Wolfpack borrowed from Saracens?

11 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I'm a bit lost too. Wolfpack's branding is nothing like Sarries.

Nothing like who???

In reply to initial poster, the wolfpack brand has been used for years in Canadian rugby union, by the representative team from Alberta/Manitoba area. Prairie Wolfpack is their name. I suspect there are probably other Canadian teams with the same name.

I very much doubt it has anything to do with Saracens rugby union club in southern England.

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

Warrington's junior season ticket scheme has been the Wolfpack for at last 25 years, preceding the adoption of Wolves in the name of the club.

Very odd thread.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

25 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Very odd thread.

Smacks of desperation.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, Dave T said:

So is the opening poster going to explain what the hell this thread is about?

He

...really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really

...doesn't like Toronto.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, SteelersWheeler said:

Have no idea what tex is on about...... Saracens wear black shirts...... And throw an off shaped ball about..... Other than that, chalk and cheese have more in common. Strange thread? 

The Wolfpack throw an odd-shaped ball around too... but they also catch it, more often than not.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

47 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

He

...really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really

...doesn't like Toronto.

Really?

Other NAM colleges who called their teams Wolfpack/Wolf Pack - Loyola New Orleans, Nevada-Reno, Thompson River. None of them look like TWP's.

FWIW, my favourite name for any sporting team is University of Santa Barbara's Banana Slugs

Saracens compare themselves to a pack of wolves who individually and collectively hunt for each other, also posing in photos with a wolf.  Their defensive statistics are collated and compiled by the defence coach under the heading “Wolf Board”.  The “Wolf Rating” is taken very seriously and to be nominated is an accolade.  Also, Saracen’s current membership is called WolfPack Member  - https://www.saracens.com/products/membership/wolfpack

wolf.jpg

26 minutes ago, londonbronco said:

Saracens compare themselves to a pack of wolves who individually and collectively hunt for each other, also posing in photos with a wolf.  Their defensive statistics are collated and compiled by the defence coach under the heading “Wolf Board”.  The “Wolf Rating” is taken very seriously and to be nominated is an accolade.  Also, Saracen’s current membership is called WolfPack Member  - https://www.saracens.com/products/membership/wolfpack

wolf.jpg

Spot on - It comes from Paul Gustard's time at Saracens - In seasons past defensive plays brought on the musical "stings" from Duck Soups the Big Bad Wolf and Warren Zevons Werewolves of London.

Not sure  what this has to do with The Toronto side whose musical "stings" surely should be something suitably mancunian such as songs from Oasis or The Smiths.....

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

4 hours ago, Celt said:

Nothing like who???

In reply to initial poster, the wolfpack brand has been used for years in Canadian rugby union, by the representative team from Alberta/Manitoba area. Prairie Wolfpack is their name. I suspect there are probably other Canadian teams with the same name.

I very much doubt it has anything to do with Saracens rugby union club in southern England.

I suspect Saracens took it from the Prairie Wolfpack club.

The logos seem identical to both.

Not sure how long Saracens have been marketing with "The follow the Wolfpack" tagline.

DMWDyybWkAAKDK4.jpg

24 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Spot on - It comes from Paul Gustard's time at Saracens - In seasons past defensive plays brought on the musical "stings" from Duck Soups the Big Bad Wolf and Warren Zevons Werewolves of London.

Not sure  what this has to do with The Toronto side whose musical "stings" surely should be something suitably mancunian such as songs from Oasis or The Smiths.....

Cheers

Archived