The RLIF and Steve Mascord?

Scubby

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, steavis said:

So small time in fact that we got only 11 fewer hits from this thread as from the RLIF website itself! Not going to dispute the conspiracy theories at the top of the post. Think what you like. The page has actually been there for two months but they started promoting it on social today, which has helped. I didn't want to be purely a journalist anymore (still do some) because I was bored with it. Time to do something different. I have a few other things going on, but none of them terribly profitable. Mascord Brownz has so far earned me less than 1000 pounds - and that's in 15 months. I've started working as UK Business Development Manager for Red Star Belgrade, which is basically what Martin Vickers does for the Wolfpack. But just two or three hours a week for pocket money. And I've done content for RLWC2021.com from the World Cup qualifiers. I hope it continues but can't say for sure it will. Had no money all year but had the best time, just waking up and acting on any idea that has come into my head. I just do what interests me and live on on not much money. Bliss!

I would avoid using the Martin Vickers comparison.

8 hours ago, steavis said:

So small time in fact that we got only 11 fewer hits from this thread as from the RLIF website itself! Not going to dispute the conspiracy theories at the top of the post. Think what you like. The page has actually been there for two months but they started promoting it on social today, which has helped. I didn't want to be purely a journalist anymore (still do some) because I was bored with it. Time to do something different. I have a few other things going on, but none of them terribly profitable. Mascord Brownz has so far earned me less than 1000 pounds - and that's in 15 months. I've started working as UK Business Development Manager for Red Star Belgrade, which is basically what Martin Vickers does for the Wolfpack. But just two or three hours a week for pocket money. And I've done content for RLWC2021.com from the World Cup qualifiers. I hope it continues but can't say for sure it will. Had no money all year but had the best time, just waking up and acting on any idea that has come into my head. I just do what interests me and live on on not much money. Bliss!

Do you have permission from the RFL to use the Great Britain lions brand to sell memorabilia?

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

12 hours ago, steavis said:

Brilliant Stuff, Steve. Good luck to you. But I am missing your columns in the Sydney morning Herald! Cheers from a fellow Fairfax journalist!

5 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

Do you have permission from the RFL to use the Great Britain lions brand to sell memorabilia?

Let me be perfectly clear about this: I am quite willing to knowingly do the wrong thing until I get in trouble! I am a terrible person!

1 minute ago, Abicus said:

This seems like a pretty pretty bad idea

Nah, they would just ring up and say take down the facebook page - which I would then do! Or I'd make them admin and remove myself, which I've done in other instances. Until someone contacts me, the automatic feeds - including from Mascord Brownz - will stay. 

4 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

I'd be interested to know if Ellis Rugby had asked to use the club badges and colours on their retro jerseys and whether the clubs get a cut.

No, just Rugby League Cares. There is showdown looming I would guess as Hummel bought the rights to GB. If I was a betting man, I'd say production of the retro jerseys will cease next year.

12 minutes ago, Damien said:

I will as long as you try to get the absurd and nonsensical GB tour next year, which very few want, scrapped.

Since I have been given credit for putting it on in the first place, you have my word I will exert exactly level of effective political pressure to have it scrapped.

28 minutes ago, steavis said:

Since I have been given credit for putting it on in the first place, you have my word I will exert exactly level of effective political pressure to have it scrapped.

We both no full well Steve you put the idea in Nigel woods head! Constantly asking questions about it whenever he flew to Sydney and constantly writing articles about it in the SMH...how many times did you publish the ###### GB v Wallabies at Wembley story Steve?? At least 5 or 6 iirc...you even got that NRL media guy to come up with a fake Itinerary for a GB tour!!! 

So don't act like you don't know what you've done!

As for selling your memorabilia using the GB brand on social media...if you haven't got permission let's see how long that lasts...lol

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

1 hour ago, roughyedspud said:

We both no full well Steve you put the idea in Nigel woods head! Constantly asking questions about it whenever he flew to Sydney and constantly writing articles about it in the SMH...how many times did you publish the ###### GB v Wallabies at Wembley story Steve?? At least 5 or 6 iirc...you even got that NRL media guy to come up with a fake Itinerary for a GB tour!!! 

So don't act like you don't know what you've done!

As for selling your memorabilia using the GB brand on social media...if you haven't got permission let's see how long that lasts...lol

I honestly don't care how long it lasts. There are fewer than 100 followers. I've been kicked off facebook before and I'll be kicked off again. I run about 50 pages, all automated. They get shut down all the time. And I'm honoured to have done what you say I've done! Thanks for the rap!

26 minutes ago, Damien said:

No I'm not. You are unless you are simply choosing to ignore the polls on here which showed that 88% did not want the tour and the vast majority of comments that have been against it.

I don't care. Honestly. Couldn't give a rats either way. What will be will be.

I'm confused by this thread. I don't know what was sarcasm and what was true.

I assume that everyone selling rugby league products with club or international team logos and names etc., has all the necessary rights to do so. I assume that the RFL and the clubs etc. concerned are actively making sure that this is the case. It's basic business practice to protect your intellectual property.

Archived