The RLIF and Steve Mascord?

Scubby

What is going on here between Nigel Wood and Steve Mascord?

While at the RFL, Wood was the lead bugler for Bring Back GB, Mascord sets up a GB Lions thingy in anticipation. Wood becomes CEO to the World's governing body for RL (RLIF) Steve Mascord gets an exclusive online shop directly through the official RLIF site?  It's corner shop thinking but also shows how RL seems to work these days (pretty much on a nod and a wink)

https://mascordbrownz.com/rlif-store/

http://www.rlif.com/

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Do my eyes deceive me? Scubby complaining about there being more merchandising?

It is fairly small-time but it is an improvement, getting merch for nations in 2013 was pretty impossible, 2017 wasnt cracking. This is a pretty massive improvement and while Mascord is just a fan and the branding isnt great. Its a service that fills a niche and helps the game. I find it difficult to complain.

However. What I would say, is that the branding and value of the international brands, even the big 3, is terrible compared to what it could be. And you would think that the game as a whole could benefit greatly from tying all international RL together in one big deal

I don't mind Mascord. It comes across as small time, half-arsed and a conversation in a pub rather than a World Organisation getting its ass into gear.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I event bothered looking, but what do FIFA sell on their site?

Leftover tat from the 2018 World Cup.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Having a tiny bit of knowledge on Mascordbrownz basically there is Steve and Phil Brown in the front line. Phil has moved back to Australia to introduce more tagz games to the aussies masses. It is relatively small scale at the moment but where else could you buy Spain, Albania and Phillippines official International Shirts?

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

2 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Having a tiny bit of knowledge on Mascordbrownz basically there is Steve and Phil Brown in the front line. Phil has moved back to Australia to introduce more tagz games to the aussies masses. It is relatively small scale at the moment but where else could you buy Spain, Albania and Phillippines official International Shirts?

Are they doing Russian video cameras too?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

What is going on here between Nigel Wood and Steve Mascord?

While at the RFL, Wood was the lead bugler for Bring Back GB, Mascord sets up a GB Lions thingy in anticipation. Wood becomes CEO to the World's governing body for RL (RLIF) Steve Mascord gets an exclusive online shop directly through the official RLIF site?  It's corner shop thinking but also shows how RL seems to work these days (pretty much on a nod and a wink)

https://mascordbrownz.com/rlif-store/

http://www.rlif.com/

International Federation selling international kits? What ever next?

Do they do mugs though? 

25 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Find it a bit odd that Mascord jacked in being one of the top RL journalists in Australia to peddle niche merch over here but can’t fault his entrepreneurial spirit. 

It might not be the only thing he is doing?

So small time in fact that we got only 11 fewer hits from this thread as from the RLIF website itself! Not going to dispute the conspiracy theories at the top of the post. Think what you like. The page has actually been there for two months but they started promoting it on social today, which has helped. I didn't want to be purely a journalist anymore (still do some) because I was bored with it. Time to do something different. I have a few other things going on, but none of them terribly profitable. Mascord Brownz has so far earned me less than 1000 pounds - and that's in 15 months. I've started working as UK Business Development Manager for Red Star Belgrade, which is basically what Martin Vickers does for the Wolfpack. But just two or three hours a week for pocket money. And I've done content for RLWC2021.com from the World Cup qualifiers. I hope it continues but can't say for sure it will. Had no money all year but had the best time, just waking up and acting on any idea that has come into my head. I just do what interests me and live on on not much money. Bliss!

7 minutes ago, steavis said:

So small time in fact that we got only 11 fewer hits from this thread as from the RLIF website itself! Not going to dispute the conspiracy theories at the top of the post. Think what you like. The page has actually been there for two months but they started promoting it on social today, which has helped. I didn't want to be purely a journalist anymore (still do some) because I was bored with it. Time to do something different. I have a few other things going on, but none of them terribly profitable. Mascord Brownz has so far earned me less than 1000 pounds - and that's in 15 months. I've started working as UK Business Development Manager for Red Star Belgrade, which is basically what Martin Vickers does for the Wolfpack. But just two or three hours a week for pocket money. And I've done content for RLWC2021.com from the World Cup qualifiers. I hope it continues but can't say for sure it will. Had no money all year but had the best time, just waking up and acting on any idea that has come into my head. I just do what interests me and live on on much money. Bliss!

Thanks Steve. One question I’ve wanted to ask since you guys launched... why Mascord Brownz and not Mascord Brown? 

The “z” really bugs me. But I’m probably in the minority. 

Archived