2019 Away Shirt

NWDuk

New manufacturer this year with VX3. 

Steeden last year. I agree that the neck was a bit tight previously. Not sure anyone will know about the fit until they arrive (planned to be this week I've heard). If they had any examples/ prototypes then I imagine they would have publicised those and not the mock up image.

No, no, no. Have to disagree with anyone that says the new red shirt is better than the home shirt, which is at least in our home colours. If you go to an away game, will you be wearing a red and white scarf? Why not a white shirt with a blue V? Are we selling our soul here in an attempt to be 'trendy'?

28 minutes ago, TMF said:

No, no, no. Have to disagree with anyone that says the new red shirt is better than the home shirt, which is at least in our home colours. If you go to an away game, will you be wearing a red and white scarf? Why not a white shirt with a blue V? Are we selling our soul here in an attempt to be 'trendy'?

You do realise that Barrow's original colours were red and black don't you?

BarrowRaiders-keithnutter-1.png

In fairness, if I was going to wear a scarf, it would be a blue and white one.

But that's irrelevant. We're talking about an alternate shirt. Having our alternate colours being blue and white would be pretty feckin' useless.

Last year's away shirt, which we wore at home quite a lot, was good. Although I'm glad to see the red coming back.

The reason a change of shirt is required, is because it clashes with the opponents shirt, usually away. White with blue V wouldn't  clash with many teams away. If it does then we play in blue with a white V. What's our original colours got to do with anything? What colour is the flag that flies over CP on match days? That's why people wear blue and white scarves. It's our colours. Lets face it, alternate shirts are a money making scheme. Which is fine, but why not just buy the new blue shirt? Unless you can afford two shirts each season of course.

Maybe some people prefer having something a little bit different every year? Nothing wrong with having the traditional home kit and mixing the away kit up every year. Alternate shirts are a money making scheme? So are home shirts. If they weren't they wouldn't be re designed and re released every year. 

Tom Heighton

Two guys were looking at both the shirts in the club rugby shop window. One said to the other

"That's the one I'd get"

Just then Polyphemus came round the corner and thumped him.

? thats my contribution to the Christmas party. I'm going now.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Both shirts are money spinners, as is all the merchandise, without this stream of income there would be no club to support, don't see a problem really, you pick which one you like the best and buy it, it's all about personnel choice.

Does the RFL still tell teams which shirts they have to wear in games? It's not always the away team that has to avoid clashing with their hosts' colours.

You quite often see home teams in their 'away' kit while their opponents get to wear their traditional colours.

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

Does the RFL still tell teams which shirts they have to wear in games? It's not always the away team that has to avoid clashing with their hosts' colours.

You quite often see home teams in their 'away' kit while their opponents get to wear their traditional colours.

Yes they do.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

18 hours ago, NWDuk said:

I think we wore our "away" shirt for the first three or four home games last season. I'd assume that was under direction of the RFL

Or the fact it was easier to get all the mud out of the black kit haha

On 12/12/2018 at 11:59 AM, Bearman said:

Yes they do.

Thought so. This renders all arguments about what colour we *should* be wearing at home irrelevant because it isn't the club's decision. 

(Good cyclops joke, btw)

Archived