Sign in to follow this  
Johnoco

Suicide/Mental Issues

On 27/06/2020 at 13:04, Mumby Magic said:

Somebody reach out to me.

Seperations for me in the past have been very painful. They can make it hard to see any positives in life and hard to see a future. Also makes it hard to make good decisions 

I'm not pill pushing in any way but I found speaking to the doctor then a few months on meds helped. Meant I could see clearly 

There is Always light at the end of the tunnel mate and how you are feeling now will not last forever 

• Like 1

On 18/05/2020 at 17:22, Damien said:

This is a good watch regarding Luke Chadwick who played for Man Utd regarding the abuse he received from both fans and media regarding his appearance and the effect it had on him. Also Jason Lee is on regarding the treatment he received. Its good the way Nick Hancock is on to give his view as the host of the show They Think Its All Over which fuelled the abuse at the time. Its all too easy to forget the effect abuse can have on professional sports people, especially abuse they can do little about:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08dh3jc

Abusing players on the way they look need parking I guess 

3 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Seperations for me in the past have been very painful. They can make it hard to see any positives in life and hard to see a future. Also makes it hard to make good decisions 

I'm not pill pushing in any way but I found speaking to the doctor then a few months on meds helped. Meant I could see clearly 

There is Always light at the end of the tunnel mate and how you are feeling now will not last forever 

Thanks everyone. Just felt lost for a few days. Ill probably elaborate more tomorrow but I would never do anything severe as I love my boys and love life. Ive realised what was everything I wanted in a marriage on reflection wasnt. 

• Like 4

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

@Mumby Magic I'm going through my own separation at the moment also.  It's been a very difficult time as the ex is extremely adept at guilt tripping me.  There are 24 hour text lines I've found useful over here, texting allows me to structure my thoughts a bit rather than getting tripped up over my words or getting embarrassed speaking. 

I'm fortunate in that I have a couple of very close friends who offer support, but also a good counselor and a psychologist who help to keep me grounded in who I am and not let the irrational thoughts take me off in the wrong direction.

By all means private message me if you need support and I'll do my best to help.

Best wishes mate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since lockdown our food/cooking has gone up a notch ( it was already really good ) and a lot of this has been to do with looking at what's in the larder & fridge and moving on from there.

Of course this is also why we're suffering from covid weight as well as covid hair.

Ultimately our lack of trust in the government may be overcome by the confidence we have in the people who cut our hair etc but our tendency is to trust no one and so far the evidence is backing us up.

And covid food seems to be the only real success.

Edited by Oxford

Thanks for all that have messaged etc. I am in a much better place. Walked outof my job as that qas also a contributing factor. People judged me. Saying I was being rash and not if sane mind. I was and it was the best decision.I made. Luckily managed to get a delivery job where I work on my own with the radio playing. In addition Im back on the dating scene after 22 years.😰😰 

Had my first ever date for that time. She had nearly 3 bottles of Pinot Grigio, Couldnt walk straight after the third pub and I had to spend 36 quid to make sure she got home safe. 😂😂😂😂😂 Surely theyre not all like this!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

1 minute ago, Mumby Magic said:

Had my first ever date for that time. She had nearly 3 bottles of Pinot Grigio, Couldnt walk straight after the third pub and I had to spend 36 quid to make sure she got home safe. 😂😂😂😂😂 Surely theyre not all like this!

What are you talking about she sounds like a keeper 😁

• Haha 1

On 29/06/2020 at 01:18, CanaBull said:

@Mumby Magic I'm going through my own separation at the moment also.  It's been a very difficult time as the ex is extremely adept at guilt tripping me.  There are 24 hour text lines I've found useful over here, texting allows me to structure my thoughts a bit rather than getting tripped up over my words or getting embarrassed speaking. 

I'm fortunate in that I have a couple of very close friends who offer support, but also a good counselor and a psychologist who help to keep me grounded in who I am and not let the irrational thoughts take me off in the wrong direction.

By all means private message me if you need support and I'll do my best to help.

Best wishes mate.

Writing stuff down is a great way of making thinks more copable.

• Like 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Thanks for all that have messaged etc. I am in a much better place. Walked outof my job as that qas also a contributing factor. People judged me. Saying I was being rash and not if sane mind. I was and it was the best decision.I made. Luckily managed to get a delivery job where I work on my own with the radio playing. In addition Im back on the dating scene after 22 years.😰😰 

I’m not sure I’m happy with you dating my wife. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Must be me. My confidence is slowly building. Went on a date with another lass yesterday. She got nissed too. 😣😣😣😂😂

I think I've been drunk on most dates in my life! 

I did lots of Internet dating before I met my wife. Had a lot of fun but avoided 'dinner dates' after a while as it got expensive! 

I actually had some nice cafe dates with coffee drinking! I usually had a couple of drinks to loosen myself up before going though! 

• Haha 1