Great RL Photos

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Another on the same theme

burrow.jpg.504f813673e91661bfc3e4cacbf5660f.jpg

Such a shame that the only pic I could find of Rob Burrow picking a fight with Epalahame Lauaki is such poor quality, because that incident made me laugh so much, I have zero memory of the next few minutes of that game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Such a shame that the only pic I could find of Rob Burrow picking a fight with Epalahame Lauaki is such poor quality, because that incident made me laugh so much, I have zero memory of the next few minutes of that game.

Lauaki was pretty rubbish but at least he provided us with some great comedy moments. The fight with Burrow, the attempted Tombstone Piledriver on Peter Fox (or was it Shaun Briscoe?) and who could forget the time that Radford told the ref that he couldn't speak English? 

29 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I just took a screen shot of the video.... the moment Burrow landed his right cross (although with the size difference it was more of an uppercut!).

Apologies if it comes in poor quality.

Screenshot_20181209-173936_YouTube.jpg

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

12 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I just took a screen shot of the video.... the moment Burrow landed his right cross (although with the size difference it was more of an uppercut!).

Don't have a photograph of it, but that reminds me of when Leroy Joe dropped Warren Stevens with a single punch, or as Leroy later put it "hit his off button" 

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

48 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It doesn't capture the totally baffled look on Effie's face, unfortunately.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

One of my favourite ever moments in Rugby League was Mike Gregory running away from Wally Lewis to score in the 1988 3rd test (with a jogging Martin Offiah next to him).

073MikeGregory_468x659-1.jpg

• Like 13

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Great picture.  My mother-in-law's brother was there, though, to tell you the truth, I cannot pick him out!

My mum and dad were also there. They wouldn't take me as I was only 4. Spoilsports.

• Like 1

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

21 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Were they in the main crowd or the one that was stuck on after? ?

Both.

• Haha 2

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

No tears to cry no feelings left

Great thread.

Each one could be captioned.

Rugby league, nothing compares"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

48 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

I recently did the Wembley Stadium tour and I was wondering who some of the players were in that statue. Now I know.

statue.jpg

The ones covered in mud are Australian , the bronze statue outside Wembley are from the British game . Look up Steve Winterburn he is the artist that created the bronze 

There's a book about the story behind the Provan/Summons trophy: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E4A82CA/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Ralph Waldo Emerson