Duffy - I'm so sh*t I joined a sinking ship.

Fev1983

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:19 PM, roversspud said:

I didn't think you could own 2 different clubs at the same time. Surely RFL rules prohibit that. As he is still the majority shareholder at Fev I can't for the life of me see how he can "own" York outright as well.  

A few seasons ago didn't Hetherington and wife have personal connections with Leeds and Hull KR?.  

1 hour ago, Blue Pike said:

Thought you had left us Ruth,pleased you haven’t.As for Sharpey more chance as to quote Robin Evans past post on another subject which had me in stitches “ More chance of seeing Satan skating on ice “.Stable Coach but MC did say his Team was un enjoyable to watch.For me Stu Dickens.

Thanks, I think ?.....Can’t be as unenjoyable as Fax away and London at home last season, like to see how things would have been if Sharp had the budget Duffy had, but we’ll never know! Exciting times ahead despite everything that’s happening at the moment.....

1 hour ago, saddleworth said:

A few seasons ago didn't Hetherington and wife have personal connections with Leeds and Hull KR?.  

Not together though. Gary was at Leeds and Kath was at Hull F C.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

Reckon we have a case with this legal action, let's face it, we all know Duff ain't the brightest spark. This contract extension's top 4 clause will have been Fevs get out clause should they wish to trigger it, not Duffys. He will have got his wires crossed again and given Duff info to Derek, excuse the pun. 

22 hours ago, roversspud said:

Not together though. Gary was at Leeds and Kath was at Hull F C.

In this world of gambling and double dealing, I would construe it as being a conflict of interest,

7 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Sounds like some fans aren't too fussed about ridyard going.  But how can Leigh afford him because he wont play for nowt. They just don't learn. 

Leigh can afford just what Derek is prepared to fund. As long as that keeps happening Leigh will be competitive 

We can safely say he won't be on 15k at Leigh. If he is then the guy is an idiot and I actually think he is smarter than that as you presume this will be just about his last contract so Leigh would have had to make some big assurances in regards to testimonial money for him to take something like that.

On 11/24/2018 at 4:02 PM, saddleworth said:

they both started out a sheffield and had a hand in the sheffield /huddersfield  gatesead/hull debacles after which he went to leeds her to hull

41 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

We can safely say he won't be on 15k at Leigh. If he is then the guy is an idiot and I actually think he is smarter than that as you presume this will be just about his last contract so Leigh would have had to make some big assurances in regards to testimonial money for him to take something like that.

It would appear he's already had his last full time contract, so he's got to factor in how a deal will fit in with whatever he'll be doing for a living long term. If he's decided he wants to stay local then it's a case of Leigh, Swinton or Rochdale.

Suspect he will be getting a testimonial though

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:50 PM, Private Baldrick said:

But why resort to calling him a shi*house? Just don't see the need for such insults. The coach of the second best part time team in the game is thinking of moving on, didn't see it on News at Ten or discussed at PMQ's. In the grand scheme of things it's hardly a biggie is it? We will get another coach, and I will predict that one will move on too at some point, it's natures way.

cos its a sh1thouse trick what he's done, might not be a biggie to you but as you say, coach of the 2nd best part time team moving to a team that was an inch of going out of business, home team or not, not a very professional thing to do. Ya right, others will come and then move on, a bit more respectfully hopefully.

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

• Just read on Total RL that Gelling is training with the Catalans , although Widnes say he is contracted with them for 2019.
  • It seems contracts are not worth a jot. AKA Duffy the Judas

6 minutes ago, haskey said:
  • Just read on Total RL that Gelling is training with the Catalans , although Widnes say he is contracted with them for 2019.

If Widnes accept a fee, or agree to this, that's fine. He will not be allowed to break a contract. It really is that simple.

If Duffy has a signed contract, we can seek redress. He cannot sign for Leigh if he has a valid contract at fev.  If he hasn't he is perfectly within his right to sign for Leigh.

Contracts a clear Hasky.

On 11/23/2018 at 3:19 PM, roversspud said:

I didn't think you could own 2 different clubs at the same time. Surely RFL rules prohibit that. As he is still the majority shareholder at Fev I can't for the life of me see how he can "own" York outright as well.  

If he does own all or part of YCK, or even if members of his family do, it's all being done somewhat murkily since Companies House shows there to be only one director, one person of influence and one shareholder: John Flatman.

You can own shares in 2 clubs but can only be a person of influence ie be a director, ceo or own more than a certain % of shares or voting rights (not sure if it's 25 or 30%) in one

On 11/21/2018 at 2:42 PM, jamescolin said:

I have  spoken to Longo at length in the past and his business acumen is very good. One of his duties will be in finance and to that end his curriculum is widespread. I think his integrity would make him speak to the coach. Of course finance comes into recruitment as does availability of players against available money.  

Ice-a-creama, ice-a-creama, getta your tootsie fruitie.

?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 11/27/2018 at 4:34 PM, haskey said:

Gelling can't get visas for his family, hence may well go to France.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived