Newton

Hate the rec

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

Yep. Payouts cos they run the business correctly. When you lose a sponsor unexpectedly you cut cloth accordingly. Or beg. Or hope for a lottery win..

Or get three wealthy business men to bail you out at the last minute...was that not begging? Just asking for a friend.

That's called having friendly business people who love the club and want to put something back. Your club fleeced fans, played on the 'rugby league family' angle then dropped the fans immediately you were bailed out. Be interesting to see how the pre bought season tickets affect your income this season

MODERATOR:GentlemanJim,Firstly, welcome to the Town Forum.I think we have been through that subject before on this Forum about Haven's past financial situations.I can also see where you are coming from in their dealings with their fans,but it is something the fans of Haven have to deal with, and, not other clubs who have good sponsors to assist them.I know most clubs are at this moment suffering to keep there heads above the water, and Keithley is a good example of how hard it is to attract sponsors or people with the financial means to run a club,In Haven's  state of affairs it was deemed they would ask the public to help them through the season,and they responded to the clubs plea.I think we can put this to sleep and continue with the goings on with Workington Towns recruitments, and not go into Haven's finances has i think they have to sort their own financies out without any help from Town fans.Thankyou.

26 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

That's called having friendly business people who love the club and want to put something back. Your club fleeced fans, played on the 'rugby league family' angle then dropped the fans immediately you were bailed out. Be interesting to see how the pre bought season tickets affect your income this season

Good to have another Town fan with a keen interest in Whitehaven’s finances. Welcome! You’ll meet a lot of other like minded folk on here. 

MODERATOR:Marrafan,Lets just try to get along with eachother and it isn't hard to.We all have our different opinions whether it's an Haven or Town fan, and we won't get on with everybody that posts on the Forum, but has i have said before, Haven's finances are Havens responsibilities they are not Workingtons,So,Iets not bring other people into an argument that was last season's old news,we are now coming into a new season with both clubs hoping to be better than the last one, so lets concentrate on that rather than trolling through old material again.Thankyou..

At the end of the day no champ 1 clubs are flush with cash and all rely on handouts in one form or another is asking the fans for help any worse or better than asking 1 man, personally as a fan i would always try to help my club out  no questions , i believe most true fans would. All boards have made mistakes or overspent when they shouldnt have, to try to better the club, Town did it to try and stay in Super League and then spent years trying to get out of it, Barrow and Haven tried to do it to gain promotion and stave of relegation sometimes it works and when it doesnt, its quite well documented hence Haven 2010. And if rumours are to be believed all 3 Cumbrian clubs in the last 10 years have been hours away from existing on numerous occasions  Haven and Town at least twice and Barrow a few more than that.

Archived