Does anybody in Keighley care?

wiggler

I appreciate that forums are not the be all and end all of activity, but I am concerned to see how little comment there is from Keighley fans on this forum bearing in mind the current parlous situation of the club.  Is anybody from Keighley actually that bothered about the future of the club?

52 minutes ago, wiggler said:

I appreciate that forums are not the be all and end all of activity, but I am concerned to see how little comment there is from Keighley fans on this forum bearing in mind the current parlous situation of the club.  Is anybody from Keighley actually that bothered about the future of the club?

My daughter supports Keighley and I used to take her often when we lived near. 

They were very successful then in the championship and of course were denied promotion unfairly. They were attracting good crowds too and had a good away support. 

I would be sad to see them disappear. 

What is the situation now?

18 hours ago, wiggler said:

I think you have your answer now, same with the other thread most of the comments come from supporters of other club's as to how sad it would be to see the club go under whilst the people of Keighley, and remember it's a very mixed community, couldn't give a rat's.

I asked the same question and it seems at the moment the people of Keighley couldn't give a rats.

I think

On 12/1/2018 at 5:00 PM, wiggler said:

I think you've answered your own question.

I strongly object to the inference that Keighley Cougar fans are not interested in the current debacle playing out at the moment , I have played and supported this club for over sixty years and nothing could be further from the truth . There are no facts being provided by our so called owners or the RFL . Although the owners are directly responsible for this disaster the RFL must accept a large proportion of the blame for allowing such people to take over our club. I doubt this will happen as they are not interested in anything other than Super League and have surrendered there power to Robert Elston and Ian Lenigan . It will be therefore obvious to any intelligent person that all that is "out there" are lies , rumours , gossip and supposition , what is the point in adding to this rubbish , the time to comment is when the truth is known and we have a firm and honest ides of where we stand and what action we need to take !

For whatever reason there's never been many Keighley fans on here, check rlfans.com/Facebook and you'll see plenty who care. 

As for an update on the situation, the players have now been paid, the club is being taken out of special measures, Steve Gill and Craig Lingard are returning to the club and pre season training starts tomorrow. No idea what sort of team we'll be able to field but anything is better than nothing

4 hours ago, BD20Cougar said:

For whatever reason there's never been many Keighley fans on here, check rlfans.com/Facebook and you'll see plenty who care. 

As for an update on the situation, the players have now been paid, the club is being taken out of special measures, Steve Gill and Craig Lingard are returning to the club and pre season training starts tomorrow. No idea what sort of team we'll be able to field but anything is better than nothing

Apart from yourself and a couple of others it's not a hotbed of activity is it, irrespective of who the owners are that's the real problem in a nutshell, Div1 RL in many northern towns (and southern come to that) doesn't create enough intrest to sustain clubs or attract new spectators. If Keighley can attract enough players with blind faith that they are going to be payed what standard will they be and if they struggle on the field how is that going to attract more than the less than 1% of the locals that can be bothered to watch them now? You might have a club and a team to follow again but irrespective of Austria Holdings how long for? I'm not bagging Keighley as I have said before I was born there and watched my first and many other game's there but it's the entire format that has been allowed to develop that's wrong,  but instead of some tough and sound decisions being made in the past things have been allowed to drift along till the game in general finds itself dying a slow, painful death at semi-pro and amateur level.

All I'd like to add is good look to the cougars club and it's fans. I really hope that they can get past the turmoil of late and get back to the business of rugby league. I'm of the opinion that in the future we'll all struggle thanks to superleague but in the meantime let's try and enjoy what we've got while we have it.

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Calling John Drake, I think you might as well lock this thread, it appears to be showing a distinct lack of intrest/life just like it's subject unfortunately.

Most Kly fans use other forms of social media.

As has been pointed out previously on this thread.

3 hours ago, guess who said:

Most Kly fans use other forms of social media.

As has been pointed out previously on this thread.

Do you mean the one talking about running a bus to Whitehaven? I hear it's nice for sunbathing in February.

20 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Calling John Drake, I think you might as well lock this thread, it appears to be showing a distinct lack of intrest/life just like it's subject unfortunately.

Round spherical brass object used for opening and closing doors ?

So where are all these concerned Cougars fans hiding out, Facebook & Twitter? Playing at secret squirrel along with the prospective consortium? There seems to have been genuine concern shown be fans of other clubs on here for their plight but nobody wants to update them as to the situation, the. RFL say nothing, as expected, whoever is listed as this weeks owner keeps quiet and the fans give out abuse and tell you to mind your own buisness, seems the ideal way to run and promote a  business, no wonder they are in strife and what little goodwill that remains for them is rapidly disappearing.

We Cougar supporters seem to be attracting a lot of criticism for not using social media to comment on the debacle being acted out at Cougar Park . Whilst not being immune to criticism the fact is that since my last comments regarding this issue nothing has changed , there are no comments whatsoever from any of the so called owners , who now appear now to include a solicitor , how many solicitors do you know that are interested in R.L. In any case most solicitors are only marginally more honest than the people they represent. In view of this deafening silence what should we do ? Make stories up , pass on useless gossip or should we wait until a source we can trust tells us the truth. The RFL who seem to have abdicated all responsibility for administrating RL to Linigan and his acolyte Elstone should hang their heads in shame in allowing this disaster to unfold.  We Cougar supporters have nothing to apologise for , either for our commitment to or our love of the club.  The time to comment is when the truth is known !

Archived