Pre season fixtures...

roughyed34

Scott likes the Barrow away trip for team building as much as anything, heavy pitch as always no doubt, slog in the mud, smell of wintergreen, steam rising from the scrum,Roughyeds in short sleeves, cheesy chips and gravy at Craven Park,jumpers for goalposts (sorry got a bit carried away there ?) Character building, i doubt the game at Barrow will decide our style of play for the season or the team that runs out v Worky in the league. Looking at the personnel we have signed i expect on the green green (plastic) grass of home we may be pleasantly surprised. Who wants winter rugby back eh? Summer rugby i tell you, its the future ?

2 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

Vestacare venue for Law Cup clash

OLDHAM’S defence of the Law Cup against derby rivals Rochdale Hornets will take place at the Vestacare Stadium on Sunday, January 20 with a 3pm kick-off.

Read full article

Dear me Dave, this is not an item to be shoved down the list under pre season, this is a BL**DY War, it's been played since Adam was a lad.It's the fixture that every red bloodied Roughyed and Ornit waits all year for. You've dissapointed me lad.

Am now going outside to spark me clog irons ont kerb edge.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Big-spending Thunder here in fourth friendly

OLDHAM will play an unprecedented FOURTH pre-season friendly with the visit to the Vestacare Stadium of big-spenders Newcastle Thunder on Sunday, February 3, kick-off 3pm.

Admission prices will be slashed with under-16s going in FREE.

Other prices will be £10 (adults) and £8 concessions with the usual £2 upgrade for a seat.

Read full article

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever, Oldham fans will be welcomed at Crazy Park as always. Good luck for the coming season. Do you still have that guy that keeps shouting Oldham, Oldham, Oldham? He's great.

18 hours ago, TMF said:

Whatever, Oldham fans will be welcomed at Crazy Park as always. Good luck for the coming season. Do you still have that guy that keeps shouting Oldham, Oldham, Oldham? He's great.

I think you mean our Kev.  I'm sure he'll be coming along!

A couple of season's back at Bower Fold, the ground announcer was issuing scripted fan encouragement during the game.  Not his fault, he was just the messenger.  Kev thought the voice in the speaker was me since I'd deputised a week or two previously.

I'd just returned from the annual pilgrimage to that farm owned by Michael Eavis and was sat with my camera behind the posts on the pitch, right in front of Kev.  Displeased that the announcer was trying to teach the fans how to suck eggs, Kev was shouting "Naylor, Naylor, get back to Glastonbury".  

I tried to let him know that I was literally right in front of him but I couldn't make my voice  heard above his. 

I still chuckle to this day about that.

Archived