11 Nov: England v New Zealand KO 3.15pm (BBC Two)

Who will win?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12
    • England by 1 to 6
    • Draw
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/18 at 15:00

42 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Really looking forward to being there for this one. Just walking through Leeds now and seen the Kiwi team and they are huge. Full credit to our guys for even stepping on a pitch with them!

It’s only when you’re seeing this live that get the full reality of what these guys are like and how hard the contact is . Just not human , no way !!

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Absolutely even Shaun Johnson looked massive.

Yeh it’s funny when they talk about the little guys , and they get chucked around all over the place .... it really is all relative 

I would expect this to be same as the other games . Two good evenly matched teams in a tough tight contest decided on small margins . And that would cap a thoroughly engrossing series . You just can’t beat these three test series which have time to develop over the weeks

I've gone for England by 1 to 6 pts, but I don't really have a clue how it fill finish.

I'm just hoping that England will continue to build on the good performances and success that we've had so far.

It would be great to win the series 3-0, and take that winning momentum into 2019.

Hopefully see some more great tries, too. It's looking like being a decent crowd as well, so all the ingredients are coming together nicely.

Come on England!

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

You just can’t beat these three test series which have time to develop over the weeks

I agree. Either a three match series, or as part of a Four Nations. Just so much better than a one-off match. It gives you time to get to know the players (from both sides), and it's great to have matches to look forward to for several a weeks in a row. I don't know how the calendar is fixed for mid-season, but if they could just squeeze in one extra international game at that time, it would make things better. When it's just one game - as it was in Denver - it's been and gone too soon. Even football tends to schedule a couple of international matches, a few days apart. It really helps build more affinity with the team.

Whilst it should have no bearing on the outcome does anyone know who the referee will be?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Very poor preview on NRL.com

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/07/england-v-new-zealand-third-test-preview/

Here is  the part where they say 'For the Kiwis to win'

…………….

For the Kiwis to win: Their final 20 minutes will be key for the third week in a row. One minute they look brilliant, the next they're struggling to hold their composure. Physically the Kiwis have been all over England, and should have scored more points last week, but their polish at the end is letting them down. If they can fix that up, they should finish the tour with success.

……………..

The end of last weeks game was not about composure it was about England finishing the game physically on top.  The Kiwi pack may have started fast and aggressive but by the last 20 minutes they were shot and England were all over them.  If that game lasted another 20 minutes the only outcome would have been more points for England.

It's the same this week.  If England put in the same 80 minutes of intensity and reduce the Kiwis to two scores they will win.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

32 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

…………….

For the Kiwis to win: Their final 20 minutes will be key for the third week in a row. One minute they look brilliant, the next they're struggling to hold their composure. Physically the Kiwis have been all over England, and should have scored more points last week, but their polish at the end is letting them down. If they can fix that up, they should finish the tour with success.

……………..

The end of last weeks game was not about composure it was about England finishing the game physically on top.  The Kiwi pack may have started fast and aggressive but by the last 20 minutes they were shot and England were all over them.  If that game lasted another 20 minutes the only outcome would have been more points for England.

It's the same this week.  If England put in the same 80 minutes of intensity and reduce the Kiwis to two scores they will win.

That’s pretty fair assessment really . They did have the opportunities and didn’t make the most of them coupled with sturdy defence , and they did weaken and we finished all over them 

16 minutes ago, thehullram said:

Greenwood and Myler in for Tomkins (broken hand) and Burgess (suspended). I’d like to see Ratchford come in at full back and Lomax to move up to half back. 

Haven't heard anything about Tomkins being injured. Didn't seem to be playing injured and did the full 80 on Sunday. Where've you seen/heard that?

1 hour ago, andyscoot said:

Haven't heard anything about Tomkins being injured. Didn't seem to be playing injured and did the full 80 on Sunday. Where've you seen/heard that?

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/53958/bennett-rules-tomkins-oloughlin-and-clark-out-of-third-test?fbclid=IwAR3dydbVUmQgthMFp1wto9t7a4IG7XlLWPe6OPjUKW_sswjHPzqd4EXkiPI

Broke it in the first half apparently but played on

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

1 hour ago, thehullram said:

Greenwood and Myler in for Tomkins (broken hand) and Burgess (suspended). I’d like to see Ratchford come in at full back and Lomax to move up to half back. 

Lomax should be nowhere near the England halfback role.

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

…………….

……………..

I don’t think that’s such a poor preview to be honest. Our execution was scratchy at times, and the stats don’t lie with regards to the substantially larger metres made by the Kiwis. So for all the emotion of us having wrapped up a series, we are still struggling a bit in some areas of the forward battle and aren’t quite as sharp as we could be. 

This is a good England team and they have been performing well. The challenge is to be even better and address these issues in the next couple of years if we are to realistically challenge for the World Cup. 

With our absentees on Sunday - two players who have done a lot for the cause in the last two weeks - the game couod get away from England. Then again Myler and Greenwood could step up like plenty of the teammates and surprise us. 

10 minutes ago, Mushy said:

I don’t think that’s such a poor preview to be honest. Our execution was scratchy at times, and the stats don’t lie with regards to the substantially larger metres made by the Kiwis. So for all the emotion of us having wrapped up a series, we are still struggling a bit in some areas of the forward battle and aren’t quite as sharp as we could be. 

This is a good England team and they have been performing well. The challenge is to be even better and address these issues in the next couple of years if we are to realistically challenge for the World Cup. 

With our absentees on Sunday - two players who have done a lot for the cause in the last two weeks - the game couod get away from England. Then again Myler and Greenwood could step up like plenty of the teammates and surprise us. 

Ok fair enough, maybe I over reacted a little.  I just thought the English forwards were outstanding last week and finished the game well on top so to read that the Kiwis have 'physically been all over England' annoyed me a bit.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived