Great RL Photos

Adding to the picturesque grounds and remembering the time we regularly did threads like this I thought we could compile just some great photos of our greatest game. Put up some legendary ones and some that are unique. Starting with mine, I "stole" this from twitter the other month.

DpaIuFOWsAI37SV.jpg

Edited by Mumby Magic
  • Like 10

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Everything at this link to the Australian War Memorial archives.

https://www.awm.gov.au/advanced-search?query=Rugby league &collection=true&facet_type=Photograph&page=1

It has a heap of rugby league photos of military people playing rugby league in places as varied as Palestine and Japan including with the British Commonwealth Occupation Forces

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From this season, but one I really liked, just for the size contrast.

cook-vs-nelson-180803_gt_44.jpg?center=0

• Like 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I wish I could find the one of Paul Anderson and Russell Smith. The look on Smith's face was priceless!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1954 Challenge Cup final replay

image.jpg

• Like 17

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Norm Provan and Arthur Summons

i5766.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Brian Bevan, the most remarkable Rugby League player ever.

wire_photo_archive_37.jpg

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

image.jpg

Great picture.  My mother-in-law's brother was there, though, to tell you the truth, I cannot pick him out!

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Great picture.  My mother-in-law's brother was there, though, to tell you the truth, I cannot pick him out!

Can't you? 14,537th from the left on Row K, surely?

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

image.jpg

No matter how many times I see that picture I still can't believe they got that many people into Odsal. 

Here's a nice companion picture from pitch level:

mm14-5.jpg

• Like 2