Town agree sponsorship deal with Myers & Bowman.

WTRLFC WEBSITE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Offered 18k? So they would just offer it and say no worries, something says that wouldn't be the case after the fifitagate a few years ago we seemed to have learned from our mistakes.

Moore was said to be going on trial at rochdale but nothing had been signed so let's see what happens between now and our first game, I think fans will be happy with some of the names brandished around, 

In Leon we trust

7 hours ago, oldrake9 said:

Scott Moore. Offered 18k but went to Rochdale. Why wouldn't we keep newts if we can afford that? 

Everything that this bod has done has been financially viable and sustainable for the club. So while I don’t know whether you are correct in your statement regarding the amount of money offered, I find it hard to believe that those amounts of money are being offered. If there are outside backers who are providing funding then fine, we will have to trust the judgement of our coach.

19 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Everything that this bod has done has been financially viable and sustainable for the club. So while I don’t know whether you are correct in your statement regarding the amount of money offered, I find it hard to believe that those amounts of money are being offered. If there are outside backers who are providing funding then fine, we will have to trust the judgement of our coach.

It's only 1500 quid a month wouldn't say it's an outragous wage for a super league hooker

Just now, donald said:

It's only 1500 quid a month wouldn't say it's an outragous wage for a super league hooker

Maybe not Donald but on the back of only 10 home games, £75000 funding and the rest of a squad to put together it’s a fair old chunk of anyone’s budget.

9 hours ago, oldrake9 said:

They'll have to put a considerable amount of money into the club if what I hear about the contracts that we are offering are true, 18k for a has been journey man is rediculous. We need a club that's sustainable not one that's throwing daft money about?

What your hearing is wrong.

1 hour ago, GeordieTownie said:

It’s £500pm contract and £250 per game on a 4 game month so no it’s not outrageous. There’ll be plenty who earned more than that at both town and Haven last year.

I was lead to believe the 18k was contract then game money on top of that

2 hours ago, IanMac said:

I hope you're right and if so great, let's get these players in, only if we can afford them but if we can we're gonna have some squad 

5 minutes ago, donald said:

That's what happens or happened at haven contract money then winning or losing pay

The players have done well to manoeuvre themselves into that position playing both clubs off against one another.

And the clubs have been daft enough, and so hell bent on getting one over on one another, that they’ve let it happen.

9 minutes ago, oldrake9 said:

Yous may mock but I know it's true, yous can think what you want, I just hope the blokes in charge at the club know what they are doing 

I have no idea about what’s going on behind the scenes with incomings and outgoings but I know these guys in charge know what they’re doing and their central philosophy of keeping us financially sound as we progress 

We are one of the wealthier clubs about at present, with no debts hanging over our heads. We have some very good backers and we need out of this league urgently. The club will only spend what we can afford so can we get our knickers out of our **** on bloody rumours 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived