Beaumont stopped with incorrect number plate - Typical Daily Mail

Damien

1 hour ago, Southerner80 said:

Its not always that clear though is it?.... This is pro sport and this sort of thing happens... Owners have to have limits on their liabilities or we can't expect people to want to put themselves in this position. 

Further if one could not limit their exposure to debt when things mess up, we would have a system where people go to jail for debt and not much business happens? 

Its easy to say Beaumont is bad for this however it's not that clear cut. 

Thats an interesting reply...I guess I don't see things as you do.

To say that this is pro sport and this kind of thing happens.....I have followed many pro sports and don't ever recall such a thing happening in hockey or baseball or football...it certainly is not commonplace.   Owners are business people and they need to have some limitations but it isn't always feast or famine if they know what they are doing.   To limit ones liability because of gross incompetence is certainly a stretch...then to not honour debts when you have money to pay is just not on for me.....its not Okay at all.  He should, at the very least, try to pay if he can.

It is interesting that when many of the people with money don't actually pay their debts until jail time is a real and viable alternative then...WHAMO...the money is then found (what a shocker!)....its a miracle.

I think its pretty clear cut that Beaumont has to wear this...he should do the right thing and pay what he owes....a previous poster says that he has multiple luxury automobiles....he can pay and so he should.   

Its the right thing to do.  I'm not buying any of his sob story.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

To say that this is pro sport and this kind of thing happens.....I have followed many pro sports and don't ever recall such a thing happening in hockey or baseball or football...it certainly is not commonplace.   Owners are business people and they need to have some limitations but it isn't always feast or famine if they know what they are doing.   To limit ones liability because of gross incompetence is certainly a stretch...then to not honour debts when you have money to pay is just not on for me.....its not Okay at all.  He should, at the very least, try to pay if he can.

It is interesting that when many of the people with money don't actually pay their debts until jail time is a real and viable alternative then...WHAMO...the money is then found (what a shocker!)....its a miracle.

I think its pretty clear cut that Beaumont has to wear this...he should do the right thing and pay what he owes....a previous poster says that he has multiple luxury automobiles....he can pay and so he should.   

Its the right ting to do.  I'm not buying any of his sob story.

Yup. Poker strategies rarely work when there are perhaps more durable/sustainable strategies that might work - to the benefit of all stakeholders eg the players.

.....Rome wasn’t built in a day. 

6 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Its the right thing to do.  I'm not buying any of his sob story.

Appreciate your reply, I'm used to seeing this happen in European soccer, its not that unusual. 

Guess it's one of those things we see differently. Hopefully it can all be sorted the club remains running and the players in question get a deal elsewhere... 

In fairness to the Daily Mail they just plagiarise news from the local papers.

This story made the Manchester Evening News and was then re-produced in the national.

Nice of the Leigh owner to bring even more bad publicity to the sport.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

7 minutes ago, clogdance said:

If Derek Beaumont left Leigh Centurions, then we would have NO owner. It's in 'his right' do so, and what he does with his own money, and  has nothing to do with anybody else.

If only it was ‘his money’...

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

He deliberately broke the law by driving a vehicle not displaying a number plate. He then made his position worse by refusing to accept a fixed penalty. Front and rear number plates are a legal requirement for a number of very good road safety and licencing reasons. I used to work for DVLA and have seen what people without number plates do on the road, it changes driving behaviour and people die so I have absolutely no sympathy for him. The fact that the Daily Nazi picked up on this story is his fault entirely as he committed a criminal offence.

13 hours ago, Damien said:

but I wanted to see what they had to say about Brexit

How long did it take you to read  "  ....it's the best ever thing" and  "May is rubbish" ?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

£440 for an irregular number plate or a slap on the wrist fine for killing a cyclist or pedestrian IF the police/CPS even bring charges.

No wonder no-one has respect for the police anymore.

Daily Fail is worse than the Sun

16 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Like wiping out a guy thats owed a paycheck from a contract signed in good faith...paying for a roof over his families head and food on the table for his kids.....do you mean like that?

This isn't specific to Leigh though, is it? Every single limited company that goes bust leaves behind debts and creditors, many of them their own employees. Whilst it does at times seem immoral (Beaumont would come a long way down that league table)it isn't illegal.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

This isn't specific to Leigh though, is it? Every single limited company that goes bust leaves behind debts and creditors, many of them their own employees. Whilst it does at times seem immoral (Beaumont would come a long way down that league table)it isn't illegal.

And if risk is to be imposed on the likes of Beaumont, who is going to risk replacing him?  I doubt if even the Archangel Gabriel would want to invest in Leigh if and when things turn out wrong.

And things do go wrong from time to time.  I am sure we are all giving a wry smile at the events at the RFU at the moment. Millions lost, Brown resigns, cuts to sports programmes and 60 jobs lost. It happens in all the best families.

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Just because its not illegal does not make it right.

17 hours ago, Manx RL said:

If only it was ‘his money’...

Not sure I understand the comment...

Its his money unless he has invested the money in the clubs company... in which case its the clubs/company..

If he chooses to not invest any more into the club then its his money and his decision to do so...

1 hour ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

On the flipside,how would people feel if leigh went bust because two players insisted they be paid out? Not that I care I support **********(insert your own clubs name here) and I'm just asking for a friend anyway 

Do you reallly think there is a chance it could go bust or is this just Beaumont trying to play or manipulate the situation?  You know I trust your opinion in theses matter JD.   Whats really going on over there?

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Do you reallly think there is a chance it could go bust or is this just Beaumont trying to play or manipulate the situation?  You know I trust your opinion in theses matter JD.   Whats really going on over there?

I don't think we will go bust but I would like us to drop into league 1 so we can rebuild in the correct manner.only arrogance believes leigh should be in the championship and bradford have shown everybody how a season in the lower league can be beneficial for the long term 

4 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I don't think we will go bust but I would like us to drop into league 1 so we can rebuild in the correct manner.only arrogance believes leigh should be in the championship and bradford have shown everybody how a season in the lower league can be beneficial for the long term 

If only league 1 had a future? You need to ask the RFL for that answer.

5 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

On the flipside,how would people feel if leigh went bust because two players insisted they be paid out? Not that I care I support **********(insert your own clubs name here) and I'm just asking for a friend anyway 

Leigh are not going bust because of two players.  If they go bust it’s entirely because of their dreadful owner.

A clear and very recent precedent has been set. Should Leigh go bust then there should be a points deduction and continuation in their current division should they come through administration. If that means that they have to rely on young players and loans and get wholloped every week followed by relegation then so be it. If not then resign from the competition in its entirety and restart in the amateur game.

I would imagine that everyone wants Leigh to survive and get back to where they belong.  However, precedents have been set.  

We watch with interest.   

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Archived