Sign in to follow this  
Moscow01

Keighley

That's good news, but if the same people are still running the team unless they've won a lottery or married rich over the weekend won't they soon run the team back into the ground?

Coach Lingard and General Manager Gill to return, say they have assurances that everything will be paid up and on time in future, what's the definition of madness? Doing the same thing and expecting a different result, of course the RFL will take them out of special measures, whatever that may be, and wish them on their way. If you're a 'Haven fan I wouldn't be making any plans  for your first game, still can't see it happening.

Seems to have gone a bit quiet over in Cougarland, Lingard says he has 16 players lined up, did any of them train on tuesday? The club's still in special measures so they can't sign any of them yet. Gills in charge of finance's, a condition imposed by the RFL, yet it's still A.H. writing the cheques and they aren't speaking to anyone as usual. Still sounds a bit S.N.A.F.U. really.

5 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Seems to have gone a bit quiet over in Cougarland, Lingard says he has 16 players lined up, did any of them train on tuesday? The club's still in special measures so they can't sign any of them yet. Gills in charge of finance's, a condition imposed by the RFL, yet it's still A.H. writing the cheques and they aren't speaking to anyone as usual. Still sounds a bit S.N.A.F.U. really.

Don’t know if any training was going on but all floodlights were on at cougar park when I went past about 7pm Tuesday 

7 hours ago, Clogiron said:

I count 14 in this video. Only recognised a few though.

Players did train last night.

A group of volunteers including the clubs welfare officer. Were told by the owner to leave the ground. As they had supported the players. Who had not been payed.

A new owner was announced today.

17 minutes ago, guess who said:

Players did train last night.

A group of volunteers including the clubs welfare officer. Were told by the owner to leave the ground. As they had supported the players. Who had not been payed.

A new owner was announced today.

Announced? Or just updated on companies House with no explanation?

Any one out there cognizant of any timescale put on the club,by the RFL,for them to be in special measures?

If the wages have now been paid,for the last season,why are they still in special measures?

Is it not better that Keighley Cougars do not start the season - rather than have their results expunged sometime during the season which would make it unfair on the other competing clubs in League 1?

Why must the sponsors/staff/players/supporters be dragged through the Christmas period with such uncertainty overshadowing them,without any pre-season games organised,and unable to plan for the future?

Apart from a small number of players attending their first training session last Tuesday night,is there any news to look forward to for the Keighley club and all those involved with the club?

PS - Any information on the 1895 Cup gratefully accepted...It seems Coventry have joined those not involved.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Seems to be a Mexican standoff (no not a player unfortunately) going on at the moment. The club has shut down It's social media presence, the owner,,or whoever is listed at Companies House this week, are their usual reticent self, and nothing from the general manager. Meanwhile talk persists that there is a group looking to take over, but they are loathe to come out into the open on account of allegations of 'spying' . If you want to get in touch with them you have to ask around and word will get back to them and they will contact you if they wish! Honestly, it's a struggling, lower level RL club breathing it's last not a takeover of Manchester United or a spy exchange in the frozen arctic. So it's down to two parties, neither who want publicity to run a RL team, that looks like promising for any future that emerges, meanwhile the RFL sits back munching mince pies and looking on. Maybe calling the interested parties in, banging a few heads together and laying down the law as to what is expected of a member club, for example bringing the game into disrepute, failling to honour contracts and probably a few other things might help or is that beyond their remit now. And before anyone says.it isn't in the rules and regulations, the Australian's seem to have plenty of ways to bring club's to heel so it's the fault of the RFL for not putting the right methods of, their favourite word, governance in place all along.

• Like 1

They’re not making the new season, are they? It sounded like a false dawn when the owed money was paid and there seems to have been no signs of progression or change since then. 

It’s desperately sad for Keighley fans. Do they have a supporters club/trust? If they do, I hope they’re on the phone to Supporters Direct about the possibility of starting a Phoenix club. 

Interesting claim from Grogan about Keighley RUFC wanting to groundshare with Keighley next season. At Cougar Park, I assume, because the RU club's facilities amount to little more than a plastic pitch, a small stand and a clubhouse.

5 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Interesting claim from Grogan about Keighley RUFC wanting to groundshare with Keighley next season. At Cougar Park, I assume, because the RU club's facilities amount to little more than a plastic pitch, a small stand and a clubhouse.

The RU clubs ground is comparable if not better than some that are or have been in Div One recently and I wouldn't think they would be the one's moving.  Beggar's can't be choosers and all that.

Sorry, not been following this closely but why would anyone stump up cash to pay wage arrears when they had no intention of taking over and starting the 2019 season? Administration/Liquidation at that point would have been much easier and could buy the assets back free of liabilities.

Re groundshare - for a lot of clubs suspect it makes economic sense to share with a Union club. Half the running and maintenace costs which makes the finances a bit easier.

Good luck Keighley and true fans. Hope you make it through  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hopping Mad said:

I'd assumed the other way. With there being ..ummm... 'issues' with the company that 'own' Keighley and their ground, I'd assumed the RU club had offered the Cougars a place to play.

This is the place - easily viewable from the road as you drive down from Skipton

4309891_c923fc16.jpg

• Like 1

Worrying.If Mr Spencer is facing a bankruptcy hearing and has merely offloaded the club to avoid the matter being considered at the hearing by gifting it to a friend/relative - it could mean he will not surrender it without a large financial transaction.

Some people are declared bankrupt,after putting their business into the hands of family members,and then they just start again with a business in a slightly modified name.It seems the UK encourages it.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

4 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

I'd assumed the other way. With there being ..ummm... 'issues' with the company that 'own' Keighley and their ground, I'd assumed the RU club had offered the Cougars a place to play.

This is the place - easily viewable from the road as you drive down from Skipton

4309891_c923fc16.jpg

Apart from the 4G pitch and new pitchside fencing didn't they get Floodlights when the RFU was throwing money around the North of England a couple of years back? I think there was a compliant Bank involved in some sort of Community funding scheme.I presume your photos prior to that?