(West) Yorkshire Cup

Keighley were invited and included in the preliminary draw, but haven't got a team at the moment (see other threads).

They're replaced by Hunslet Parkside.

Why not Sheffield & Doncaster? Maybe....

1. They wanted eight teams only to make the draw easier?

2. South Yorkshire stinks?

3. They are a pair of johnny-come-lately clubs who were only formed in the 2nd half of the 20th century?

Yes,a good initiative,a pre season is important and these should be more meaningful for both players and spectators than merely a friendly.

Who knows who were invited and chose not to compete,although Keighley clearly have their own problems.

12 minutes ago, leaguefan13 said:

Seems strange that Donny and Sheffield weren’t invited but an amateur club was 

Was mentioned in one of earlier articles about Yorkshire cup that both Doncaster and Sheffield were invited to participate but didn't want to take part. Hunslet Parksiders were only included as a late replacement for Keighley due to their off field issues.

38 minutes ago, matt newsholme said:

Was mentioned in one of earlier articles about Yorkshire cup that both Doncaster and Sheffield were invited to participate but didn't want to take part. Hunslet Parksiders were only included as a late replacement for Keighley due to their off field issues.

Carl hall on twitter said that Doncaster weren’t asked about participating. 

Having Sheffield, Donny and Keighley would mean a 10 team comp. Obviously Keighley have their issues so can’t participate but they could have just been replaced by Hunslet Parkside

T

1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

Keighley have their issues so can’t participate but they could have just been replaced by Hunslet Parkside

They have.

15 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

Another thing I would like to know is why that odd looking little bloke from Halifax always wants to have his face on everything. 

All clubs have sent a player including Halifax yet he wants to be in the pictures too. Same with the clubs social media feed he puts his own face on everything. 

Seems like an ego maniac! 

Because he has organised the Sponsorship of the Cup via Berrys Jewellers, who have paid for a Cup as well. He is the Operations Manager of Berrys. Or should Sponsors not be involved in such things?

26 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Because he has organised the Sponsorship of the Cup via Berrys Jewellers, who have paid for a Cup as well. He is the Operations Manager of Berrys. Or should Sponsors not be involved in such things?

I’m surprised Lee Kerr wasn’t on then as sponsors as of the competition... oh maybe he doesn’t wanna take away the moment from the players 

1 hour ago, Monkey Lover said:

That does not explain his obsession with using the clubs social media accounts to put pictures of himself on everything.

Also why would a sponsor turn up to a launch event wearing the tie of one of the participants? 

Odd little chap.

He or anybody can wear whatever tie he wants. Complaint if it bother you so much.

I know he raise lots of money throughout Yorkshire through Charity events. I think he used a Halifax game to raise a few thousands this year for Brest Cancer.

If he use the Halifax Social Media to do and promote such things, is that really s problem? Its better than a Clubs using Twitter for example to blast the Refs, as I have seen on a couple of Occassions like Cas and Barrow did. From his involvement at Halifax, the Club doesnt seem to suffer.

If he is an Egomaniac, so what? It comes across as you have a problem with him. Bit strange that you go on a Forum calling him "odd looking"and running him down. Think its you who is "the odd chap" and has a problem with him for whatever reason..  

On 12/8/2018 at 11:20 AM, marklaspalmas said:

Keighley were invited and included in the preliminary draw, but haven't got a team at the moment (see other threads).

They're replaced by Hunslet Parkside.

Why not Sheffield & Doncaster? Maybe....

1. They wanted eight teams only to make the draw easier?

2. South Yorkshire stinks?

3. They are a pair of johnny-come-lately clubs who were only formed in the 2nd half of the 20th century?

Or, what goes around comes around.

A number of other clubs weren't best pleased with either of these two when the discussions with SL were going on, so I believe.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 12/9/2018 at 11:15 AM, Monkey Lover said:

That does not explain his obsession with using the clubs social media accounts to put pictures of himself on everything.

Also why would a sponsor turn up to a launch event wearing the tie of one of the participants? 

Odd little chap.

If i could just point as well that despite similarities in our names I am not this person. Im quite a bit taller, have a bigger belly, and the only time I wear a suit is to a funeral or wedding. ? My name originates from when we were the Blue Sox and used to run a programme piece entitled The Blues Ox.

Archived