League positions

tbgfc

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

Who do people think will win the league based on current signing so far. Think this season will be closer than last with no clear favourite it could be anyone of 6 teams for me. 

Newcastle and any one of 4 or 5 to win playoffs 

11 minutes ago, donald said:

Newcastle and any one of 4 or 5 to win playoffs 

I agree Newcastle town haven donny will all be in the mix it could be down to fine margins and should produce some cracking games 

I agree about Newcastle . Big talk around them and that brings big  expectations .  New experience for them and it’s a big jump from where they’ve been and a lot of new players . Not saying they won’t deliver but it’s not a given . I’d say again , especially taking out York n Bradford , that there’s nothing to fear in this league , it’s much of a muchness among the top few . If our recruitment until we finish our squad goes well I can see us winning it . We’ve as big a chance as anyone . Away form us always key so got to nail that consistently 

54 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I agree about Newcastle . Big talk around them and that brings big  expectations .  New experience for them and it’s a big jump from where they’ve been and a lot of new players . Not saying they won’t deliver but it’s not a given . I’d say again , especially taking out York n Bradford , that there’s nothing to fear in this league , it’s much of a muchness among the top few . If our recruitment until we finish our squad goes well I can see us winning it . We’ve as big a chance as anyone . Away form us always key so got to nail that consistently 

Town will definitely one of the favourites to win but that all depends on whos recruited as you say, at the minute i think town look quite weak in certain areas but as we all know that can change with a couple of key signings.

41 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Any of the top 4 is lottery game and any team can win on their day I believe Newcastle are the team to beat this year and it will be between haven town and them to go up 

I think it's out of Town Newcastle and Oldham maybe even Donny. I just think Haven will need a extra year with a new coach and all.

17 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

I think strength is a bit of an over exaggeration. The Elbra or Wath Brow sides of a good few years ago would’ve won this league.

says a lot about how good Haven and Town are then doesnt it

1 hour ago, GeordieTownie said:

I think strength is a bit of an over exaggeration. The Elbra or Wath Brow sides of a good few years ago would’ve won this league.

No they wouldn’t there are good teams at the top end of league one 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

6 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

They would marra.

Your Rugby knowledge amazes me GT this league is a lot better than you give it credit for.

Maybe the Egremont team of 1998 or the Wathbrow team of 2002 would of competed but as for winning the league no chance.

1 hour ago, tbgfc said:

Your Rugby knowledge amazes me GT this league is a lot better than you give it credit for.

Maybe the Egremont team of 1998 or the Wathbrow team of 2002 would of competed but as for winning the league no chance.

I was more thinking of the Elbra team that was better than both of them.

I think it will be wide open to be honest. Newcastle have recruited well but as both west Cumbrian teams know that is not a guarantee of success. I hope both our teams are up there and hope that for once we both have a bit of luck with injuries. Our squad building is still ongoing and if Haven can add some big fellas to their squad it might be a good year for Cumbrian rugby. As always it will depend as to how we travel and whether we can pick up those vital away wins.Although it is a small league I think it could turn into a very interesting season.

57 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

I was more thinking of the Elbra team that was better than both of them.

And the hensingham team were 7 or 8 of them went to super league clubs was better than all 3 teams mentioned.  Them where the days amateur rugby was at a high level we at haven then had to pick up the amateurs super league didn't want but suppose seedsy kiddie mort and chem had decent careers. 

14 minutes ago, donald said:

And the hensingham team were 7 or 8 of them went to super league clubs was better than all 3 teams mentioned.  Them where the days amateur rugby was at a high level we at haven then had to pick up the amateurs super league didn't want but suppose seedsy kiddie mort and chem had decent careers. 

Jacko,calvert and sherwen didnt do to bad either, the standard of amateur rugby is shocking at the minute the teams that are winning cups now really wouldnt have coped with teams from years ago!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Archived