Summer bash dates

cathy0987

Does anybody know what is happening, regarding the summer bash at Blackpool next year, May bank holiday weekend, as we have noticed the magic weekend at Liverpool is apparently the same dates, cheer's

why would the summer bash be held at a rival clubs ground? Makes it a home tie for them .... not really on that is it?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

If its not bust why try and fix it as they say!

Can't be a problem with Blackpool hosting it otherwise it wouldn't be on the list.

I guess it doesn't matter where it is held but surely not at a CH clubs home ground.

Blackpool takes a lot of beating as its a great playground for the fans.

It makes a great family weekend away! can't imagine having as good a weekend away at the other places!

with the exception maybe of Newcastle. Trouble there is the fans would get swallowed up in that Stadium

( Assuming they mean St.James's Park as the Falcons ground is in the middle of nowhere) 

28 minutes ago, bwa said:

with the exception maybe of Newcastle. Trouble there is the fans would get swallowed up in that Stadium

( Assuming they mean St.James's Park as the Falcons ground is in the middle of nowhere) 

I'm almost certain they don't mean St James' Park. They wouldn't move the Magic Weekend out only to play the Summer Bash. It's also hosting a somewhat larger RU event the week before. Possibly the reason the Magic Weekend has been shifted. I agree that Kingston Park is well out of town and wouldn't provide the "entertainment" that blackpool does.

As others have said, I think Blackpool is the ideal home for this weekend. Alhough even that is possibly a little big. Official attendances have ranged from 4800 to 11500, you need to take into account that fans aren't all there at the same time. A 10k - 12k ground would be the perfect balance to retain a bit of atmosphere in my opinion. 

As much as I like Odsal, it's not the kind of place I see many people spending a weekend in. It would be nice to show off Yorks new stadium but it's not expected to be ready until Summer. I also don't agree with a team getting the extra home game. The whole point is to take the game on the road.

Blackpool may be seen as a bit Lancashire centric. Could be a push to get it over into Yorkshire. I'd suggest that Doncasters Keepmoat is a good size and not too far out of the centre. Although I think I'd prefer the day / weekend in Blackpool (and that's saying something).

We've seen from the travels that the Magic Weekend has done that people much a ground in the heart of a city. Very few of us are keen enough to sit and watch  7 games of rugby so there needs to be something in the area to keep people entertained as they're in and out

4 hours ago, 750VFR said:

Maybe should've put all Ch team grounds in a hat and drawn a winner. 

If the grounds are not up to it, what are they doing in the comp? 

We would have ended up in Canada ?

A weekend in Doncaster? I'd rather walk around Dalton on a wet night with a nail in my shoe.No disrespect to Donny fans, but really, even they would agree it's not going to draw thousands from the RL community. What are the RFL up to?

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, tec said:

I predict we will be playing  Sheffield 1st game on the Sunday

I'm guessing, looking at the various pairings in the fixtures, we're doomed to play Sheffield in the Summer Bash until such time as Workington, Whitehaven or Doncaster get promoted.

Probably trying to keep the games as evenly matched as they can. Imagine a Toronto/Toulouse against one of the bottom teams. At least it makes every game a little more interesting. Hopefully we see a better performance at Blackpool this season last year was one of our worst. 

Tom Heighton

13 hours ago, Raider94 said:

Probably trying to keep the games as evenly matched as they can. Imagine a Toronto/Toulouse against one of the bottom teams. At least it makes every game a little more interesting. Hopefully we see a better performance at Blackpool this season last year was one of our worst. 

It wouldnt have made a huge difference for us to play Swinton or Rochdale for a change instead of repeating the *exact same fixtures* from last year!

Have us play someone different for a change instead of us being left feeling like we're afterthoughts. 

I agree, we were absolutely awful apart from a five minute spell towards the end of the first half and another towards the end when it was too late to matter!

12 hours ago, Dave W said:

It wouldnt have made a huge difference for us to play Swinton or Rochdale for a change instead of repeating the *exact same fixtures* from last year!

Have us play someone different for a change instead of us being left feeling like we're afterthoughts. 

I agree, we were absolutely awful apart from a five minute spell towards the end of the first half and another towards the end when it was too late to matter!

I don't disagree with you mate, we ended up playing Sheffield about 5 times last year, id prefer to see us play someone else at the bash.

Tom Heighton

Archived