wasn't for gossip, this forum would have half the content it has. It was a genuine question. That I still haven't heard a reason for him not playing?

I was informed Karl had a slight injury, on another note Olly Wilkes was named as sub but wasn't used,  I assume he just wasn't needed as we were cruising? 

• Like 1