New NCL Teams

19 minutes ago, usain bolt said:

Is it disappointing that no Lancashire clubs applied, surely there are some clubs that have the credentials to be a part of the ncl leagues from the north west. 

Do any clubs from Lancashire have any aspirations? Looking at the leagues, orrell st James have done well recently, and the facilities at Latchford are spot on. Haydock also have a decent team also, and west bank Widnes have been in the ncl before.

I know it's the overall standard, and ticking all boxes that's required. Also finance plays a major part in being a part of the ncl.

Haydock got to the 4th round of the Challenge Cup only a couple of years ago, it is surprising to see a lack of applicants from Lancashire especially teams like Blackbrook that have recently left the NCL.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, LightningWB said:

Haydock got to the 4th round of the Challenge Cup only a couple of years ago, it is surprising to see a lack of applicants from Lancashire especially teams like Blackbrook that have recently left the NCL.

I know, that's why I'm wondering why these type of teams and others maybe have no ambition to step up into the ncl. 

50 minutes ago, usain bolt said:

I know, that's why I'm wondering why these type of teams and others maybe have no ambition to step up into the ncl. 

I get the impression that the NW Mens League is much better organised than the other regional leagues, and that probably plays a big part.

In the Yorkshire Mens League, even in the top divisions you get quite a few postponements and teams that won't travel to the better sides. I think that leaves the top clubs frustrated, so they're more inclined to apply.

3 hours ago, beefy1 said:

I get the impression that the NW Mens League is much better organised than the other regional leagues, and that probably plays a big part.

In the Yorkshire Mens League, even in the top divisions you get quite a few postponements and teams that won't travel to the better sides. I think that leaves the top clubs frustrated, so they're more inclined to apply.

Maybe your right, having a stable nw men's league probably helps. Also the other criteria required may be a stumbling block for the north west teams. 

I just wonder though whether any do have the aspirations for future involvement in the ncl.

On 11/26/2018 at 10:15 PM, Havenwarrior said:

Hensingam, Batley Boys and  Heworth voted in.

HW

Onĺy time will tell how strong the 3 sides new teams are. Batley are well coached and their stand off is a game changer. Imo the top 3 YML prem sides would all account for themselves well against most sides in (East Hull & Bentley the other 2) NCl 3 as it contains several teams with at best average playing ability.

Good luck to Heworth back in the NCL but I do feel they flatter themselves somewhat I saw them twice last season - imo YML Div 1 was weak overall last year - but as previous posts state being in the NCL may bring in more talented players.

7 minutes ago, kev p said:

When is it decided what new ncl teams will be for next season? Is it 4 divisions of 12 again?

The three clubs recommended by the Management were voted on last week at an NCL Club meeting.  All three were approved by the majority of the clubs present - and all three of the new clubs will play in Division 3.  So the Premier, 1st and 2nd divisions will have 12 teams, and division 3 will have 14.

Archived