Newton

Hate the rec

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, townie88 said:

Correct. But you can't not sign someone fearing they perform that well, that they might attract attention from other clubs?

If he's available, willing to come and funds allow. It's a no brainer 

Not for me, I believe he was hard work. Appeared in the big games but was anonymous in a good few.

Well the fact Newts is tweeting about the new kit deal for haven suggests he’s on his way and the rumours have been correct. Good luck to the lad gave his all in the 12 months he was here.

Can’t blame the lad, he wanted to stay at town, wasn’t offered a decent deal and was told game time would be limited.... absolute no brainer for him to leave, Pryce must have someone lined up? Seen a few suggesting on a different post we’ve got a lad from Hunslet?

10 minutes ago, MIG45 said:

Can’t blame the lad, he wanted to stay at town, wasn’t offered a decent deal and was told game time would be limited.... absolute no brainer for him to leave, Pryce must have someone lined up? Seen a few suggesting on a different post we’ve got a lad from Hunslet?

Can’t blame him at all. As I’ve said before just find it really strange as Leon seemed to be a big fan of his. I suppose we just have to trust in those making the decisions.

35 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Can’t blame him at all. As I’ve said before just find it really strange as Leon seemed to be a big fan of his. I suppose we just have to trust in those making the decisions.

Must agree , he fitted in well , was doing great and everyone really took to him and supported him . Shame really 

1 hour ago, Brookie said:

Bit of an own goal by the board. Should have over ruled Leon

Totally disagree with this, the board should 100% back the coaches decisions, if they don't then they show they don't have faith in that ciach and may as well get rid. I'm disappointed if Newton goes, if only for his kicking game which brings us something extra when he's on the pitch. 

2 hours ago, IanMac said:

Well the fact Newts is tweeting about the new kit deal for haven suggests he’s on his way and the rumours have been correct. Good luck to the lad gave his all in the 12 months he was here.

He may well be moving but he didn’t tweet about the kit deal, he retweeted a havenrl tweet, which he often does. Like most others I would deffo have kept him for next season.

I know it sounds bitter, fickle and all that but in all honesty I've never been a fan of Newts as you can tell from my previous posts. He always gave 100% and you can never ask for more so I always backed him when he had the blue and white on, but I always thought we lacked direction when he was on the pitch.  Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a bad player and he had some good games for us but I honestly don't see the perfect foil to Penky that some of you can. I can see why he wasn't offered a deal and if thats Leons choice i agree 100% with him. I won't say anymore as I appreciated he gave his all and don't want to have a go at the lad. Good luck to him back at Haven.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

On 11/21/2018 at 7:57 PM, GeordieTownie said:

It depends on the replacement for me, if he’s better then it’s the correct decision, if he isn’t and he isn’t local it’s a shocker. 

Why’s he got to be local? If he’s better, we will be a better team if he’s from flimby or Sydney it makes little difference 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Where’s the crack about penky come from? Has anyone even taken over leigh yet? I’m pretty sure there skint so I can’t see them buying Sean’s deal out. Plus I believe we’ve signed another leigh based player to travel with him, Ryan and big Fui 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived