League positions

tbgfc

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

I think strength is a bit of an over exaggeration. The Elbra or Wath Brow sides of a good few years ago would’ve won this league.

I watched that Elbra team on many occasions they were good but would be bottom in this league IMO . Not last year but certainly this one.

2 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

I watched that Elbra team on many occasions they were good but would be bottom in this league IMO . Not last year but certainly this one.

Is that the same Elbra team that beat Bramley when they were Leeds Rhinos feeder team and then Hunslet at derwent park in the challenge cup in the same season , Hunslet were in the then championship??  Imo they wouldn't have won this league but would have been a top 4 team without a doubt.

11 hours ago, anok4u said:

Jacko,calvert and sherwen didnt do to bad either, the standard of amateur rugby is shocking at the minute the teams that are winning cups now really wouldnt have coped with teams from years ago!

If you picked a Wath Brow team from the period 98/08 you'd get a team who would give any ream in today's League 1 trouble.They did beatTown,Dewsbury,Skolars and gave a star studded London Broncos a hell of a game in the capital during this period as well as reaching 4 National Cup finals.

1.Curwen,2.Calvert,3.Eilbeck,4.Rooney,5.Sanderson,6.Rudd,7.Hocking,8.Deans,9.Mattinson,10.Teare,11.Sherwen,12.Stewart,13.Troughton

14. Jackson,15.McCallister,16.Clarke,17.Wilson

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

If you picked a Wath Brow team from the period 98/08 you'd get a team who would give any ream in today's League 1 trouble.They did beatTown,Dewsbury,Skolars and gave a star studded London Broncos a hell of a game in the capital during this period as well as reaching 4 National Cup finals.

1.Curwen,2.Calvert,3.Eilbeck,4.Rooney,5.Sanderson,6.Rudd,7.Hocking,8.Deans,9.Mattinson,10.Teare,11.Sherwen,12.Stewart,13.Troughton

14. Jackson,15.McCallister,16.Clarke,17.Wilson

Good team but the hensingham one in the 90,s with Roper , Quayle, Murdoch,  McKinney, Howard Hill , Holgate , Davidson and Knox all super league add Ant Hill and Richard Todd and a few others would take some beating.

1 minute ago, donald said:

Good team but the hensingham one in the 90,s with Roper , Quayle, Murdoch,  McKinney, Howard Hill , Holgate , Davidson and Knox all super league add Ant Hill and Richard Todd and a few others would take some beating.

What did they win ??

23 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

Imo the best Cumbria amateur team ever produced was the Elbra team that of 96/97 , closely followed by the Brow team that followed , Hensingham not in the same league. All about opinions though.

Would have been some team if you could have combined them.

2 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

You can’t have watched them that often then. Less than half the Town team would’ve got in that team.

I said IMO it's all about opinions and I don't agree with yours. I watched them loads of times.

10 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Dempsey and McGee didn't do much at Town.

Where are these signings? Hurry up and release them eh.

Dempsey was a real talent he pulled up trees for Elbra but only showed glimpses of that talent for Town I'm sure he suffered a bad knee injury which held him back. McGhee looked a bit out of his depth.

8 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

They wouldn’t at this level though.

In a one off game in a team that they have played in for years? possibly. In a new team over a season in a league above what they know? No .

Archived