Sign in to follow this  
Wellsy4HullFC

London Broncos Announcement

Melbourne Storm's Cameron Smith is still unsigned for 2019. I have always found that strange since it was announced after the last NRL Grand Final.  It would be very interesting if it was him whom London Broncos have signed.

2 minutes ago, eal said:

I wish the Broncos could just get a decent logo. They must have the worst emblem in professional sport.

A decent Super League standard stadium and marketing manager, plus two NRL quality props, are more important priorities for the Broncos

Edited by Manfred Mann
  • Like 5

Talk in the NRL that international prop Martin Tapau might want to leave Manly. He would be almost as big a signing as Cameron Smith.

James Segyaro is also unsigned for 2019. He might just qualify as an international star (for PNG).

Back rower Greg Eastwood is unsigned for 2019 as is winger Robert Jennings. London should grab them both.

My guesses on who it is, in order of likelihood, are:

1. James Segyaro

2. Cameron Smith

3. Martin Tapau.

Edited by Manfred Mann

34 minutes ago, ghost crayfish said:

When I spent a few weeks in London back in 2010, I was pleasantly surprised by the level of coverage rugby league got in the free press you'd read on the tube. There were always 1-2 Super League articles. If that's disappeared in the years since, then this is already one clear example of the benefits the London Broncos bring to the competition.

For the last 4 years, I have either been unemployed or commuting by bus to work, so I stopped picking up a morning Metro and an Evening Standard at the station. Now I'm once again a victim of Thameslink trains, I find I have fallen out of the habit.

Anyhoo, the Metro was never the same once Marina O'Loughlin left for pastures new.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

The Evening Standard's circulation is around 800,000 and you can download an app for Android to read the full edition for free after about 1500 every day 

It could be Seggy, or Danny Levi from the Knights who is rumoured to be on the outer.

As I understand things Marty Taupau is heading to the Roosters, to replace Napa who is heading to the Dogs, to replace Klemmer who is headed to the Knights.

I would be astonished if it was Cam Smith as the main reason he hasn't re-signed is because he wants more money and is already on $1m a year and I don't reckon the Bronies can match that.

Having said that, could be Shaun Johnson for all I know

A return to London for Tommy Leuluai?..

• Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

7 hours ago, eal said:

They must have the worst emblem in professional sport.

No, Salford's by a country mile and few furlongs, chains and rods ( gone all old money since Brexit!)

Well done to the Broncos for the use of anti-social and the London-centric daily ( well the one that admits it is anyway)

• Like 1

RL1.JPG.6a10be03c5528650e188f078de012540.JPG

8 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

It is a real shame this is complete rubbish and the club have signed nobody of note (with all due respect).

Yes but you also said they’d sent the wrong logo to the shirt manufacturers. We have reason to doubt you now ML.

rldfsignature.jpg

10 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

We have reason to doubt you now

Negative TGG or .....?

As he missed the SRD badge it could be a clue!

Well done Broncos for creating media interest and sparking people to take notice !

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1

RL1.JPG.6a10be03c5528650e188f078de012540.JPG

11 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Anyone know about this?

Screenshot_20181120-202754_Twitter.jpg

BRONCOS.LONDON is renowned for exaggeration, so for International Superstar, read Ireland's Kyle Amor or similar.

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

No, Salford's by a country mile and few furlongs, chains and rods ( gone all old money since Brexit!)

Well done to the Broncos for the use of anti-social and the London-centric daily ( well the one that admits it is anyway)

The Salford one is a good example of letting management types design something.

You have one of the most iconic symbols in sport and swap it for something that makes no sense.

Edited by TheLegendOfTexEvans

It all depends on how truthful the London publicity machine is.

If it is an international superstar, then it is Cameron Smith.

If it is an international star, not "superstar," then it is James Segyaro.

Those are really the only two options left in the NRL now that Jarryd Hayne has surrendered his passport to the police.

4 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Those are really the only two options left in the NRL now that Jarryd Hayne has surrendered his passport to the police.

Lewis Brown’s still available isn’t he?

3 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

London the club haven’t said anything. The Twitter account that has been saying about an International Superstar isn’t the official London Broncos Account. It’s a Fans Account. 

4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Lewis Brown’s still available isn’t he?

Yes he is. But they would not be so dishonest as to call him an "international superstar."

Just now, Oliver Clothesoff said:

London the club haven’t said anything. The Twitter account that has been saying about an International Superstar isn’t the official London Broncos Account. It’s a Fans Account. 

So the speculation is all meaningless then. 

6 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

I can't decide if you're joking or not every time you're mentioning Cam Smith. I'm going to assume you are. For all the names I've seen you mention I reckon Greg Eastwood or Segyaro are the more likely options (but probably not even them either) than Tapau, Jennings and I dare not even entertain Smith. 

12 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Yes he is. But they would not be so dishonest as to call him an "international superstar."

Well Warrington were calling Mamo a star signing so it wouldn’t surprise me 

1 hour ago, Monkey Lover said:

Did you honestly think that was true? I designed both Broncos shirts along with the CEO over in Italy earlier this year and work with them on almost a daily basis. I speak with errea on a daily basis.

How on earth could either the CEO of London’s Broncos or us as supplier to the club for 4 years suddenly use the wrong badge? ?

I was treating the original ‘leaked design’ with the respect it deserved. I will be more careful to remember there’s a lot of gullible people around. 

As for the signing being announced today I’m sure Liam Finn will enjoy living in London as opposed to Newcastle ?

Do you sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement when you work with sports clubs? Just curious. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkey Lover said:

Exactly. There is nothing to see here, the only player signing at the moment is one that some people won’t  have even heard of. 

Jy-Mel Coleman?