League 1 2019 table predictions

Worky123

Posting this in the general forum means it's only going to go one way.

Cue the comments to kill off league 1 or consume into some kind of SL reserves competition...

Unfortunately, I don't think league 1 will be interesting this year. I think it's pretty split in terms of quality. Then again, the Super League looks set to bore me senseless.

We all know that the most interesting league competition of 2019 is going to be the Championship. Cracking line up and as it's a proper league with 14 teams, no fixtures repeated 5 times!

14 minutes ago, NWDuk said:

Posting this in the general forum means it's only going to go one way.

Cue the comments to kill off league 1 or consume into some kind of SL reserves competition...

Unfortunately, I don't think league 1 will be interesting this year. I think it's pretty split in terms of quality. Then again, the Super League looks set to bore me senseless.

We all know that the most interesting league competition of 2019 is going to be the Championship. Cracking line up and as it's a proper league with 14 teams, no fixtures repeated 5 times!

The Championship has one promotion position and the 2 full -time clubs,Toronto and Toulouse will be favourites for that position.

It may be interesting to see who fights to get into the play-off positions but many clubs have signed a huge turnover of players - and some have got the pre-season training off to a late start.

Then there is consideration,depending on finance,as to whether they may make the 1895 Cup a priority.

I just wonder what happens to the potential central funding for 2 League 1 clubs should Keighley follow Hemel and not make the start line? 

Perhaps the RFL will retain it for any lean years ahead... 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

For the first time in a few years there will be no ‘superstar’ teams like Toulouse, Toronto, Bradford & dare I say York, so the clubs that have played second fiddle to them will fancy their chances. 

There’s still a long way to go recruitment wise but if I was having a guess it would be something like:

1) Newcastle - they’ve made a number of big name signings and will surely add another few before the season starts. 

2) Workington 

3)  Oldham

4) Hunslet

5) Doncaster

6) North Wales - They will have a very good season with a head coach who knows this league well. Recruitment has gone very well. 

7) Whitehaven

8 London

9) Coventry

10) West Wales - They will be much improved from last season but hard to see them winning a game now Hemel have gone. 

1 minute ago, Moscow01 said:

For the first time in a few years there will be no ‘superstar’ teams like Toulouse, Toronto, Bradford & dare I say York, so the clubs that have played second fiddle to them will fancy their chances. 

There’s still a long way to go recruitment wise but if I was having a guess it would be something like:

1) Newcastle - they’ve made a number of big name signings and will surely add another few before the season starts. 

2) Workington 

3)  Oldham

4) Hunslet

5) Doncaster

6) North Wales - They will have a very good season with a head coach who knows this league well. Recruitment has gone very well. 

7) Whitehaven

8) London

9) Coventry

10) West Wales - They will be much improved from last season but hard to see them winning a game now Hemel have gone. 

Oldham are in the Championship. 

20 minutes ago, Moscow01 said:

2) Workington 

3)  Oldham

4) Hunslet

5) Doncaster

7) Whitehaven

8 London

9) Coventry

No confidence in Keighley then?I didn't realise how close it could be until I went through the teams. Newcastle have made a lot of signings but can they gel and go from a 8th place club to champions in one season? If not it could be any of six teams for me. I expect the bottom couple of teams will be more competitive even if they don't win many.

1 minute ago, fevtom said:

No confidence in Keighley then?I didn't realise how close it could be until I went through the teams. Newcastle have made a lot of signings but can they gel and go from a 8th place club to champions in one season? If not it could be any of six teams for me. I expect the bottom couple of teams will be more competitive even if they don't win many.

I can’t wait to see how the bookies price it up. I imagine there will be 5-6 teams that really fancy themselves for promotion. 

I fancy Newcastle, but I could have four goes at picking the team to win promotion and not get it right, it’s that close! Should be another cracking season. 

31 minutes ago, Moscow01 said:

, but I could have four goes at picking the team to win promotion and not get it right, it’s that close! Should be another cracking season. 

This ^^, I think...especially with a shorter season and every slip-up will be costly.... think it's gonna be great again :)

....oh, and don't write us off this coming year, should be our strongest for a couple of seasons...

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

Should be decent, hope Keighley make it to the start line but most importantly the finishing line next season. Could have done with filling the 12th spot in the new fandangled 2019 structures may have given West Wales someone to triumph over, although I should imagine they will be slightly improved over recent campaigns even so...  

1 hour ago, Moscow01 said:

2) Workington 

3)  Oldham

4) Hunslet

5) Doncaster

7) Whitehaven

8 London

9) Coventry

Cant see Hunslet finishing above Donny.

Going to be a very interesting and tight league, really can not see past Newcastle for top spot. Just hope they stick with Jason Payne and don't get too giddy wanting to bring in a bigger name (not that im suggesting they will. Then the next few could be anything depending who clicks and can be consistent. Workington will be smarting from the play off final and Donny and Hunslet have strengthened well. Oldham were a very tough side to play against but may miss the influence of Danny Langtree

I'm going to be the first to predict Newcastle won't get the top spot although I can't really provide any reasoning behind that. I just have a feeling.

1) Workington

2) Newcastle

3) Doncaster

4) Oldham

5) Hunslet

6) Whitehaven

7) North Wales

8} London

9) Keighley

10) Coventry

11) West Wales

We (donny) have only signed 2 players so far, Brad foster ex dewsbury 2nd rower and a promising young prop from Cas who was on loan at Halifax last season. We have retained all our better players from last season too but hard to get too enthusiastic yet with only 17 players on the books so far. 

We have been told the aim this season is promotion and the board will give Horne everything he needs to achieve this. There is a fan forum meeting with the club tonight so I guess we will find out more about our recruitment plans then. I’m hoping we will move away from the reliance of Hull cast offs on DR as last season proved when we needed them most they weren’t available to us. I still think we need 4 or 5 quality additions and Idd expect us to sign these eventually. If/when we do I’d fully expect us along side Newcastle and Workington to be challenging for the title. With New York set to join in 2020 this season is a golden opportunity to gain promotion. 

Archived