Toulouse Away

TheYoungBaron

Are the kneets running a trip to Toulouse?

Priced up flights to Carcassonne with Ryanair £132 for two, setting off from Manchester on Friday, returning on monday, train fare about €20 each way to Toulouse...just got to price up an airbnb.

Can't afford to go to Toronto tho!

Can't wait til Feb 

Personally I would probably use Ryanair direct from Stansted to  Toulouse Blagnac.  Currently approx £56 return and you’re then only 2/3 miles from the Stadium.

I am considering going to the game and work in the travel industry for a global travel business.  Happy to provide guidance to other Knights fans.

Toronto will hopefully be an Air Transat package.  Probably wouldn’t be able to match their deals!

Last time we visited Toulouse, we used the tram to get from the city up to the ground. They're fairly regular, quick and easy to use. There's a stop at the airport that takes you up to nearby the stadium, tickets cost €1.70 each way. You have to walk about 3/4 of a mile from the stop. You buy the tickets from a machine at the tram stop and put them into a machineonce you're  on the tram.

We've booked the Manchester Ryanair flights to Carcassonne £260 for 4, return. Out Friday 26th April back Monday 29th. good flight times. Out depart 1225pm back depart 415pm. Always wanted to have a look round Carcassonne, it looks a nice place so we're staying there. Train to Toulouse takes about an hour and plenty of them. fingers crossed now for no strikes, no flight time alterations, no kick off time alterations and no thunderstorms! [Like the one they got the time before last I think it was. Andy Acko will know!]

• 2 weeks later...

Carcassone for me as well. £63 return from Manchester great value. Love Carcassone .Saw Catalans v Cas  there in the dragons first season and a Lord Derby Cup Final there the day before we went to Perpignan to watch the Knights get bowled over by Catalans. Good rugby town. 

10 hours ago, Boyny said:

Carcassone for me as well. £63 return from Manchester great value. Love Carcassone .Saw Catalans v Cas  there in the dragons first season and a Lord Derby Cup Final there the day before we went to Perpignan to watch the Knights get bowled over by Catalans. Good rugby town. 

I was at that Cas game too, seem to remember they'd switched venues so had to put coaches on, we stopped in Barcelona and drove over. My dad and sister did the club package only for the flight to be cancelled from Doncaster and they couldn't go. Great town/city though (Carcassone not Donny!).

Yes the match was supposed to be played in Figueres Spain but they moved it to Carcassone. We flew to Barcelona stayed there one night. Then train upto Figueres then CatalanTour bus to Carcassone. Bit hectic but great experience.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 4:11 PM, Clarence Street said:

We've booked the Manchester Ryanair flights to Carcassonne £260 for 4, return. Out Friday 26th April back Monday 29th. good flight times. Out depart 1225pm back depart 415pm. Always wanted to have a look round Carcassonne, it looks a nice place so we're staying there. Train to Toulouse takes about an hour and plenty of them. fingers crossed now for no strikes, no flight time alterations, no kick off time alterations and no thunderstorms! [Like the one they got the time before last I think it was. Andy Acko will know!]

Still have the thunderstorm match on a DVD, John.

Cant decide whether to do Stansted- Toulouse or Manchester-Carcassonne.

Archived