Public Meeting at the Vestacare Stadium

Dave Naylor

Looks and sounds like a really positive meeting.

Professional presentation and good interaction.

I would have liked to have seen a slide with one more question.

What could be done to make the club moore attractive to potential investors?

Well done to all involved.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julie, Anne fly the flag for the girls !

THE purpose of our recent Fans’ Forum at the Vestacare Stadium , hopefully the start of quarterly or half-yearly meetings of club representatives and supporters, was threefold:

1. To inform and update fans about likely changes to the distribution of funding from the RFL that could adversely affect club finances going forward over the next few years.
  2. To tell fans how we intend to tackle this huge challenge head-on.
  3. To invite supporters to come forward with their own ideas and suggestions for increasing gates, income and public awareness of the club, its players, its coaches and its first-class mascot Roary the Roughyed.

Read full article

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 1:57 AM, Little no it all said:

Will the club then tell and inform the fans of the running costs over the last 10 years 

What does it matter?  It is a private business so how they fund/ finance it is irrelevant. It is just like say a theatre. It is privately owned with support from the arts council. You wouldn’t expect the patrons to be demanding to know the running costs. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, SINGE said:

Hi Dave, I've been thinking, to generate engagement with the @roughyeds accounts, what about memories by  publisging old pictures of roughyeds in actin and big games too. There is an OAFC one that gets quite a lot of interaction. @Dave Naylor

Seems like a plan.  I'll see if I can grab photos from where I can and give it a go.

16 minutes ago, herbie said:

Rugby Oldham do this everyday on FB.

Its fantastic.

Could you link into this somehow?

I know that Geoff posts these types of pics.  I've never seen them because I refuse to use Facebook.  I'll chat to Geoff about the ones he posts.

Archived