Chalmers - RFL Board should half their pay.

15 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Didn't Chalmers used to run NZRL? How did that go?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10430304

After - https://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/steve-kilgallon-interviews-andrew-chalmers.23967/

He does seem to have had enjoyed the support of that successful coach Mr Lowe.

Mr Lowe,despite ill-health has now accompanied Mr Chalmers on flights to positions at Salford and Bradford.

Respect.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

"Like politics – although not so much this year – rugby league has a silly season. It's a time when the media outlets have space and time to fill and while there are no games or internationals to cover or comment upon.....So there are papers and air-time to fill, and not necessarily the stories to fill them. Hence you get silly season, with speculative or uncorroborated exclusives."

Irony not his strong point.

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Chalmers says they’ve given half their responsibilities away so should lose half pay.

£2m loss, SL & Elstone Shawn nothing so far etc etc

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17253170.andrew-chalmers-column-just-who-is-running-rugby-league/

spot on if you get exceptional salaries based on job linked to bringing overall high income.

if you dont deliver then honourable thing is to work for less.

the sport needs to name and shame everyone on 6 figure salaries at the rfl, rlif and rlef.

1 hour ago, Moove said:

Chalmers doesn't half like the sound of his own voice. He raises a few good points but you have to wade through half an article of bitterness, unprofessionalism and dummy spitting to get to them.

The RL equivalent of Piers Morgan.

Could you indicate which part of the article contains bitterness,unprofessionalism and dummy spitting,please?

I thought he raised a valid question - Where is all the new commercial income, sponsorship and new money the sport was promised when the 12 clubs broke away from the RFL?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Chalmers is playing to the gallery here. He knows that anything critical of the sport's administration will be eagerly gobbled up and embraced by many on social media, whether the criticism is justified or not.

If you pander to the mob, you get cheap 'likes', just as the ardent and eloquent Europhile Boris Johnson did when he saw an opportunity for a power-grab and suddenly became a "life-long" Brexiteer.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

spot on if you get exceptional salaries based on job linked to bringing overall high income.

if you dont deliver then honourable thing is to work for less.

the sport needs to name and shame everyone on 6 figure salaries at the rfl, rlif and rlef.

I'd say that there'll Rimmer at the RFL, Wood at the RLIF and nobody at the RLEF. You're kidding yoursef if you think salaries at the RFL are that high!

While everyone is pontificating on the salary thing what about the rule changes issue, as expected, even though it's really in their remit, they roll over and let's SL tickel their tummy like a big, slavering Labrador eager to please, hopefully next SL will shout 'fetch' and throw Rimmer a stick.....off the edge of cliff, just like he's done with League one club's.

1 hour ago, MidlandsRugbyLeague said:

I'd say that there'll Rimmer at the RFL, Wood at the RLIF and nobody at the RLEF. You're kidding yoursef if you think salaries at the RFL are that high!

No danger in publishing who is on the 6 figure salaries then if that the case.

So, 1 person earned over 300k and the rest are just on low salaries?

I am kidding myself. 

20 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

No danger in publishing who is on the 6 figure salaries then if that the case.

So, 1 person earned over 300k and the rest are just on low salaries?

I am kidding myself. 

You said over £100k, and there's only one salary band at the RFL that goes goes over that figure and only person in it unless others have had significant rises.

15 minutes ago, MidlandsRugbyLeague said:

You said over £100k, and there's only one salary band at the RFL that goes goes over that figure and only person in it unless others have had significant rises.

That’s right.  Barwick is on mid £80s (p/t) asfaik but the total for the board was circa £900+k before Wood left.

The £60k payruse Wood received and the £500k pay off gives the impression that the organisation is well paid.  The Board and maybe another 2  might be but the rest aren’t.

Just shows how ill informed Chalmers is.  Andy Harland could’ve told him all that.  Hope he’s better informed on who’s getting paid what at the Bulls.

2 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

That’s right.  Barwick is on mid £80s (p/t) asfaik but the total for the board was circa £900+k before Wood left.

The £60k payruse Wood received and the £500k pay off gives the impression that the organisation is well paid.  The Board and maybe another 2  might be but the rest aren’t.

Just shows how ill informed Chalmers is.  Andy Harland could’ve told him all that.  Hope he’s better informed on who’s getting paid what at the Bulls.

£80k part time makes you wonder how they make ends meet.

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

We find this a lot though Tex, don’t we?  Part time executives going from Board to Board.  Who needs the Masons.

Us apparently.

Normally they come in because they have come through the public system (private if your not in the UK confusing aint it?)

and have all the necessary contacts to work with the banks and land deals.

That's why they essentially get massive wages for little effort because they have influence.

We seem to pay the wages but don't get the influence. 

EG: David Collier.

Archived