New NCL Teams

Two of those teams don't meet the criterea because of a lack of youth teams although I understand that at least one of the management team would like to make an exemption for one of them. That was a month ago though. I have not sought any more information since then. There is one team there that I didn't know about. All will be revealed soon enough. Can't wait for the fixtures to come out for the NCL. Must try to get to Drighlington this season - only NCL ground I have never visited. Batley Boys, Hensingham and Queensbury would all be new grounds for me but I have been to the other 5.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Celtic Rooster said:

Batley Boys, Hensingham and Queensbury would all be new grounds for me but I have been to the other 5.

Are Queensbury going to return to their council-owned pitch in the village? When I saw them last season, at their 'temporary' home, Ovenden Park (Halifax RUFC), they indicated it was a long way from being ready.

12 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Are Queensbury going to return to their council-owned pitch in the village? When I saw them last season, at their 'temporary' home, Ovenden Park (Halifax RUFC), they indicated it was a long way from being ready.

As far as I| got told the new clubhouse is done and looks fantastic not up to speed on the pitch

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:15 AM, cookey said:

Just out of interest,what arethe facilities like at these clubs.Generally speaking,most amateur clubs need to do what they can to improve facilities.Not sure what might be available in terms of grants,loans,Sports England,lottery RFL etc.To retain players,sponsors,spectators clubs need to offer what they can in terms of clubhouse,pitches,floodlights,parking etc.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, Hopping Mad said:

Only been to Distington. They've got a decent clubhouse close to the pitch and changing rooms right next to it. On the downside, there's very little hardstanding, a small amount of cover and no floodlights. Which makes it better than some NCL set-ups! The (very wet) day I went, for a Challenge Cup tie last season, the pitch didn't look great.

Hensingham have their own club house with the pitch behind it and parking in front. The changerooms used to be a separate building at the corner of the pitch, I did hear they were building new changerooms but I haven't been up there for a while so can't confirm if its happened

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Any teams more favourable than others? Who's likely to be pulled out, how many places are up for grabs, do they all fulfil the criteria? 

Division 3 could be very different from last season, with a bit of a shuffle of teams  in leagues above too if any pull out from the higher divisions.

16 minutes ago, usain bolt said:

Any teams more favourable than others? Who's likely to be pulled out, how many places are up for grabs, do they all fulfil the criteria? 

Division 3 could be very different from last season, with a bit of a shuffle of teams  in leagues above too if any pull out from the higher divisions.

Maybe add another divisions and make the bottom two regional, that could keep the clubs struggling financially in the NCL whilst growing the competition.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

57 minutes ago, Cumbria1 said:

But isn’t that defeating the point of joining the NCL is to play the best of the best from Yorkshire & Lancashire 

OK cut the NCL to two division of the teams regardless of playing standard but can field two open-aged teams consisting of 17 players every week, juniors from U8's to U18's have a nice fenced off playing field, clubhouse next to the ground and a couple of barmaids who can pull a pint with a nice Northern head. - best make that one division!!!

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:28 PM, groundhopper said:

Don’t forget Nottingham moved 12 months ago so may not be on the ground you have been to

just need Hensingham myself and possibly Gloucester who move frequently 

Long time since I watched Nottingham. It was against Featherstone Lions and I seem to remember it was a cricket pitch with the bar upstairs. Walked it from the railway station and remember going past Notts County FC.

19 hours ago, Marauder said:

Maybe add another divisions and make the bottom two regional, that could keep the clubs struggling financially in the NCL whilst growing the competition.

I'm sure some of the division 3 clubs wouldn't be happy with being regionalised as you suggest!    Are you assuming that clubs in the third division are also struggling financially?

1 hour ago, BARRETT said:

I'm sure some of the division 3 clubs wouldn't be happy with being regionalised as you suggest!    Are you assuming that clubs in the third division are also struggling financially?

Might have to call it the not so National Conference Div 3

4 hours ago, BARRETT said:

Did I mention any club, No but it's being mentioned that a lot of clubs are finding the cost of running a club in the NCL crippling and to be honest none of us want to see disruption at any time in a season, so it would be better to address the problem sooner rather than later (Finance is part of the criteria)

On 11/9/2018 at 5:35 PM, usain bolt said:

Who's likely to be pulled out? 

Got to be a question mark over Salford City Eccles, surely? More than once last season, they struggled to field the bare 13. Saw them at Beverley early on: 13 players, two of whom must have been getting on for 50 - and a young lad playing on the wing who couldn't catch the ball (even in the pre-match warm-up!).

1 hour ago, Hopping Mad said:

Got to be a question mark over Salford City Eccles, surely? More than once last season, they struggled to field the bare 13. Saw them at Beverley early on: 13 players, two of whom must have been getting on for 50 - and a young lad playing on the wing who couldn't catch the ball (even in the pre-match warm-up!).

Sure Celtic rooster will know more about their predicament. Hopefully all clubs are good to go next season, even the most established have struggles on some weeks to get a competitive 17.

7 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Don't worry about Salford City Roosters. I expect them to be back in the NCL again providing they get re-elected. They have just appointed a new coach and are looking to attract new players. They held their end of season awards last night and the atmosphere at the club is still good. Some good things happening off the pitch too. Not going to be a complete turn around straight away in my opinion but they should be more competitive this time around. One of those players who was "approaching 50" at Beverley by the way was 54! He played 11 games for the club last season and has played every season since they first became Eccles in 1980. He picked up an award last night. The two teams, I believe, were thinking of pulling out played higher than division 3 last season. One of them actually offered to resign before the end of the season but changed their mind when they saw the size of the fine that comes with that.

Sorry Celtic,on this occasion your wrong it was nothing to do with the fine. It was a last minute turn around by all involved at the club with a wish to complete all fixtures and they did ! Then rebuild as they are doing now. Think your contact at the NCL is believing the management propoganda. 

3 hours ago, Celtic Rooster said:

Don't worry about Salford City Roosters. I expect them to be back in the NCL again providing they get re-elected. They have just appointed a new coach and are looking to attract new players. They held their end of season awards last night and the atmosphere at the club is still good. Some good things happening off the pitch too. Not going to be a complete turn around straight away in my opinion but they should be more competitive this time around. One of those players who was "approaching 50" at Beverley by the way was 54! He played 11 games for the club last season and has played every season since they first became Eccles in 1980. He picked up an award last night. The two teams, I believe, were thinking of pulling out played higher than division 3 last season. One of them actually offered to resign before the end of the season but changed their mind when they saw the size of the fine that comes with that.

Good to hear SCR are getting back on track. They've been in the NCL so long, the comp would seem strange without them.

2 hours ago, chisholm said:

Sorry Celtic,on this occasion your wrong it was nothing to do with the fine. It was a last minute turn around by all involved at the club with a wish to complete all fixtures and they did ! Then rebuild as they are doing now. Think your contact at the NCL is believing the management propoganda.  

Sorry about that mate. I don't normally make statements like that unless I'm certain and I did get that information from two reputable sources, and one of them was while I was watching a game at that same club. I apologise if I misled anybody. I'm glad I didn't mention the name of the team. I remember when I went to that game, expecting to see a struggling team but I saw a team that were capable of beating any team in that division on the day. Best of luck for the coming season. No doubt I will see you somewhere along the way.

Archived