Great RL Photos

Tried to find my favourite RL photo but failed.  It was of Ray Price slumped absolutely shattered on floor in the dressing room after a game.  I have never again seen such an image where someone looks so utterly exhausted after giving their all.

I am sure it was in a Aussie rugby magazine from the 1980's.

On field head stapling in State of Origin.

http-%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2018%2F06%2F06%2F13%2F34%2FStaple_060618_env.jpg

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Manly's Mark Broadhurst in the dressing room after the infamous semi-final in 1980/81 against Newtown (and Steve Bowden).

Broadhurst.jpg

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Like 3

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Dave Bolton of Wigan in the 1963 Challnge Cup final against Wakefield Trinity... the days before the HIA.

mp0qm6i6.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Manly's Mark Broadhurst in the dressing room after the infamous semi-final in 1980/81 against Newtown (and Steve Bowden).

Broadhurst.jpg

Some of the action that got him in that state!

44d145493b8d3ab27ad27f9e2c5d17fc.jpg

p108-1s.jpg

p108-4s.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Tried to find my favourite RL photo but failed.  It was of Ray Price slumped absolutely shattered on floor in the dressing room after a game.  I have never again seen such an image where someone looks so utterly exhausted after giving their all.

I am sure it was in a Aussie rugby magazine from the 1980's.

Was it this one?

Image result for parramatta ray price

Edited by Allora
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Tommy Raudonikis, aka the blond bombsite receiving a few pre-game slaps from a team-mate, just to get in the mood for mayhem.

IQT_26-09-2015_NEWS_05_SLAP_ct677x380.jp

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Cheers Allora thats the photo I was referring to.  

In all the years that I have watched many, many sports I have never seen anyone look like they gave absolutely everything like Price in this picture.

Parramatta captain Ray Price, left, and Mick Cronin, who played a match-winning role in the team's 40-8 win over Balmain at Belmore 1985.

His nickname was accurate but did not have the best ring to it "Mr Perpetual Motion" ?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

2D13196400000578-3259802-Cowboys_captain_Johnathan_Thurston_takes_a_moment_in_the_centre_-m-8_1443992070827.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Wigan team walking the tunnel at Central Park.

This for me highlights the real gladitorial element of our sport.

gettyimages-79051179-612x612.jpg

• Like 15

farrellnose.jpg

• Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Kelvin Skerrett (right) squares up tp St Helens forward Sonny Nickle in 1992

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

image.thumb.png.10c2da3930175203129726f50b77e798.png

10 years old screaming my head off, the great Frankie. Note Vinty over Franks shoulder also Wally Hurstfield left and Jim Measures right. The Robins fans will have to help me with their player.

SorryS Mirror no copyright infringement intended

• Like 2

Andy Gregory getting involved with Kurt Sorensen ...

I've just been looking back at my own photos, lots of good ones but this is one of my favourites, shows the elation and the heartbreak and the sportsmanship all in one.

greg sorensen.jpg

DSCF6963 (3).JPG

• Like 1