Yorkshire Cup

costa

1 hour ago, gillmeister said:

Given the state of the game I cant help but feel the two game rule is something that needs to be looked at. Especially when its making players who've been long term servants of a club inelligible

This year it was used to prevent my club from playing lads who have played for my club all through there youth and had played a full season of youth rugby stepping up and playing open age

Happens in earlier rounds and in the defence of Toll Bar they had their first round v Brotherton given to them and I believe a couple of games leading up to the semi-final got postponed, if this is true then the status of a postponed fixture & unfulfilled fixture needs to be taken into account.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Happens in earlier rounds and in the defence of Toll Bar they had their first round v Brotherton given to them and I believe a couple of games leading up to the semi-final got postponed, if this is true then the status of a postponed fixture & unfilled fixture needs to be taken into account.

That's a great point. Especially on the unfulfilled fixtures.

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:53 PM, Celtic Rooster said:

Can anybody tell me for certain if a programme is being printed for the final at Featherstone this coming Sunday? I am thinking of coming over from Salford but if there is no programme on sale I won't bother.

Definitely no programme, I wouldn't bother Kenny. 

Poor excuse really saying not enough time over xmas to get it produced.

Thank you. I will see how I feel on Sunday but I doubt I will come over now. I could have produced a programme for them overnight as long as somebody else photo copied it. I have all the info needed apart from team squads. Too late now, I have just finished a night shift. I am desperate to watch some RL. Non league football is ok and I enjoy visiting new grounds but RL will always be first choice.

3 hours ago, neutralfan said:

These Finals have been played at this time of the year for years and a programme has always been produced for the big day so what has changed all of a sudden?

Bridge to far - Not sure but in the past did the Yorkshire committee run the Yorkshire cup ?

BARLA always kept the running Yorkshire Cup competition to themselves purely because of the income a final would bring to their coffers.

The massive gates were achieved by the marketing, timing, venue and obviously the finalists themselves

Sadly with the neglect of the competition by the organisers, gates of 2500 plus are a thing of the past.

You never fail until you stop trying

5 hours ago, Marauder said:

Sound, I got the score from  a mate, was it a decent game, Never went because I expected a spoiler.

It was a good contest, surprisingly Upton had better discipline in the 1st half and took a shock lead just before halftime after 2 kicks went uncontested and they pounced first. 2nd half Lane upped the tempo and gave the Upton stand off less time on the ball to pick his passes. Last 20 eased away as Upton tired and made errors like an 85 yard interception.

I went to semi final and think Toll Bar would have asked more questions with their handful of ex Doncaster pro's

6 hours ago, Cutsyke Raiders said:

It was a good contest, surprisingly Upton had better discipline in the 1st half and took a shock lead just before halftime after 2 kicks went uncontested and they pounced first. 2nd half Lane upped the tempo and gave the Upton stand off less time on the ball to pick his passes. Last 20 eased away as Upton tired and made errors like an 85 yard interception.

I went to semi final and think Toll Bar would have asked more questions with their handful of ex Doncaster pro's

Did young Jordan Bull play for Lock Lane ?

14 minutes ago, kev p said:

Did lock lane win the last Yorkshire cup final early this year? 31-10 v ovenden. So 2 finals in 2018? Or eas Sunday’s regarded as 2019 final? I’m confused

Lock Lane beat Ovenden in the 2017/18 final they beat Upton in the 2018/19 final 

Just now, shawy13 said:

491FF889-2A1C-4F76-B1EB-CD1CA9684AEC.png

He's a lovely kid, I was his first ever coach when he was about 8 or 9, he was like a little ball but always had a smile and listened to what he was told, sadly a divorce side tracked me and the squad of about 26 kids split up and Jordan went to Lock Lane.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:19 PM, kev p said:

Did lock lane win the last Yorkshire cup final early this year? 31-10 v ovenden. So 2 finals in 2018? Or eas Sunday’s regarded as 2019 final? I’m confused 

The Yorkshire cup is still classed as a winter competition. The 2019/20 season final will be played at the end of 2019.

13 hours ago, kev p said:

Is that the same for the Barca national & Cumberland cups? 

The BARLA cup is still classed as a winter competition. Even though it won't start until this month (January) it will still be classed as the 2018-19 season. It used to start in December or even November when more teams entered it. I can't speak for the Cumberland league cups but the Cumbria county cup used to be winter until a couple of years ago when it moved to Summer so, it was actually competed for twice in one season (winter then summer) but last season (2018 summer) it was not competed for at all. I don't know the full details but I'm sure it's covered an another thread. I think there was some confusion about who was going to run it and who was going to be in it?

9 hours ago, Celtic Rooster said:

The BARLA cup is still classed as a winter competition. Even though it won't start until this month (January) it will still be classed as the 2018-19 season. It used to start in December or even November when more teams entered it. I can't speak for the Cumberland league cups but the Cumbria county cup used to be winter until a couple of years ago when it moved to Summer so, it was actually competed for twice in one season (winter then summer) but last season (2018 summer) it was not competed for at all. I don't know the full details but I'm sure it's covered an another thread. I think there was some confusion about who was going to run it and who was going to be in it?

the barla cup first round was always played the weekend before the xmas break i've been to cumbria and bamber bridge a few times before xmas which you always end up with 14-15 players and this year at batley boys we haven't entered for some reason or another 

Archived