London game day next season?

Anyone out there have any idea on when London will play next season. Friday's are an issue for me due to where I live and work which makes season ticket renewal interesting.

I have made several calls to the club and e-mailed them but haven't been given the courtesy of a response. As it stands they may be losing a season ticket holder of approaching twenty years standing due to their failure to respond. Not good.

2 minutes ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

Anyone out there have any idea on when London will play next season. Friday's are an issue for me due to where I live and work which makes season ticket renewal interesting.

I have made several calls to the club and e-mailed them but haven't been given the courtesy of a response. As it stands they may be losing a season ticket holder of approaching twenty years standing due to their failure to respond. Not good.

Don't be so soft, the fixtures will be out on a week or two.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

Don't worry about not getting a response just yet.

I'm sure they will arrange fixtures to suit your diary and are in discussion with the other SL clubs, Trailfinders, and SKY to make it happen.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

10 minutes ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

There's no excuse for a lack of response, especially if it means you'll now miss the early bird deadline 

8 minutes ago, Eleftherios said:

I'd suggest Saturday, better for away team supporters to travel

It almost certainly won't be Saturday cos Ealing RU have first dibs September to May and the complex does a roaring trade for weddings in the summer!

I see no reason why it won't still be Sundays at 3pm, unless moved for TV. 

£99 for a renewal.

Friday isn't ideal for me but still a no brainer.

No idea why a 20 year season ticket holder wouldn't renew simply due to a non-reply.

As noted above, fixtures out soon enough.

To be clear, I would totally accept and understand if London reply "we don't know yet." Not replying is poor. 

Why the rush to know? The deadline for existing season ticket holders to renew is tomorrow. After that seats can be re-allocated. Prices also go up.

Why a possible move to Friday? Recovery time, as cited by other clubs who have moved though I note two are trying to move back next season. To be clear I don't expect the club to arrange their fixtures around me. If they can sell out by shifting to Friday's I'd fully support that. The sport is more important than an individual fan.

Why might I walk away? Because I'm tired of the club treating me like this and because I think there may be another way to enjoy my RL more rather than watching a club that doesn't seem to care whether or not I go.

Until recently I was a dual Oxford and Broncos season ticket holder. Next season if Broncos can't be bothered to answer I may well pick some games up north to watch, whether or not they feature Broncos. Happy to watch good games as a neutral. Wigan v Saints or Wigan v Broncos,, easy choice. It's 90 mins to Ealing for me so a trip up north isn't that much more. Hull was easy enough last weekend for example and we had a nice weekend away.

I was a joint Broncos / Skolars season ticket holder when I lived in London but surrendered the Skolars one on moving out of London as I didn't want to spend most weekends hauling in and out of London. Skolars are two hours away from me now. Truth be told I also think I'm done with watching RL at athletics track grounds after two soul destroying seasons at Abingdon. White Hart Lane is a vastly superior facility but it's still a mighty long way to go to sit a long way from the action.

Hopefully Broncos will respond tomorrow otherwise me and the missus will be making a choice as to whether we renew or hit the motorway for a few weekends away next season. Throw in a bit of National Conference on the Saturday or perhaps a steam railway and we'll be more than happy doing that.

10 minutes ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

I was a joint Broncos / Skolars season ticket holder when I lived in London but surrendered the Skolars one on moving out of London as I didn't want to spend most weekends hauling in and out of London. Skolars are two hours away from me now. Truth be told I also think I'm done with watching RL at athletics track grounds after two soul destroying seasons at Abingdon. White Hart Lane is a vastly superior facility but it's still a mighty long way to go to sit a long way from the action.

Hopefully Broncos will respond tomorrow otherwise me and the missus will be making a choice as to whether we renew or hit the motorway for a few weekends away next season. Throw in a bit of National Conference on the Saturday or perhaps a steam railway and we'll be more than happy doing that.

I wouldn't worry.

They will still be offering deals to shift tickets and would probably agree to a reduction if you spoke to them after the cut off.

They will still struggle for 1k plus home fans, so can't be picky.

There is a similar issue on the Skolars website where Broncos holders get a discount but you need your Broncos Season Ticket number, which hasn't been issue yet.

I am very unlikely to make 8.00 kick offs on a Friday due to work commitments given where I work and live. It's the date and time that is the issue.

Whilst Broncos have previously played a few games at that time - which I have missed - it has never been a regular day so it's not been a big issue for me and I've bought season tickets knowing I may not be able to make occasional games.

In recent years Friday has become almost a normal game day in Superleague, that's why it's now a potential issue for me if Broncos were to make it their first choice fixture date. I have no desire to take 13 days a year out of my annual leave to watch Broncos home games.

I have been able to haul all over London, Leicestershire, South Wales and even France to watch home games as I don't work weekends. If Broncos play Saturday or Sunday I'll probably be there. If they play Friday I won't be.

I'm currently unsure about whether to renew our season tickets as I don't know if we will be able to use them. If they do play weekends I fully expect to miss a game or two due to TV, that's life and it won't stop me renewing, but I'm not too keen on buying two season tickets and then finding out we can't go to the matches.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect an answer to the question when they are asking me for money, even if that answer is they don't really know yet or - and I suspect this is more likely - they will be playing games on different days of the week next season.

I would imagine it depends on sky , bus and rail strikes, if east ham women fc have a home game or if someone important at the ru coughs or sneezes , how can hull kr fans not be expected to take the short trip to the capital on a thurs nite in consideration of the possibility there may be a star wars convention going on just up the road on that Saturday, how selfish of them to put themselves 1st 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Second half of the season, Thursday and Friday won't be an issue, as sky won't want to show London getting thrashed. 

Agree that Thursday band Friday are suicide for away attendances. They should put London's away games on those days if needed for TV.

2 hours ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

To be clear, I would totally accept and understand if London reply "we don't know yet." Not replying is poor. 

Why the rush to know? The deadline for existing season ticket holders to renew is tomorrow. After that seats can be re-allocated. Prices also go up.

Why a possible move to Friday? Recovery time, as cited by other clubs who have moved though I note two are trying to move back next season. To be clear I don't expect the club to arrange their fixtures around me. If they can sell out by shifting to Friday's I'd fully support that. The sport is more important than an individual fan.

Why might I walk away? Because I'm tired of the club treating me like this and because I think there may be another way to enjoy my RL more rather than watching a club that doesn't seem to care whether or not I go.

Until recently I was a dual Oxford and Broncos season ticket holder. Next season if Broncos can't be bothered to answer I may well pick some games up north to watch, whether or not they feature Broncos. Happy to watch good games as a neutral. Wigan v Saints or Wigan v Broncos,, easy choice. It's 90 mins to Ealing for me so a trip up north isn't that much more. Hull was easy enough last weekend for example and we had a nice weekend away.

No response is poor but an obtuse way to get a direct answer .... are you on Facebook and on the LB away page https://www.facebook.com/groups/335716526623798/  ? Neil Reynolds deals with such questions directly on there, not that question yet, but give it time. 

Sunday may be more traditional in RL terms, but London are hardly traditional, and the railway station local to Trailfinders is closed all day on Sundays.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Didn't stop them playing all games this year on a Sunday. The service is a minor one from Paddington, so I doubt it is relevant to attendance. 

You can still get a train from Paddington to Ealing Broadway anyhow.

Tube and a 5 min bus is the way to go.

11 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Didn't stop them playing all games this year on a Sunday. The service is a minor one from Paddington, so I doubt it is relevant to attendance. 

Never a problem playing Sunday, but a return to Saturdays would be an option many would like to see.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Remember that game dates are often influenced by away teams last game / next game. 

Sundays are blocked if either team is playing the next Thursday 

Hopefully many more Sunday games and fewer Friday clashes with Friday Sky games!

It probably seems a bit odd but as a former Broncos season ticket holder id really like them to announce a long term stadium deal before i commit again. Ill probably go to a few games next year, but i find it hard to emotionally commit to the club again when i have no idea where they'll be in a few years time. 

12 hours ago, Leonard said:

Yes, the 5 minute bus-ride from Ealing Broadway seems to bring RL fans out in an allergic rash, but in real life there are lots of buses and Ealing Broadway is served by all of trains and tubes anyone could need. Traiilfinders isn't a hard ground to get to.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived