Championship odds

Batley Bob

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/7/2018 at 3:44 PM, wayne_r said:

I have never liked the DR system for all the reasons stated previously, last Season Swinton never had a settled half back pairing due in part to DR, what I would say is that all the players from Wigan who came to Swinton on DR played with passion and were genuinely keen to play for Swinton.

It was a good relationship with Wigan.

When we DR'd with Warrington, well that was a different story …………..the team was picked by Warrington as far as I am concerned with Swinton being used very much as reserve team.

I think York will do well and as Swinton did when they were promoted, York will surprise a few of the established sides in the division.

I cannot see Leigh doing anything other than survive, I think Bradford should be shorter odds as well.

As for Swinton well just hope they make it to mid table - but again we will have a young squad...……...

I would be elated if we were mid table next year.I think we at Swinton with some of the signings made along with some of the off field progress can at the most get a mid table position or mid lower. I see the situation at Leigh is very unclear at the moment and I understand that they cannot do a thing at the moment.I bet Leigh fans are looking Eastwards towards us with envy right now.

On 11/5/2018 at 6:59 PM, distantdog said:

Leigh seem to be particularly well fancied, particularly as they don't appear to have anywhere approaching a team at present.

Maybe the bookies are assuming Leigh will recklessly risk everything on doing well in the first four months of the season and spend their entire playing budget doing so. Again.

Risky strategy, but the RFL don't seem to be bothered with punishing them for trying boom or bust for some reason.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

2 hours ago, PKK said:

Maybe the bookies are assuming Leigh will recklessly risk everything on doing well in the first four months of the season and spend their entire playing budget doing so. Again.

Risky strategy, but the RFL don't seem to be bothered with punishing them for trying boom or bust for some reason.

They're apparently in 'special measures' so can't sign anyone until their disputes (with players) are sorted. The RFL can only 'punish' them if they end up actually going into administration.

18 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

They're apparently in 'special measures' so can't sign anyone until their disputes (with players) are sorted. The RFL can only 'punish' them if they end up actually going into administration.

Makes a complete mockery of the salary cap then. In which case, what's the point having it?

What's to stop Kevin signing a team at great expense stating he's going to foot the bill? Obviously not wanting to ruin the club or himself stops that, but what officially stops it? Surely, if you have a Beaumont involved, they've got to be personally liable for the players contracts that go over their salary cap, not the Leigh club themselves. 

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

45 minutes ago, PKK said:

Makes a complete mockery of the salary cap then. In which case, what's the point having it?

What's to stop Kevin signing a team at great expense stating he's going to foot the bill? Obviously not wanting to ruin the club or himself stops that, but what officially stops it? Surely, if you have a Beaumont involved, they've got to be personally liable for the players contracts that go over their salary cap, not the Leigh club themselves. 

It's a limited company, just like the majority of RL clubs. This protects all shareholders from any liability greater than their shareholding.

HTH

As for salary caps, every club has a different one which has to be negotiated with the RFL. I am sure that KN could explain the intricacies of this to you, if you had a long time to spare.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 minutes ago, ernieone said:

They have permission to play at Halifax Road if they do get in so will continue playing there.  

Plus using batley fringe players wouldn't be fair on the players who have been playing in the last three seasons to get there... It's a sense of dual reg ?

On 11/12/2018 at 3:36 PM, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

One dispute now sorted with Larroyer coming to Fax which only leaves one more then they can get sorted. I just can't see what sort of competitive squad they can put on the field assuming most players are now tied up although I would assume that Ridyard may be their "marquee" signing to give their fans hope.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

One dispute now sorted with Larroyer coming to Fax which only leaves one more then they can get sorted. I just can't see what sort of competitive squad they can put on the field assuming most players are now tied up although I would assume that Ridyard may be their "marquee" signing to give their fans hope.

Mystic bob can see fax  12months into future 

42DBBB1B-3803-4CBC-BB61-A2413F2F086A.jpeg

IMG_0583.JPG

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

You'll have to hope he doesn't have the same Jonah effect he's had on his last few clubs.......

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

And odds today , see leigh jump up the list

28EEFAE8-152A-4523-B26D-F32965E8CF5C.jpeg

Bob if they have used  a similar expert to UNIBET they wont know much as i got a phone call yesterday from my horse trainer who had the UNIBET expert with him in the pub and wanted to know who i reckon will 3 the 3 leagues with who would have an outside chance as well, and he didn't even realise there were 3 leagues and thought it was just all 1 league so had to educate him

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

To be fair these are simply the odds on winning the Championship final which I reckon only three teams have a realistic chance of achieving. It isn't a prediction of the final table.

Maybe time to revive the previous thread now that the pre-season is out of the way and the DR's are being sorted out.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, greavesy said:

Me too Coolie and watching Toronto game Today your lot look better than their odds. And considerably better than us.

We're doing well.. And to keep going for 40 more minutes is a massive ask, the results at the dogs is concerning.. Can't see where the next win will come.. Swinton and Rochdale might surprise you

1 hour ago, coolie said:

We're doing well.. And to keep going for 40 more minutes is a massive ask, the results at the dogs is concerning.. Can't see where the next win will come.. Swinton and Rochdale might surprise you

Rochdale did surprise us but still lost! The rest I agree with, difficult to see where we will get anything at the moment. By the way, I suspect you were being televised while you were posting this! My dog ran and hid when you appeared on my tv!!

2 hours ago, distantdog said:

Rochdale did surprise us but still lost! The rest I agree with, difficult to see where we will get anything at the moment. By the way, I suspect you were being televised while you were posting this! My dog ran and hid when you appeared on my tv!!

Yeah got some TV coverage.. It's my job to supply the latest score... And that's what I was looking at... Heartache today : (

11 minutes ago, coolie said:

Yeah got some TV coverage.. It's my job to supply the latest score... And that's what I was looking at... Heartache today : (

Shame. You looked in complete control until the last ten. Sykes and Knowles led magnificently!

• 4 months later...
On 06/11/2018 at 13:14, Simon Hall said:

Which we will.

Looks like I was right then eh?

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On 06/11/2018 at 20:33, Piggy's mate said:

The only benchmark York have is champion vs championship one I.e. Swinton vs Workington... a very poor championship club easily overcame Worky. I see only defeat for York and a battle to avoid relegation with Dewsbury Swinton and Rochdale!

York aren't that good. See how they go after a few seasons in the championship, when they don't have the money to stop Fev picking off their better players.. one decent season doesn't guarantee the next..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived