Magic weekend confirmed in Liverpool

Loved Newcastle, hated anfield when I went for the four nations final. I'll be fair and say that atmosphere will be a lot better with magic, there will be the festival atmosphere there is around magic with the stalls and events going on around the ground. Will say as well, that it looks good with 40,000 in cos the top tier of the new stand can just be shut off and everyone will be packed in solid as opposed to some magic venues we've been to where people are a bit more spread out. 

I feel its not the right choice. Leeds would have been better tbh as much easier for the South to get to. Or what about Cardiff again? 

I get Newcastle the RU boys offered more money so that's gone. Surely though Cardiff or Leeds is better than Liverpool which is Bascially 1 hour or much less from alot of RL teams. 

I must admit to being a bit of an outlier here, but I didn't enjoy Newcastle last year at all (and not just because Wigan hammered us!).

I think this event doesn't lend itself to being too packed. If I think about the most enjoyable ones I have been to, it has been in the bigger grounds, where you have been able to move around the ground (Cardiff, Man City and Murrayfield) sitting with different fans for different games. Newcastle on the Saturday was too packed, meaning that the ground became unpleasant with litter, food and drink everywhere, and it was really quite difficult finding seats, particularly as a group.

I can put up with being uncomfortable for a couple of hours, but if we want people to be there for 4 hours or so, we should be going for grounds that offer comfort. 

I always make the point on Magic threads, this should be like a festival, and cramped seats and stands don't lend themselves very well to a crowd that flows in and out throughout the day.

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I must admit to being a bit of an outlier here, but I didn't enjoy Newcastle last year at all (and not just because Wigan hammered us!).

I think this event doesn't lend itself to being too packed. If I think about the most enjoyable ones I have been to, it has been in the bigger grounds, where you have been able to move around the ground (Cardiff, Man City and Murrayfield) sitting with different fans for different games. Newcastle on the Saturday was too packed, meaning that the ground became unpleasant with litter, food and drink everywhere, and it was really quite difficult finding seats, particularly as a group.

I can put up with being uncomfortable for a couple of hours, but if we want people to be there for 4 hours or so, we should be going for grounds that offer comfort. 

I always make the point on Magic threads, this should be like a festival, and cramped seats and stands don't lend themselves very well to a crowd that flows in and out throughout the day.

There is also an ability to get out of the way of people who are getting on your nerves, which we had to do last year. 

1 hour ago, snapski said:

Fixtures are horrendous. .can see what they've tried to do, but they've messed up. Badly.

What are the fixtures?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

People are going to get well annoyed when it moves to the Monday/Tuesday a month before the event.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

31 minutes ago, RP London said:

There is also an ability to get out of the way of people who are getting on your nerves, which we had to do last year. 

Yes. As a family it is much more pleasant in an appropriately sized ground.

53 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

What are the fixtures?

Magic Weekend fixtures
Wigan v Warrington
St Helens v Castleford
Wakefield v Catalans
Huddersfield v Hull FC
Leeds v London
Salford v Hull KR

This is the problem with not handpicking them. Not exactly compelling. The lowest we had for this event in Murrayfield used a similar format. The fans voted with their feet.

1 minute ago, Newcastle Thunder said:

its got nothing to do with the RU European stuff being on, the football club, council and Thunder all wanted it but they decided on Liverpool.

a year away will make people see they don't know what they have lost until its gone. 

I'm a big fan of rotation of this. Hopefully Liverpool works, but we could have quite a nice circuit, building up a nice fanbase for other events.

Newcastle, Liverpool, Cardiff, London, Edinburgh, Manchester. 

In my view it's a dreadful decision. I'm going to have a think about going, but I'm also going to have a think about giving it a miss for the first time ever.

Perhaps in time, I will soften up and go - after all, you don't know until you've tried it.

Actually, that's what I will do. When are tickets on sale? 

13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Magic Weekend fixtures
Wigan v Warrington
St Helens v Castleford
Wakefield v Catalans
Huddersfield v Hull FC
Leeds v London
Salford v Hull KR

This is the problem with not handpicking them. Not exactly compelling. The lowest we had for this event in Murrayfield used a similar format. The fans voted with their feet.

Oh goody!!

Leeds never get it easy do they 

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Had to be newcastle for me. I always stay in Whitley bay caravan park and the atmosphere on the park is just brilliant, esp in the cabaret bar on the friday night. I see the weekend being more than just turning up to watch the games, it's making it into a weekend away with friends or family. Something you can't do in Liverpool, sorry but the decision has just lost my party of 8 people straight away.

15 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Magic Weekend fixtures
Wigan v Warrington
St Helens v Castleford
Wakefield v Catalans
Huddersfield v Hull FC
Leeds v London
Salford v Hull KR

What's wrong with them, some superb fixtures there. The only one slightly underwhelming ones are the Huddersfield v hull and Salford v or ones, but until we see their form even they could be decent.

Archived