Yorkshire Cup

costa

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Impartial Observer said:

It isn't complicated, John Taylor could check the teams before the game instead of afterwards, saves an awful lot of trouble for all involved now. 

John Taylor had other duties last Saturday to the Pennine league as well, he'll have probably been fielding phone calls from other teams as well, I know I've phoned him before for advice when we had lost an ID Card for a player who we wanted to play (No ID card no play)

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

23 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

They are registered but needed to play 2 league or cup games to be eligible to play in the semis

True all the players on the team sheet are registered  and because of injury to first choice players  they had to promote players into the team, it's not like Toll Bar had been fielding ringers and played Sam Smith as Joe Soap.

37 minutes ago, Marauder said:

John Taylor had other duties last Saturday to the Pennine league as well, he'll have probably been fielding phone calls from other teams as well, I know I've phoned him before for advice when we had lost an ID Card for a player who we wanted to play (No ID card no play)

It didnt have to be John taylor, my point was that if things had been checked beforehand then the problem would have been prevented, what happens if Toll bar lose their case and get thrown out and want to appeal, cannot see that being held until the new year and the final is scheduled for Dec 30 i think !! 

16 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

It didnt have to be John taylor, my point was that if things had been checked beforehand then the problem would have been prevented, what happens if Toll bar lose their case and get thrown out and want to appeal, cannot see that being held until the new year and the final is scheduled for Dec 30 i think !! 

Checking the team sheet should be down to the secretary, he has to sign it or who ever stood in for him.

Because of the date of the final the hearing should have been this Monday, it would have given time to award the game to whoever, appeal or play it again this weekend (Upton have given Toll Bar the game this weekend because they have to many injuries, wonder if they're thinking quicker than the Yorkshire Cup committee)

19 minutes ago, johnmatrix said:

But it's a semi final, if your not sure you don't play them, anyways Upton or lock lane? 

Ian Tattersall (New coach) would never have played them if he was aware, he is a very honest kid and very strict. I have a lot of time for him.

15 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Ian Tattersall (New coach) would never have played them if he was aware, he is a very honest kid and very strict. I have a lot of time for him.

Hasn't he been the coach since Adam was a lad? Upton highlighted the issue with the Taylors before KO. 

15 minutes ago, costa said:

Hasn't he been the coach since Adam was a lad? Upton highlighted the issue with the Taylors before KO. 

He stood down a few years ago when they went summer and Upton from what I've heard wanted to register a player to play in the semi and was told about the rules, Toll Bar was never part of those transactions and probably is the reason why Upton have complained, the Toll Bar players in question had been registered for some time but had never played because of injury (Broken leg) in the case of one of their players who signed for them from us.

30 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

heard that Toll Bar have been thrown out of the cup at last nights hearing and game awarded to Upton

Not sure, I'm in contact with their secretary and he hasn't heard anything yet.

Yes I've also seen it, it was one of the three payers first game since breaking a leg in the second game of the 2017/18 season whilst playing for us, they asked for his transfer in September this year.

If I was Toll Bar I'd be citing the prop who used the elbow on Craig Lawton (very clear on youtube)  early in the game that resulted in him having to go to hospital for an Xray (No broken jaw) and then a visit to the dentist the following day for emergency dental treatment. 

its poor form reporting each other and just gets petty with teams going t#t for tat.

ive always believed you play whats infront of you there was lots of ringers about years ago we just got on with it.

also ill add if toll bar know the rules and admit theyve done wrong how could they appeal surely there bang to rights

2 minutes ago, topcentre21 said:

its poor form reporting each other and just gets petty with teams going t#t for tat.

ive always believed you play whats infront of you there was lots of ringers about years ago we just got on with it.

also ill add if toll bar know the rules and admit theyve done wrong how could they appeal surely there bang to rights

Yep we've had to always play what's in front of us anyway, as for ringers it's hard to find one round here :) 

I coached a game where we lost a cup match to a side who played an inelligible player, I never raised it as to be honest the player was rubbish and did absolutely nothing in the game to contribute to the opposition winning other than having a kit on. However I could have and was entitled to, but we should have beat them and didn't deserve to win so never pressed the issue.

Rules are rules and Upton are well within their rights to do this, 3 players who are ineligible is alot so they obviously contributed to their win.

Hope lock lane win. Wouldn't be surprised if rhere was abit of biff and a fair few cheap shots thrown about, but that's to be expected with Upton

2 hours ago, johnmatrix said:

I coached a game where we lost a cup match to a side who played an inelligible player, I never raised it as to be honest the player was rubbish and did absolutely nothing in the game to contribute to the opposition winning other than having a kit on. However I could have and was entitled to, but we should have beat them and didn't deserve to win so never pressed the issue.

Rules are rules and Upton are well within their rights to do this, 3 players who are ineligible is alot so they obviously contributed to their win.

Hope lock lane win. Wouldn't be surprised if rhere was abit of biff and a fair few cheap shots thrown about, but that's to be expected with Upton

Respect,

We lost a divisional title playing a ineligible player by mistake, we was warming up before the game and our stand-off pulled his back, our secretary asked the first player he saw to get changed which he did and took his place on the subs-bench, however the lad was signed on with the 2nd team in the West Yorkshire league but not the 1st team in the Hull league, he came on for the last 5 minutes with us winning 26 - 0 which was the final score, we like Toll Bar named him on the team sheet. we lost the title by 1 point .

I suppose it depends what's at stake. I remember going to a Hull team in the NCL, probably over 10 years ago now and we lost by about 18 points. I went in to see their secretary after the game to check the scorers were correct for my match report in our next programme. I had the team sheet but players sometimes swap shirts after the sheet goes in. I said who was the right winger who scored 2 tries? He said non of the wingers scored, the full back scored 3. Now I know what the numbers on the backs of the scorers were and the right winger got 2 and the full back 1. It would have been more believable if he told me that the wingers had swapped shirts. Anyway, I told our secretary my concern and she and our coach said "Let it go".

Given the state of the game I cant help but feel the two game rule is something that needs to be looked at. Especially when its making players who've been long term servants of a club inelligible

This year it was used to prevent my club from playing lads who have played for my club all through there youth and had played a full season of youth rugby stepping up and playing open age

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

48 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Given the state of the game I cant help but feel the two game rule is something that needs to be looked at. Especially when its making players who've been long term servants of a club inelligible

This year it was used to prevent my club from playing lads who have played for my club all through there youth and had played a full season of youth rugby stepping up and playing open age

I totally agree, you can have a sign on date and any player signed after that date isnt eligble for the cup semi or final, it makes everyones live easier. 

Archived