Beaumont leaves Leigh

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

please don't be upset with me, I did all I could while people were being really mean to me

What a self centred arrogant scroat he really is

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Anyone that buys a RL club must be crazy he’s obviously put hundreds of thousands in that he will never see again and then getd hounded out if town. 

He’s a marmite character but he does’nt deserve all the abuse he gets for giving it a go

7 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

You evidently didn't read the statement correctly,WE the people of leigh are the investors,all we have to do is convince another 3000 people to turn up every other week and that's it,cosmic. As for writing a book in the future,don't just...don't,reading it would be like a lifetime of looking after sick cats

18 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

You evidently didn't read the statement correctly,WE the people of leigh are the investors,all we have to do is convince another 3000 people to turn up every other week and that's it,cosmic. As for writing a book in the future,don't just...don't,reading it would be like a lifetime of looking after sick cats

Well if you are lucky enough to have sufficient guile to earn enough of the green rolling stuff to invest in your home town club, I hope you get treated better than the guy you chastise, he put a lot of time, effort and his hard earned into the club, he is not everyones cup of tea but it is undeniable that he put his heart and sole into the Leigh Centurions, please advise us how your contribution stacks up to his.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well if you are lucky enough to have sufficient guile to earn enough of the green rolling stuff to invest in your home town club, I hope you get treated better than the guy you chastise, he put a lot of time, effort and his hard earned into the club, he is not everyones cup of tea but it is undeniable that he put his heart and sole into the Leigh Centurions, please advise us how your contribution stacks up to his.

Great reply Harry, the king is dead long live the king. No bloke putting that amount of money into a lower league club like ours to live the dream will get my criticism, but the JD's of the town will now be able to show us the colour of their money to ensure our future is the best it can be

Just now, scotchy1 said:

He did do his best, did his best to make sure the players paid the price for his profligacy 

He wasn't hard enough with some of those he brought to the club and paid them very very well, I watched them all season long Scotchy something that I have the advantage of over yourself, they were a disgrace. I have been involved in this game long enough to recognise if player's are putting in the effort or just going through the motions, in any other buisness employee's 'swinging the lead' as some of those did would have been dismissed long before the end of the season, I was a mere supporter of the team and felt frustrated, if I was actually paying them....... well.

21 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

My contribution has been as a paying supporter,so much so I have turned weekend work down in order to drive from liverpool to wherever leigh have played and have been doing so for 20 odd years. My issue is that I believe that if you sign up up for something then you should see the task through.

Did he go by train?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

My contribution has been as a paying supporter,so much so I have turned weekend work down in order to drive from liverpool to wherever leigh have played and have been doing so for 20 odd years. My issue is that I believe that if you sign up up for something then you should see the task through.

Yes so have I, but next year will be the 60th anniversary since my dad took me along to Hilton Park as a 6 year old in '59. I honestly find it galling that Leigh folk, who are supporters of the club, do not recognise the effort and money he has put into the club and given them (which I include yourself JD) so much pleasure. As I have said before there are thousands who state, if I had the money to invest, well the fact is, he had and did, made some mistakes along the way, but it was his money and which in a round about way he shared it with those people of Leigh who chose to follow him along his journey.

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes so have I, but next year will be the 60th anniversary since my dad took me along to Hilton Park as a 6 year old in '59. I honestly find it galling that Leigh folk, who are supporters of the club, do not recognise the effort and money he has put into the club and given them (which I include yourself JD) so much pleasure. As I have said before there are thousands who state, if I had the money to invest, well the fact is, he had and did, made some mistakes along the way, but it was his money and which in a round about way he shared it with those people of Leigh who chose to follow him along his journey.

Thanks for replying harry.although I do truly recognise his contribution and at the time admittedly I was thankful for it but by his own admission he has had to behave in a manner that he wasn't particularly proud of. The question I ask myself is are we in a better position now then say 4 or 5 years ago? The Answer is negative for me so his brief roller coaster ride that he took us on hasn't really amounted to anything.Im just looking forward to a solvent locally run club,such as batley and to try to earn rather than buy our place at the top table. As for top trumping me with your age,I may catch you up one day,but then again,I may not.

He took over a club in a mess and has left with the club in a mess, zero progress. Well done Derek.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

He wasn't hard enough with some of those he brought to the club and paid them very very well, I watched them all season long Scotchy something that I have the advantage of over yourself, they were a disgrace. I have been involved in this game long enough to recognise if player's are putting in the effort or just going through the motions, in any other buisness employee's 'swinging the lead' as some of those did would have been dismissed long before the end of the season, I was a mere supporter of the team and felt frustrated, if I was actually paying them....... well.

So there’s the issue. Overly influential money man and poor coach not motivating players. New coach, hopefully to bring about an effective team albeit bringing such a lot of new players together is going to take time. 

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

Interestingly the club still owe money to his company. I wonder what the repayment terms are & why he doesn't just write off the debt

£969k at the end of 2016, which will almost certainly have increased since then. Latest accounts (to the end of 2017) are 2 months overdue - they will make interesting reading...........

It always seemed to be built on sand there. The ultimate goal was Super League and they threw money at it to get there. A lot of money. Eye watering amounts if you believe that statement. There seemed to be no strategic plan, no mid or long term plan, just an attempt to get to the promised land and when they got there, I don’t really think there was much of a plan beyond that.

It never seemed to be, or have desires to be, a long term plan there. Do they have an Academy at all? I don’t think they do. They had a reserve team for a bit I seem to recall in the Championship but that seems to have disappeared and all eyes were on getting to Super League then trying to get back there. 

The format they played under in Super League played a part in their relegation somewhat but negligence was the main reason they are where they are today.

3 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

It always seemed to be built on sand there. The ultimate goal was Super League and they threw money at it to get there. A lot of money. Eye watering amounts if you believe that statement. There seemed to be no strategic plan, no mid or long term plan, just an attempt to get to the promised land and when they got there, I don’t really think there was much of a plan beyond that.

It never seemed to be, or have desires to be, a long term plan there. Do they have an Academy at all? I don’t think they do. They had a reserve team for a bit I seem to recall in the Championship but that seems to have disappeared and all eyes were on getting to Super League then trying to get back there. 

The format they played under in Super League played a part in their relegation somewhat but negligence was the main reason they are where they are today.

What they needed was licensing. 

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Archived