Manchester bouncers investigated over assault

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-46424640

Bouncers from Manchester's Factory 251 nightclub are being investigated after an 18-year-old rugby league player was assaulted outside the club.

St Helens academy player Joe Sharratt suffered a serious head injury and is in a stable condition in hospital.

His mother Jane Sharratt told the BBC that he had a bleed on the brain but he was now "sitting up and talking".

Webmaster Edit: Embedded video removed - replaced with link to updated story on Manchester Evening News website

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

doesnt need saying but still... thats a disgrace!!! 

Jail time should becon for half of them.. hes doing nothing and half the punches are thrown by people when hes been pushed into them by one of the other bouncers.. then kidney punches while he is held down.. utterly cowardly.. 

Just now, RP London said:

doesnt need saying but still... thats a disgrace!!! 

Jail time should becon for half of them.. hes doing nothing and half the punches are thrown by people when hes been pushed into them by one of the other bouncers.. then kidney punches while he is held down.. utterly cowardly.. 

I think Joe might be the kid sparked clean out at the beginning.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just now, Bedford Roughyed said:

I think Joe might be the kid sparked clean out at the beginning.  

he went down hard... no one rushing to see if he is ok!

his mate getting punched while he gets around the barrier, then dragged back through it.. utterly disgusting behaviour from people who are paid to keep people safe not to exact any form of retribution or punch anyone spark out!

2 minutes ago, langpark said:

We don't know what's gone on before this, and I'm not saying these are angels.  But no matter what it was, this is absolutely gutless.

totally... bouncers are there for the protection of people, if they have done something wrong then chuck them out, if they continue to be *rses then call the police, while protecting the innocent people in or around your club.. you dont need to just keep punching people!

7 minutes ago, langpark said:

We don't know what's gone on before this, and I'm not saying these are angels.  But no matter what it was, this is absolutely gutless.

No matter what has happened before there is no justification for that level of attack or violence.

39 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

A video clip is essentially only part of a larger story and doesn’t always show the whole story, so I won’t be taking sides till we know more about this incident. However, going off the video clip alone, I can’t seem to see either young lad throwing a punch. 

Wish the lad the best in his recovery. 

I don't really care about what he's done. He will 100% have been making a fool of himself, but the bouncers are there to firstly diffuse a situation and if that can't/doesn't happen they're there to restrain until the police get there and both of those are to protect the patrons. They're not there to kick the out of someone.

Ben Cockayne on twitter abusing the guy with the camera for filming and not wading in helping.

Just because Ben enjoys street brawls doesn't mean everybody wants to get involved in this kind of thing.

Still, doesn't stop Cockayne calling him a c**t.

4 minutes ago, Rioman said:

The yellow vested cretin who laid the lad out is lucky he's not facing a murder charge. He could easily have been a "one punch killer". if the bang the lads head took when he went down was any worse.

He took a very heavy punch before that when he was defenceless too so wouldn't be surprised if he was severely dazed or even out cold before that punch that sent him sprawling.

14 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

The crowd comments are interesting as something must have gone on before for the crowd to be wanting the lads to take a pasting. Its still about 8 on 1 and could have been handled a lot better without the need for such violence.

think whenever that sort of thing happens you always get people wanting to see someone get their head stoved in though whether they deserve it or not.. not nice people baying for blood but some people just do.

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Ben Cockayne on twitter abusing the guy with the camera for filming and not wading in helping.

Just because Ben enjoys street brawls doesn't mean everybody wants to get involved in this kind of thing.

Still, doesn't stop Cockayne calling him a c**t.

Somebody has to produce evidence.

51 minutes ago, andyscoot said:

I don't really care about what he's done. He will 100% have been making a fool of himself, but the bouncers are there to firstly diffuse a situation and if that can't/doesn't happen they're there to restrain until the police get there and both of those are to protect the patrons. They're not there to kick the out of someone.

Didn’t say they were. I just said that the video clip is merely a small part of what is usually a wider story and can portray things completely differently from the truth. 

There will be a lot more to come from this and we’ll find out more in time.

25 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

It doesn't matter if the lads were being the biggest dickheads who ever drew breath, that level of thuggery is completely unwarranted. If they are there to prevent trouble, they're failing miserably. Shocking behaviour but I thought door staff were supposed to be vetted these days? 

Well loosely speaking, a lot are agency staff, so when the club says they're sacking them, actually they're probably not their own staff, they'll just use others from the agency or change agency

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Somebody has to produce evidence.

Quite, and in fact that person who filmed it is probably the person who will help bring justice to the victims.

Some people are just idiots..............if Cockayne had half a brain cell he might have realised this

3 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Well loosely speaking, a lot are agency staff, so when the club says they're sacking them, actually they're probably not their own staff, they'll just use others from the agency or change agency

The club terminated its contract with the agency, and the agency terminated its contracts with the bouncers. Double whammy.

Those bouncers are in a lot of bother.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived