Duffy - I'm so sh*t I joined a sinking ship.

Fev1983

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, binosh said:

Featherstone have my sympathy too, however gross mis-management is rife at this level, Derek destroyed all the progress Leigh made by making wrong decisions and shouting his mouth off. This time round he has cleared (wrongly IMO) the decks and Is assembling a local squad on a smaller budget that can compete for the top 6.

Featherstone announced Duffy re-signing without him ever putting pen to paper and therefore as of the 1st November (RL contracts) was unemployed. Leigh have requested a copy of the signed contract and it cannot be provided, therefore agreed terms with an unemployed man.

Campbell & Beaumont are friends don't forget, they have agreed the transfer of Ridyard aswell. Campbell is happy because he can sign 3 decent quality players for that 1 wage.

2019 is about letting Toronto, Toulouse & Widnes fight it out, all the teams know this and will be preparing for 2020 when everyone has a more realistic shot.

You guys just need to be careful that York become a big contender as I have heard Campbell has bought them outright aswell as the ground.

What a load of rubbish you spout, the new ground does not belong to the Knights or the soccer club.

1 hour ago, binosh said:

Featherstone have my sympathy too, however gross mis-management is rife at this level, Derek destroyed all the progress Leigh made by making wrong decisions and shouting his mouth off. This time round he has cleared (wrongly IMO) the decks and Is assembling a local squad on a smaller budget that can compete for the top 6.

Featherstone announced Duffy re-signing without him ever putting pen to paper and therefore as of the 1st November (RL contracts) was unemployed. Leigh have requested a copy of the signed contract and it cannot be provided, therefore agreed terms with an unemployed man.

Campbell & Beaumont are friends don't forget, they have agreed the transfer of Ridyard aswell. Campbell is happy because he can sign 3 decent quality players for that 1 wage.

2019 is about letting Toronto, Toulouse & Widnes fight it out, all the teams know this and will be preparing for 2020 when everyone has a more realistic shot.

You guys just need to be careful that York become a big contender as I have heard Campbell has bought them outright aswell as the ground.

Ha ha Your tastiest bit of news came at the end of your post. Almost a p.s.????????

10 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

What a load of rubbish you spout, the new ground does not belong to the Knights or the soccer club.

Was going to say, campbell seems to be pretty good buisness man, defo not got 10s of millions laying about spare to buy york and a new ground for them. Fev would have been in sl years back if he was that coined up?

2 hours ago, binosh said:

I didn't think you could own 2 different clubs at the same time. Surely RFL rules prohibit that. As he is still the majority shareholder at Fev I can't for the life of me see how he can "own" York outright as well.  

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

2 hours ago, binosh said:

Ground has cost about £50m to build. Some going if he's bought that off the council.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

18 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

From a purley selfish point of view Im not too disappointed on Ridyard going to Leigh, obviously weakens one of our main rivals for next season while strengthening a team who I dont expect to be challenging the top 4.

Depends if and then who Fev use the money to sign. Ridyard is a clas act, but it’s big money for an injury prone player. 

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Depends if and then who Fev use the money to sign. Ridyard is a clas act, but it’s big money for an injury prone player. 

I guess everyone was just presuming when they were trying to offload him that it was just a cost cutting measure. It would be surprising if it were anything else given the timeline of events but you never know. Realistically now I reckon Fev are about 5 or 6 good players short and in those I would say 2 of them would be half backs to run the show.

I hope we put the Riddy money to good use. To my mind we're short on two proven, quality halfbacks.  

All well and good trumpeting the PNG lads, but they are totally untested in our competition, not here yet (our visa track record is not good) and might not be as good as their YouTube highlights.

As for our former coach: A mate of mine posted on Facebook comparing him to a lady garden, mocked his hobbit like features and wished him a fiery death in Mordor. Difficult to argue.

If we make the top 8 next year, I will be astonished. 

I'll be there lapping up the punishment.

Archived