Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vic

2019 signings

Recommended Posts

I know they’ve signed Halafihi , the hooker from Bulls . Their website has Jack Lee and Ryan Wright , Wright was one casualty of the keighley debacle I believe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lee is contracted to Hunslet for 2019, good player but can’t see us getting him. If true, would seem that it’s more likely to be Wright, know nothing about him, would far prefer Newts being signed back on but that seems to be unlikely from everything that’s been said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the squad details on the town website, although there are 4 still unsigned on the list, Scott Akehurst has recently been removed so I take it he won’t be part of the squad next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our social media has been fantastic this year, but always seem let down with news and co-operation with fans on news like this. Hope it’s soon, I’m excited. 

Just a tweet saying “signing announced Thursday 5pm” goes along way and gets people interested. 

UTT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LancashireTown said:

Our social media has been fantastic this year, but always seem let down with news and co-operation with fans on news like this. Hope it’s soon, I’m excited. 

Just a tweet saying “signing announced Thursday 5pm” goes along way and gets people interested. 

UTT

I'm sure they do that before signing. I never feel let down with with news. We have real quality social media compared to other clubs. Our website has improved unbelievably. Talked to someone involved at the club and they said players are signed but they await paperwork being sorted which means they can then announce

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

I'm sure they do that before signing. I never feel let down with with news. We have real quality social media compared to other clubs. Our website has improved unbelievably. Talked to someone involved at the club and they said players are signed but they await paperwork being sorted which means they can then announce

Surely it doesnt take that long to register a player, it seems like weeks since OW was announced other clubs seem to manage fine within a few days unless of course its overseas players but they obviously come with extra cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

Surely it doesnt take that long to register a player, it seems like weeks since OW was announced other clubs seem to manage fine within a few days unless of course its overseas players but they obviously come with extra cost.

Maybe they drip feed info to maximise exposure like any clued up business would.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Maybe they drip feed info to maximise exposure like any clued up business would.

or struggling to make signings at the end of the day preseason has started and any good business would want there product to be on top form for the start of the season would they not.

Edited by tbgfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

or struggling to make signings at the end of the day preseason has started and any good business would want there product to be on top form for the start of the season would they not.

There’s been years when players were still coming in in January so yes I’d say it’s desirable but definitely isn’t essential.

Do you sign a player because he’s right for what you want or do you just sign him to bolster numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

There’s been years when players were still coming in in January so yes I’d say it’s desirable but definitely isn’t essential.

Do you sign a player because he’s right for what you want or do you just sign him to bolster numbers?

You said about drip feeding info meaning the club had players signed but not publicly released. what you stating now is completely different circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

Surely it doesnt take that long to register a player, it seems like weeks since OW was announced other clubs seem to manage fine within a few days unless of course its overseas players but they obviously come with extra cost.

 

54 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

Surely it doesnt take that long to register a player, it seems like weeks since OW was announced other clubs seem to manage fine within a few days unless of course its overseas players but they obviously come with extra cost.

no idea. You're a negative wee chap aren't you? 38 posts in 5 years. Strange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

 

no idea. You're a negative wee chap aren't you? 38 posts in 5 years. Strange

? 16 posts in under a week. Ex member under a new name i would say, you remind me of someone that got laughed off here not that long ago??

Not negative just inquisitive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

? 16 posts in under a week. Ex member under a new name i would say, you remind me of someone that got laughed off here not that long ago??

Not negative just inquisitive.

nope. Just a new member

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If theres no announcement tomorrow im gonna proper full on cry like...

  • Haha 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

Bit of both maybe?

If there signed they would be announced and at preseason training no matter what you say. 

I do believe there are players that have possibly agreed terms or trying to but havnt actually signed yet.

Maybe some news tomorrow.

Edited by tbgfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, havenhater said:

There's a few making up the numbers and gaining experience and a few on trial 

That's fair enough for the future but what about now, who else we got for this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...