Bradford Bash?

Mr Plow

Bradford Bash?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want 2019 Summer Bash?

• Blackpool
    • Bradford
    • Newcastle (Kingston Park
    • Other

Leave it at Blackpool or scrap it.

I've been to every one in one capacity or another and have all been enjoyable occasions every time. Blackpool is perfect for it. Be interesting when they play it to.

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

It's stupid to even consider moving it away from Blackpool and even stupider to suggest holding at at anywhere other than a neutral ground.

I know the overall attendance was down this year on 2017, but 2017 had a 7th game tagged on (the Championship One Cup Final between Barrow Raiders and NW Crusaders probably added 600-700 to the gate). The well-supported Hull KR and Bradford were there, too.

This year suffered because there were only six games and three of the best teams had virtually no supporters present (Toronto, Toulouse and London).

With 14 teams being represented again, including Bradford and York,  it's not hard to envisage a big improvement on last year.  Move it elsewhere and you've killed the concept before it's really taken root.

1 hour ago, cookey said:

Am I missing something? What are the attractions of Odsal?

To the outsider,I would have thought that the ground is a shambles,the area is a shambles,to the tv audience it would appear a shambles,what am I missing?

When I first heard Bradford my first thought was Valley Parade. I’ve now idea why Odsal is in the running, I don’t even think they open the Rooley Lane end anymore. It’s an awful place to go watch rugby and it has hardly any facilities.

I’m open to them moving it - must do it in s considered fashion. Moving it now is typical RL; too short term.

engsge the fans, sell them the idea of Newcastle or even Cardiff. But do it it properly- and above all else let RL know in advance where and when games are on a rolling twelve months basis

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

Scrap it. There is no point to it

Well don't go then!

Personally, I enjoy having a few ales at the seaside, enjoying the craic, meeting fans of all the other clubs and watching 6-7 matches of the sport I support for the measly sum of thirty quid or so. 

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

I’m pleased for you. I just don’t see the point of making it an unbalanced competition. It’s not that it even raises awareness of our great game

The vast majority of the time the results don't impact league standings.

It's a good day out for fans who want to go and it's a good bingeworthy 2 days for armchair fans.

2 days of wall to wall RL obviously is good for the game.

The only negative is that we don't have a national stadium to keep the proceeds in the game!

7 hours ago, Dave W said:

It's stupid to even consider moving it away from Blackpool and even stupider to suggest holding at at anywhere other than a neutral ground.

I know the overall attendance was down this year on 2017, but 2017 had a 7th game tagged on (the Championship One Cup Final between Barrow Raiders and NW Crusaders probably added 600-700 to the gate). The well-supported Hull KR and Bradford were there, too.

This year suffered because there were only six games and three of the best teams had virtually no supporters present (Toronto, Toulouse and London).

With 14 teams being represented again, including Bradford and York,  it's not hard to envisage a big improvement on last year.  Move it elsewhere and you've killed the concept before it's really taken root.

What a truly ridiculous post. Bewildering and blinkered Super League view with zero substance. 

No current Championship club other than Toronto can afford to keep funding the loses of hosting it in Blackpool. 

The Championship clubs need to keep that money in the game, not paying ridiculous lost making rental charges to the owners of Blackpool Football Club. 

7 hours ago, Michael Gledhill said:

The Championship clubs need to keep that money in the game,

A perfectly sound view.

Hold it at Warrington or Headingley then. Not the home ground of one of the teams competing.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Not sure if there has been a def push to strangle the event slowly by whatever powers that be .

First year I went was a good buzz around the place , stalls and bars on the car park plenty of folk milling around outside  , not just watching their games and then buggering off into Blackpool ...Even had free cornettos in the stand ! The year after this had all all disappeared - zilch wouldn't have known there was RL on there , nothing to keep people bout , just VIP cars parked where the fan zone was the year before ....pretty typical RL really ... no atmosphere at all 

I haven't been back since ...

Killing the IPro Cup has made a massive dent in the event as well - you had two sets of supporters who had something to play for and added to the atmosphere 

It’s one thing having an extra fixture (ask Leigh for instance) but then to hold it at a ground of one of the league members, who’ll end up with an extra home game is just plain wrong. Add to the fact that for fans who actually like watching multiple games, seating is limited at Bradford. 

Magic & Bash should only ever be help at all seaters with enough room to spread about. Scrap it or hold it an neutral venue

8 hours ago, Michael Gledhill said:

What a truly ridiculous post. Bewildering and blinkered Super League view with zero substance. 

No current Championship club other than Toronto can afford to keep funding the loses of hosting it in Blackpool. 

The Championship clubs need to keep that money in the game, not paying ridiculous lost making rental charges to the owners of Blackpool Football Club. 

Why is what he posted a Super League view?

I see your fake positivity about the game is only for select things eh? Mask slipping.

Archived