Welsh winger?

Andy Knight

On 06/11/2018 at 20:25, Peter G. said:

After the war, when a number of Welshmen travelled north looking for work, one of them was a hooker called Con Jenkins who played for the Wasps.. In later years Con worked behind the bar in the Punch Bowl with his wife Rene Mills. Boyny and others who played for the Punch will remember Con from the days when the Punch was a massive rugby league pub.

Con was my uncle, real name Llewellyn Cynlais Jenkins who was from Ystradgynlais. Whilst playing rugby he worked in the Rowntree Chocolate factory and was always our favourite uncle on his trips back to Wales with chocolate for everyone! My husband and I stayed with him and Aunty Rene at the end of our honeymoon in September 1971 when he took us both to the rugby ground and the Punch Bowl. Happy days!

• 3 weeks later...

On 17/05/2020 at 23:51, Sue Edwards said:

Con was my uncle, real name Llewellyn Cynlais Jenkins who was from Ystradgynlais. Whilst playing rugby he worked in the Rowntree Chocolate factory and was always our favourite uncle on his trips back to Wales with chocolate for everyone! My husband and I stayed with him and Aunty Rene at the end of our honeymoon in September 1971 when he took us both to the rugby ground and the Punch Bowl. Happy days!

Thanks for writing this. Con and Rene were brilliant people and im glad to have known them. I remember some of Cons Welsh mates came to the Punch once in the 80s and we had a great crack with them.

Archived